Hacking Wiikey after 3.0U

airrich

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished installing the wiikey on a 3.0U. Problem is, nothing but originals work. This is my 9th wiikey install and i have not had any problems until this 3.0U. I triple checked all the connections and everything looks good. Could the wiikey be faulty? If so, do i get a replacement through the dealer i purchased it from or do i contact the wiikey team? Thanks.

EDIT: It is an authentic wiikey

gamez2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
are your backups the same region as I believe the wiikey is not region free by default you have to enable it.

it could also be the media you are using ??

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
points toward it NOT being authentic.. they've now started to print those holograms on fakes too i think. check the shape of the actual chip board n stuff

airrich

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
points toward it NOT being authentic.. they've now started to print those holograms on fakes too i think. check the shape of the actual chip board n stuff

chip looks authentic to me, i chipped my friend's wii who also got his chip from the same reseller
the place i purchased it from is also listed under wiikey's official reseller list also

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

youngreese1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine does the same thing. i have a usa ntsc wii w/ d2b serial L0250. ive been using ativa dvd+r and cant get backups to work. the setup disc wont run, i keep gettiing either regular disc read error or black screen disc read error. ive also tried gcos w/bhex editor. PLZ HELP!!

p.s. wii and gc originals run fine

obv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you place the wiikey setup disc in the drive does the GameCube logo even show up? if not the problem can be one of 3 things. ill list it in order of preference.

1. the blank dvd-r media u used, the wii doesnt like it. try other brands
2. the modchip install went wrong, re-check all your connections and look out for bridging
3 .faulty modchip (this is highly unlikely.. but it does happen)

youngreese1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you place the wiikey setup disc in the drive does the GameCube logo even show up? if not the problem can be one of 3 things. ill list it in order of preference.

1. the blank dvd-r media u used, the wii doesnt like it. try other brands
2. the modchip install went wrong, re-check all your connections and look out for bridging
3 .faulty modchip (this is highly unlikely.. but it does happen)

yea im thinkin its the dvds. 1. bcuz theyre dvd+r and 2. these ativas look kinda cheap. i had a pro come look at my soldering and he said everything was fine. i figured that since i did get the black screen that something was at least tryin to work.

airrich

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, i feel so stupid now
after trying to resolder it for a 4th time, i noticed the chip legs were gone
laugh.gif

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 2 wiis, both launch machines, one has a wiikey from original release, like the first one off the production line and the other has a wiikey clone which i got free.. both work the same way, both working fine with 3.0E. Must be dodgy chip or even incompatible wii chip? like D2C or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn