Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a Wiikey SD Card Adapter for Wii from DX (got some more things as well). I know this sounds odd but I don't know what it does! (Come on now it was only $5.02) Can I use it on GameCube? Can I run homebrew on a GameCube?

Thanks.

P.S. I have a GameCube and a Wii (ISN'T MINE!! I CAN'T SOFTMOD IT OR ANYTHING! HE WILL KILL ME IF I DO ANYTHING TO IT!!!!)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It basically re-routes the connections on your SD card to the appropriate connections in a GC memory card slot. This is useless unless you can run code on your Wii or GC that knows how to write to an SD card. It's widely known as a "SD Gecko" which was the original version. Unless you can mod your Wii or GC, or use a soft-mod, it will be a $5 SD card holder.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to double post but is there anything I can do with a WiiKey SD Adapter on a Gamecube (Saves, Backups, etc)?

EDIT: When I put a SD in the WiiKey SD Adapter and put the WiiKey SD Adapter in my GC it says "The object inserted in Slot A cannot be used". Any help?

P.S. Can a mod move this to a Gamecube forum?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There were one or two games that use it (animal cross Japan if I recall correctly) but it is not very useful for commercial games.
You can use it with an action replay to launch homebrew (and there are quite a few decent emulators and there is GCOS as well) and having done so a great deal of GC homebrew is geared towards using it to load data.

Earlier wii homebrew (and GC stuff adapted a bit for the wii) did use it but these days the wii mainly uses discs and the inbuilt SD slot.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
There were one or two games that use it (animal cross Japan if I recall correctly) but it is not very useful for commercial games.
You can use it with an action replay to launch homebrew (and there are quite a few decent emulators and there is GCOS as well) and having done so a great deal of GC homebrew is geared towards using it to load data.

Earlier wii homebrew (and GC stuff adapted a bit for the wii) did use it but these days the wii mainly uses discs and the inbuilt SD slot.
Thanks. Do you know the AR code for that? I want to load GCOS.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
THANKS! But it has some .exe files... I don't like the look of them...

EDIT: Can someone rehost GCOS for me? Thanks.

You know, I don't play my Gamecube anymore (I have a DS Lite, PS2 and maybe a PSP soon) so I think I'll try to sell the adapter (and maybe the cube too)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?