Hacking Wiikey: Official Picture + Release Date

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Waiting for email replys from foundmy.com/the shipping of the ship
smile.gif

You're going to solder a ship to your Wii?
biggrin.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
one more thing.... okay, so if i solder it useing wires instead of the quick solder... where will the chip rest? will it hang off the wires if my wii is standing up, or is there a place for the chip to sit?

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the .cn mean china on the web address ?

Yes

ok, so I'm a tad bit confused here.

Does it mention if it's upgradeable at all, or is that part of the "Recovery Mode" in case of a bad flash? I'm sorry, I'm still not too up to par with modchips yet, and a Wii chip will be the first one I'm getting. BUT I've done research and am learning anyways..

Sixth line in the specs on the official site:
"Sophisticated (true) update mechanism via DVD (future proof, expect cool features to come)"

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone know anywhere in the UK taking preorders for these, that has a date set for seling to us ?

And does anyone know where these are being manufactured ?
HK ??
China ??

I like know too if there any seller for wiikey in uk
and modchip are more likely made from china.

so i should stay away from the 30w? is it too hot?

dont use it, you will burn the install point on the dvd drive.

use a 15w soldering iron, not higher!

Yes that ture 15w soldering iron best to use..

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know anywhere in the UK taking preorders for these, that has a date set for seling to us ?

And does anyone know where these are being manufactured ?
HK ??
China ??

Why does it matter? Same banana in the end right? .cn means China btw.

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clarification on NTSC "partially" working for PAL users:

gamefreax.de is reporting that 70% of current NTSC games work without any problems on PAL machines

http://www.gamefreax.de/cgi-bin/gamefreax/site.pl?page=news

babelfish:

QUOTE said:
Wiikey release DATE and feature

It is so far. We are pleased about it, here official release of the Wiikey admit to give. The Wiikey will be available with us on Wednesday , the 21.02.2007. There is much good load minute news:

The Wiikey will play a majority of the NTSC of plays on PAL consoles. Here is it on it dependent like the plays was always programmed. It a majority of the NTSC Games (JAP and US) tested on PAL devices and approx. 70% of it ran without problems. The plays, which do not run up-to-date, will be able also in the future not to run, that a technical background with which we to further deal here did not can/want; -) We want to start a small empiric report, in which the names and versions of the plays become geposted in our forum, which run and/or do not run.

The Wiikey has a singular Recovery mode. If something should go into the trousers with updating, then the chip can again be programmed at any time over its Recovery mode.

100% Quicksolder: No wires are needed. The Wiikey is soldered completely by Quicksolder on the board.

In order to deal still another last mark with the Cyclowitz, we have there a somewhat less good message for its users, but we must go to something in's detail. The Wiikey has Microcontroller with integrated EEPROM one hybrid. The update is sent coded of the DVD to the EEPROM, which it programs decoded and on the fly in the Microcontroller. The Cyclowitz does not have so a/DECODING technology, which means that an update would have to be supplied in the pure format on DVD, as the chip is actually programmed. This has the consequence that no three days would appear simultaneous after a possible update at least 100 clones. Now we ask the question whether in the interest of the Cyclo team are. The question whether times an update for the Cyclowitz therefore sometime will appear can myself to everyone place. Which happens, if the Wii should lose the Datenstream during an update to the DVD, one can also imagine. No Recovery mode - no cookies...

We hear us concentrate then here also on with the mud battle and rather on the positive things of the life...

The Wiikey feature:

Direct boat OF Wii backups (like of original)
Direct boat OF of office backups (like of original)
Direct boat OF homebrew in office mode
Support all currently available CONSOLE and drive version (including the D2B chip set)
True sophisticated upgradability via DVD/disc (future proof, cool feature ton come expect)
Direct boat OF different NTSC region Wii of games on the USA and JAP of consoles
Partial support for different region NTSC of games on PAL of consoles (70%)
Supports different region of office of games (partially without swapping)
Support multi disc games for BOTH Wii and Gamecube
Supports DVD r/TRUE DVD+R and +RW support (NO bitsettng required)
Improved READ settings for recordable media
Built in audio fixed (for games using streaming, NO patch required)
Support full size 4GB DVD for Gamecube homebrew
Stealth mode
512 byte EEPROM ton net curtain configuration
4 of wires & quick solder interface
Unique disc backup application via SD card
Compact Design, best quality components, skirt solvently high speed CONTROLLER
Professional ESD packing

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Woolly. Still want more info, it seems that this ma mean just about all new NTSC games will probably be incompatible in the modded PAL console.
Guess I'll just have to wait for more info, still...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Woolly. Still want more info, it seems that this ma mean just about all new NTSC games will probably be incompatible in the modded PAL console.

Doesn't sound like it's saying that at to me. I think it's talking about the games which don't run and if they'll be able to get them to run in the future. Any resident sausage munchers able to give us a more accurate translation?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The part:
Der Wiikey wird einen Großteil der NTSC Spiele auf PAL Konsolen spielen. Hierbei ist es immer davon abhängig wie die Spiele programmiert wurden. Es wurde ein Großteil der NTSC Games (JAP und US) auf PAL Geräten getestet und ca 70% davon liefen ohne Probleme. Die Spiele, die aktuell nicht laufen, werden auch in Zukunft nicht laufen können, das hat einen technischen Hintergrund auf den wir hier nicht weiter eingehen können/wollen ;-) Wir wollen in unserem Forum einen kleinen Erfahrungsbericht starten, in welchem die Namen und Versionen der Spiele geposted werden, welche laufen bzw nicht laufen.

says something like:
The WiiKey will be able to play a major part of the NTSC games on a PAL console. Here, it is always dependable on how the games are programmed. A major part of the NTSC games (Japanese and American) where tested on a PAL machine, and aproximately 70% from them run without problems. The games, that don't work currently, will also not work in the future, that has an technical reason of which they can't / don't want to talk about furhter. ;-) We want to write a small message in our forum in which will be posted the names and versions of the games that work, respectively don't work.

So basically we will not see improvements on NTSC support on PAL consoles by updates, because the NTSC games programming doesn't seem to work on a PAL console or something. They don't give away more details though.
Also it's not yet known which games this applies for, but they will post it in their forums as soon as they know more...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land