OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I got my WiiKey the other day, I just have a few questions:

1. I have a D2B Wii with cut legs, will this affect my install?

2. I want to install an on-off switch. In which solder point do I put it between?

^^ Sorry if that was phrased oddly.

-SuperGeek

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll need some way to grind into the D2B chip and get at the cut legs. Dremels or other rotary sanders can get the job done.

A bit of warning though, you really need to know what you're doing or be extremely careful, otherwise you might grind too far and damage the chip and end up with a bricked Wii. I suggest having a professional do this just for ease of mind.

I'm not sure about your switch though, sorry.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't have to grind but it'd be much much harder. unless you're real patient and precise, grinding is the recommended way. When I first modded my cutleg, I rebuilt the leg. After a freak incident that left me needing to do it again, I just used a kitchen knife and carved away until I had a decent amount to work with.

for what it's worth, it's worth mentioning that tapping into the cut legs will be the hardest part of the install.

SuperGeek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for the replies. I don't know about having a pro do it, since I checked and nobody in my area does installs.

Someone told me the switch should be put between point 2 and its point on the board, is that correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool