Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi, i do my experiments using ftpii on the wii side (https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Ftpii) and a ftp client on the pc side.
if you are on the same wifi connection, you can work on your files and upload them to the wii without removing your sd card.
Thank you, I'm a noob with this. So I need a ftp client on my PC? Wich one you recommend?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @fledge68. I'm starting to edit the menus of Wiiflow and I was wondering if you can point me some directions.

I noticed the home menu buttons are made of 3 images, a left, a center and a right button images and their selected versions. What I want to do, if possible, is to make this with only one image I have for each option.
You can't make buttons with text as one solid button. it must be separated in 3 images (left, center, and right). the reason because when you stretch or squish the button you only want it to effect the center image and not the ends. also creating buttons with text added prevents them from being translated into other languages.
I can't test it right now but I'm thinking if it will work changing the "button_font" under [GENERAL] on my theme.ini to a empty font, so I get rid of the text overlay and the text on my image becomes the text.
everything under [GENERAL] is there as default settings (images/fonts) for when you don't specify a font or images for the buttons and labels. by defining a font and left, center, and right images under [GENERAL] you don't have to constantly keep doing it for every button or label.
If everything fails, I think I can just make them all part of the background image and find a way to make a empty .png for the button and find a way to make a button_s to work as some kind of selection, maybe.
not a good idea. when you hover and click on buttons they grow a little in size. plus the text wouldn't be translated for other languages. i hate to tell you but wiiflow is not designed to handle buttons with icons on the left.
(oh and btw, I'm doing all my edits since the begin by hand on notepadd ++ and doing the tedious change of the sd card from my pc to my wii all the time over and over, is there a easier way? I tried loading wiiflow on dolphin one time had no sucess but never asked about it anyway.)

I'm attaching a sketch to ilustrate what I'm thinking about.
Thank you.
wiiflow uses:

buttons - with left, center, and right images.
[CHEAT/BACK_BTN]
click_sound=
color=
effect_scale_x=
effect_scale_y=
effect_x=
effect_y=
font=
font_line_height=
font_size=
height=
hover_sound=
texture_center=
texture_center_selected=
texture_left=
texture_left_selected=
texture_right=
texture_right_selected=
width=
x=
y=

pic buttons - a button with just one image. ie... the left and right arrows, check boxes, and the icons at the bottom of the main screen.
[MAIN/FAVORITES_ON]
click_sound=
effect_scale_x=
effect_scale_y=
effect_x=
effect_y=
height=
hover_sound=
texture_normal=
texture_selected=
width=
x=
y=

labels with or without a texture for background.
[GAME_SETTINGS/VIDEO]
color=
effect_scale_x=
effect_scale_y=
effect_x=
effect_y=
font=
font_line_height=
font_size=
height=
style=
width=
x=
y=

[GAME_SETTINGS/VIDEO_BTN]
background_texture= // notice the texture with this one.
color=
effect_scale_x=
effect_scale_y=
effect_x=
effect_y=
font=
font_line_height=
font_size=
height=
style=
width=
x=
y=

buttons with a left arrow (minus) and a right arrow (plus) are made using a label with bg texture for the center and pic buttons on the left and right used for the arrows.

here is a little info, its very old from way back in wiiflow 2.2 days - https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki/customization/themes/theme-template

Reactions: Muliro

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you very much for the answer.

also creating buttons with text added prevents them from being translated into other languages.
Oh man I did not think about it at all, there's not that much text on my theme but they are all images.
Well, let's see what I will come up with. It's fun to find ways around.

Thank you again!

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I've changed to the empty font and changed the butons to frame only images.
The home menu looks great but as expected button_font applys to all the buttons inside the settings :s
I'm gonna keep the frame only for the buttons but I'm gonna change the font to the one I use in the images and problem solved.

Attachments

• Jun-16-2022-23h33m40s.png
    Jun-16-2022-23h33m40s.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Jun-16-2022-23h33m50s.png
    Jun-16-2022-23h33m50s.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Shoche

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i use total commander since win 3.1 era, but it's more a file manager, the best in my opinion.
https://www.ghisler.com/
if your pc and wii have static ip on your wifi it's easy, you have to configure your router.
What do you think of Filezilla? I'm not sure I fully understand the known issues reported on ftpii's wiibrew page:

ftpii does not work with all clients; Finder thinks the Wii is read-only and refuses to write to it. Meanwhile, FileZilla refuses to download files using the normal button because it attempts to write to /.vol/path/to/file, which does not exist due to the root directory being virtual. This issue can be fixed by using the "View/Edit" button to open in TextEdit, then finding the file in Finder using the window bar instead of the normal download button.

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do you think of Filezilla? I'm not sure I fully understand the known issues reported on ftpii's wiibrew page:
i don't know... i can confirm that the setup ftpii + total commander works well.
i am a registered user but, if i remember correctly, the shareware version has only a nag screen to click.
on the wii side there is also wiixplorer but to me its ftp module is not as stable as ftpii.

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ftpii does not work with all clients; Finder thinks the Wii is read-only and refuses to write to it. Meanwhile, FileZilla refuses to download files using the normal button because it attempts to write to /.vol/path/to/file, which does not exist due to the root directory being virtual. This issue can be fixed by using the "View/Edit" button to open in TextEdit, then finding the file in Finder using the window bar instead of the normal download button.

