wiikey help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jhch49, May 1, 2007.

May 1, 2007

wiikey help by jhch49 at 1:23 AM (1,123 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. jhch49
    OP

Newcomer jhch49 Newbie

United States
    i just ordered my wiikey, and there are a few questions i have before i receive it and start the installation process:

1) to burn games, do i just burn the iso i d/l from torrent site straight out with nero?

2) am i able to play virtual console games on my wii with wiikey? and how?(if you know)

3) can i go online with the wiikey in my wii?

4) is there a way to turn off the wiikey? it say in the wiikey spec that it's got "stealth mode" how does that work?

thank you so much for answering my questions. i dont' think many people will know the answer to it all, but please help as much as you can.

2. pewpz

Member pewpz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1) Yes you can. I've burned with Nero. Some people have had issues burning at high speeds with low quality media, YMMV. 4x seems to be the sweet spot for me.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) No. Stealth mode refers to it being a drive mode, and supposedly it can't be seen by software. Stories of people bricking their Wii's is a byproduct of having a mod chip(loading NTSC games that try to update on PAL machines) and not the chip itself. But since you're in the US, you're fine.

3. jhch49
    OP

Newcomer jhch49 Newbie

United States
    how sure are you on the virtual console games? it will really suck if i can't play virtual console games cuz i love legend of mystic ninja and super mario bro.

4. pewpz

United States
    All chips are drive mods that let the Wii read discs, separate entity from where /how VC games are read from memory. If you want to play SNES games just load use the emulator.

5. dOOfus

Newcomer dOOfus Advanced Member

United States
    If you are wondering if VC has been hacked, no. If you are wondering if you can still download VC games, yes.

6. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    You can still download and play virtual console games just fine. But you will have to pay for them. It hasn't been hacked.

7. Redsquirrel

Member Redsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    just download the emu disc. Besides exclusive VC games and N64 games, you will have anything on a disc.

8. pewpz

United States
    Sorry, I misread and thought you were referring to being able to play downloaded VC games via the Wiikey. Like everyone said, VC games are unaffected by modchips.