Homebrew Issue with Wii 4.3U Menu - Please help!!!

ordartz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm aware that installing Wii custom themes might have risks, and I always tried to be cautious about it.

I wanted to have a new theme lately, so I installed a few ones just to check how it looks. Everything went normal, until I noticed a certain option from my "Wii Options" menu freezes. I'm not sure if this is considered a "Soft Brick", but I tried reinstalling other themes, and even the original Wii 4.3U theme from NUS DOWNLOADER in order to fix it, but the problem on freezing on certain settings in the option menu still happens, no matter what, apparently. I don't know what could I do to fix this.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm aware that installing Wii custom themes might have risks, and I always tried to be cautious about it.

I wanted to have a new theme lately, so I installed a few ones just to check how it looks. Everything went normal, until I noticed a certain option from my "Wii Options" menu freezes. I'm not sure if this is considered a "Soft Brick", but I tried reinstalling other themes, and even the original Wii 4.3U theme from NUS DOWNLOADER in order to fix it, but the problem on freezing on certain settings in the option menu still happens, no matter what, apparently. I don't know what could I do to fix this.

View attachment 386935
Does it happen when you try to exit back to the Wii Menu?

For instance, go to the Message Board and then back to the Wii Menu, and if it freezes, then your theme might be preventing something from loading correctly, thus, freezing the system.

To be honest I don't have experience with Themes because that's cringy, ngl... but that's juat me.
Not judging, also, have you tried returning to the default Wii Menu theme and seeing if it still happens? If yes, then absolutely it might indicate a cIOS problem. Otherwise your theme might be conflictin with the system.

ordartz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does it happen when you try to exit back to the Wii Menu?

For instance, go to the Message Board and then back to the Wii Menu, and if it freezes, then your theme might be preventing something from loading correctly, thus, freezing the system.

To be honest I don't have experience with Themes because that's cringy, ngl... but that's juat me.
Not judging, also, have you tried returning to the default Wii Menu theme and seeing if it still happens? If yes, then absolutely it might indicate a cIOS problem. Otherwise your theme might be conflictin with the system.
I’m back home and checked that. I installed the original white 4.3U menu, and although it doesn’t freeze if I go back from the Message Board Menu from the Main Menu, it still freezes in the Channel menu in Wii Options, the same happens (sometimes) with the GameCube saves and SD SLOT. That freezes with the original menu or if I have a custom one, in both cases the same thing happens

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’m back home and checked that. I installed the original white 4.3U menu, and although it doesn’t freeze if I go back from the Message Board Menu from the Main Menu, it still freezes in the Channel menu in Wii Options, the same happens (sometimes) with the GameCube saves and SD SLOT. That freezes with the original menu or if I have a custom one, in both cases the same thing happens
Make a syscheck. Post it.
I don't know how to read a syscheck, but other users will help you identifying if there's a problem.

Have you noticed if, the freezing happens after a certain amount of time has passed?

Also, very important, do you have a NAND Backup?

ordartz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Make a syscheck. Post it.
I don't know how to read a syscheck, but other users will help you identifying if there's a problem.

Have you noticed if, the freezing happens after a certain amount of time has passed?

Also, very important, do you have a NAND Backup?
Yes, here it is. And fortunately I did a backup of my NAND a while ago after doing a factory reset, so this backup is blank and has nothing, basically. I have no problem in reinstalling it, but I'd appreaciate if there's any other way to solve this without having to restor all again.

I have my Wii settled on spanish, so this syscheck is in spanish.

Attachments

• SysCheck_ORDARTZ.rar
    910 bytes · Views: 20

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a last resort you could get the 4.3U system menu from modmii and install it just be sure to reinstall priiloader before you leave the homebrew channel.

Last edited by worm28,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto