OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed my WiiKey and everything looks great and went well installation-wise. I put everything back together and it boots up fine. I burned the Setup Disc v1.1 iso to a Playo DVD-R at 4x and it won't boot (doesn't recognize disc). Tried burning it with memorex DVD-R 4x, same thing. Tried burning a game iso at 2x, same thing. So basically it won't recognize anything (except originals).

What do I do now?

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure that you have connected the right wires to the right points?

I installed my WiiKey and everything looks great and went well installation-wise. I put everything back together and it boots up fine. I burned the Setup Disc v1.1 iso to a Playo DVD-R at 4x and it won't boot (doesn't recognize disc). Tried burning it with memorex DVD-R 4x, same thing. Tried burning a game iso at 2x, same thing. So basically it won't recognize anything (except originals).

What do I do now?

pandas0nic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it sounds like the modchip itself isn't installed correctly. I know you are probably 100% certain you did it correctly but even a small nudge on the wii unit could have been enough to dislodge a poorly soldered joint. If none of the isos are working but the wii is playing original first be thankful that the wii is working, because you can now go and remedy the situation.

Some questions, did you use the quicksolder method or a wire install? And did you use electrical tape to secure your instalation afterwards... also.. you are gonna basicaly have to open up the unit again to check the status of the install, you might want to check if you have a clone version of the wiikey or the real deal, where did u order it from ?

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem is probably the discs. I've tried the Playo DVD-R's and they don't work. Get some Verbatims (or another good brand).

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya dont need to splash out on verbs lol its the same as 360's just get good media like ritekg05, works fine, even cheapy CMC shit works but they will put a strain on your laser.

asteriaa

Trophies
XP
Country
I think probably your wiikey is not working.
maybe DOA(Dead on Arrive) .
Change your wiikey at shop where you buy it

yamdankee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered the chip from FoundMy.com.

Yes I did put electrical tape on it after I installed it. I will take apart the Wii again and see if anything came loose.

Anymore ideas/thoughts would be very much appreciated.

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya dont need to splash out on verbs lol its the same as 360's just get good media like ritekg05, works fine, even cheapy CMC shit works but they will put a strain on your laser.

I didn't think Verbatims were more expensive than most other brands...I got 50 for $18. (Sure it's not as cheap $7 for Playos)

I thought my Wiikey was defective at first because I tried 3-4 types of cheap media (Playo, Sony, Office Depot) on them and none of them worked. Then I tried Verbatims and they worked perfect. So I still suggest trying a better media before concluding your Wiikey is DOA.

yamdankee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I opened it back up and here's some shots of my work. They are blurry because I don't have that great of a camera to take pictures of such small things. Albeit blurry, you can see that everything is done right (as far as I can tell?).

So if no one can find anything wrong with it by these pictures, I guess it's time to go out and buy some verbatims?

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I opened it back up and here's some shots of my work. They are blurry because I don't have that great of a camera to take pictures of such small things. Albeit blurry, you can see that everything is done right (as far as I can tell?).

Â

So if no one can find anything wrong with it by these pictures, I guess it's time to go out and buy some verbatims?

That's not a Quicxk Solder method is it? Seems like alot of blobbed solder.

xiguo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I opened it back up and here's some shots of my work. They are blurry because I don't have that great of a camera to take pictures of such small things. Albeit blurry, you can see that everything is done right (as far as I can tell?).

Â

Why does it look like you have solder from points 3 and 5 running into points 1 and 2?

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is anything shorted? seeing how wiikey is kinda off a little with that method makes me wonder if theres a posibility with a short with component or other pads. sometimes on quicksolder your blob appears to touch the pad but acually are hovering and not touching so try a multimeter test. i've seen a burnt pad via quicksolder also so it could be anything. media also could be the problem like someone stated. my ps2 is such a crackwhore at being picky about it's media, but wii kinda seem less picky to me though

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
get a cheap multimeter, tape a 30awg wire on both +, _ with that continuity or however its spelled, its the one that makes a beep noise when theres no resistance

then touch 1 on the wii board, or chip leg then other on the wiikey point

yamdankee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tested all 5 points and all the connections are good. The one's supposed to beep, beep, and the ones not supposed to, don't (like xiguo was saying).

So the connections seem fine, so is it the media?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.