Hacking WiiKey -- Electrical Tape Post Install

baphomet007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished doing a wire install of my WiiKey, where the WiiKey is mounted on the metal exposure in the middle of the Wii. The wired points do have a little length of exposed wire, due to my junky wire stripper. Should I "shingle" or wrap the exposed length wire on the WiiKey and the board with electrical tape to prevent it from touch other wires, circuits, etc? The Wii is reassembled and has been tested, everything works great, so I would hate to not have everything done perfectly to prevent any issues down the road.

If I have to take the time to open that sucker up again to clean up everything, so be it. What should I tape up when I do open it up, in order to guarantee that I have no issues. I only have the WiiKey seated in the middle of the board, and some tape holding down the loops of extra wire.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we'd probably have to see some pictures to tell you exactly what you should do. But you should never leave exposed wires and metal close to each other. It would be in your best interest to pop the Wii back open and secure everything properly.

My friend installed a PulseVU (one of those chips that makes the Wii LED breathe and respond to sound), and he left some stuff unprofessional. Guess what, his Wii is dead. It's very important to neatly tuck everything away before you call the job done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1