Hacking wiikey help

jhch49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just ordered my wiikey, and there are a few questions i have before i receive it and start the installation process:

1) to burn games, do i just burn the iso i d/l from torrent site straight out with nero?

2) am i able to play virtual console games on my wii with wiikey? and how?(if you know)

3) can i go online with the wiikey in my wii?

4) is there a way to turn off the wiikey? it say in the wiikey spec that it's got "stealth mode" how does that work?

thank you so much for answering my questions. i dont' think many people will know the answer to it all, but please help as much as you can.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes you can. I've burned with Nero. Some people have had issues burning at high speeds with low quality media, YMMV. 4x seems to be the sweet spot for me.

2) No.

3) Yes.

4) No. Stealth mode refers to it being a drive mode, and supposedly it can't be seen by software. Stories of people bricking their Wii's is a byproduct of having a mod chip(loading NTSC games that try to update on PAL machines) and not the chip itself. But since you're in the US, you're fine.

jhch49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how sure are you on the virtual console games? it will really suck if i can't play virtual console games cuz i love legend of mystic ninja and super mario bro.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All chips are drive mods that let the Wii read discs, separate entity from where /how VC games are read from memory. If you want to play SNES games just load use the emulator.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
how sure are you on the virtual console games? it will really suck if i can't play virtual console games cuz i love legend of mystic ninja and super mario bro.

You can still download and play virtual console games just fine. But you will have to pay for them. It hasn't been hacked.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I misread and thought you were referring to being able to play downloaded VC games via the Wiikey. Like everyone said, VC games are unaffected by modchips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool