Wiikey 1 Update 1.99

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what? Really? I still have one in my Wii, but never use the drive for anything more than installing games to my HDD for my USB Loader. I suppose I should update it... since it's still in there.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
More info:

A beta release for the original Wiikey 1 modchip is now available in the members area. This update fixes the 3X DVD issue and adds NSMB BCA support. Please be sure to read the readme.txt file contained within the archive and please send feedback to us about how well it works so that we can hurry and make the final release available.

As a Wiikey 1 user, you can now confidently brag to your friends by saying that you own the single longest-supported Wii modchip in the world! Released back in 2007, the original Wiikey 1 modchip is still receiving updates and is fully compatible with the latest copy protection systems. All other Wii modchips from the same era have died and been forgotten, but Wiikey 1 lives on! Thank you for your support in making this happen.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Roamin64 said:
As a Wiikey 1 user, you can now confidently brag to your friends by saying that you own the single longest-supported Wii modchip in the world! Released back in 2007, the original Wiikey 1 modchip is still receiving updates and is fully compatible with the latest copy protection systems. All other Wii modchips from the same era have died and been forgotten, but Wiikey 1 lives on! Thank you for your support in making this happen.
Lol I should put that in my sig

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i updated several days ago it must have worked cos my wiis drive is now a lot noisier meaning it's prob running at 6x now. even though i use usb mainly now but when that fails or i need to run the game from a disc for certain reasons (MPT) the ol wiikey is there if i need it.
nyanya.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't used my wiikey in ages, except for the occasional gamecube backup. Surprised it's even supported still. Time to update it all the same.
smile.gif

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hakoda said:
Nice, too bad I updated to a WiiKey 2 a while back. Glad to see they still support but why such the long wait?

Took 7-8 months for Wiikey Fusion so probably the Wiikey Fusion delayed the update.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
OmerMe said:
So, what does the 6X change?
blush.gif

I don't want my Wii making more noise.
6X is the speed ordinary Wii Disks go at. Any lower may result in slower loading and lag in videos (The actual game itself is buffered so it shouldn't lag...)

Ubuntaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just burned this to a dvd and a cd and neither were recognized by my Wii with 4.0U.

I've got the Wiikey 1 with 1.9s update installed. Anybody else have better luck?

I tried running the discs from the disc channel and neogamma (just to see what would happen).

Ubuntaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a ridata dvd+r (works for my games). I tried again with a Maxell dvd-r and it still won't work.

I also have the latest cIOS from Waninkoko if that makes a difference?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
The wii drive is very picky with what discs you use. Many people recommend Verabitim, but i use LG which works equally as fine. Just buy and try i guess. Find a brand that works best with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-