FWIW I've used Transmit (Mac only) for twenty years now, and never encountered a server it didn't play well with. Able to move lots of little files, or gigs of big files in and out of FTPii with the only issue being a dropped connection every once and while.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WFL v5.5.4 test build - https://www.mediafire.com/file/18s7zmxwacjeikj/wf_v5.5.4_test_build.zip/file

this is just the boot.dol. install v5.5.3 and replace the boot.dol with this one. this is a test release because i tested some things but not everything. Here's the changes:

- fixed gui sound volume set to zero.
- fixed using 1 or 2 to change sourceflow to save the change.
- fixed deleting cached .wfc cover when you use X to delete a game.
- fixed showing number of games when you turn favorites on or off.
- fixed reload cache when BOTH channel types is chosen.
- fixed minor issues when using the source menu/flow with tiers.
- fixed source menu buttons hiding/showing when switching pages.
- moved SD only setting from wiiflow_lite.ini to wiiflow save file to possibly speed up wiiflow start up. note for sd users very first time will be slow and try to mount a USB drive but afterwards will be fast again.
- removed splash image on start up.
- added parental lock to block source menu editor. if wfl is locked pressing HOME button while on source flow/menu will do nothing.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

Yes 5.5.3 works fine. I have been using 5.5.4 beta1 for awhile now but the latest test build just black screen freezes on me. Ill download a fresh 5.5.3 and use the new dol.

Edit:
After installing clean 5.5.3 with test dol, it is working correct for me now. The only thing it could have been was leftover files when i was tinkering around with the splash screen image. But i thought that was at least 5-6 mobths ago, oh well it is working fine now. Sorry for the false alarm.

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I'm tired of everyone having trouble playing kirby's adventure wii/return to dreamland with wiiflow (lite). and everyone's answer to them is screw wiiflow use usb loader gx, it will work.

I've had return to dreamland for quite some time now and have never had any problem playing it via wiiflow. of course I use wiiflow default settings and no cheats. I am also using the ntsc return to dreamland on a ntsc wii. maybe there is a problem with the PAL kirby's adventure wii, maybe someone not in america can try it and confirm if it works or not.

So I did some testing with my game (return to dreamland) and ntsc wii on both USB HDD and SD and it works fine. i changed the language setting and it would freeze at some point after the wiimote screen.

so then I downloaded this gameconfig.txt created by crediar which should work for SUKE01, SUKP01, and SUKJ01.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/odt5qhzil123bhw/gameconfig.txt/file

put the gameconfig.txt file in dev:/wiiflow/codes (NOT THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD)

run wiiflow, select the game and in its settings make sure OCARINA is ON.

now i ran the game and works in other languages. i even downloaded cheats and turned on the No Music cheat clicked APPLY and the game ran without music. this works on both USB HDD and SD.

Thank you and have a nice day.

NOT SO FAST!
Seems i was wrong. After more testing.
It seems the game via SD freezes on cutscenes. via USB its fine.
first and foremost it has nothing to do with gameconfig.txt and WFL. It must be cIOS related.
right now we can't try it with usbloader gx. not until it has SD support.
I imagine a NEW game doesn't work because the game starts with a cutscene.
So stick to USB for this game. at least until and if someone comes up with a fix for SD.

Last edited by fledge68,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
, maybe someone not in america can try it and confirm if it works or not.
Hello,

@fledge68

these two versions of games work for me with wiiflow lite v5.5.3 (SUKE01, SUKP01), without correction.

I use default Wiiflow settings and no cheats. (wii PAL version)

I only tried on an external hard drive.

benfll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so I'm tired of everyone having trouble playing kirby's adventure wii/return to dreamland with wiiflow (lite). and everyone's answer to them is screw wiiflow use usb loader gx, it will work.

I've had return to dreamland for quite some time now and have never had any problem playing it via wiiflow. of course I use wiiflow default settings and no cheats. I am also using the ntsc return to dreamland on a ntsc wii. maybe there is a problem with the PAL kirby's adventure wii, maybe someone not in america can try it and confirm if it works or not.

So I did some testing with my game (return to dreamland) and ntsc wii on both USB HDD and SD and it works fine. i changed the language setting and it would freeze at some point after the wiimote screen.

so then I downloaded this gameconfig.txt created by crediar which should work for SUKE01, SUKP01, and SUKJ01.

[link]

put the gameconfig.txt file in dev:/wiiflow/codes (NOT THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD)

run wiiflow, select the game and in its settings make sure OCARINA is ON.

now i ran the game and works in other languages. i even downloaded cheats and turned on the No Music cheat clicked APPLY and the game ran without music. this works on both USB HDD and SD.

Thank you and have a nice day.
I've tried these steps and neither Kirby's Adventure Wii or Kirby's Return to Dreamland work on my PAL Wii. My game settings are:
IOS: AUTO
Language: Default
Video mode: System
Debugger: Disabled
Hook Type: AUTO
Ocarina: On
Patch country strings: Off
Vipatch: Off
Patch video modes: None
Aspect Ratio: Default
NAND Emulation: Default
Activity LED: Off
Private Server: Off
480p Pixel Patch: Off
Deflicker Filter: Normal

I have the gameconfig.txt file placed in wiiflow/codes but if I select Cheat Codes in the game's settings it says "Cheat file for game not found", so it looks like it's not recognising the file for some reason?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried these steps and neither Kirby's Adventure Wii or Kirby's Return to Dreamland work on my PAL Wii. My game settings are:
IOS: AUTO
Language: Default
Video mode: System
Debugger: Disabled
Hook Type: AUTO
Ocarina: On
Patch country strings: Off
Vipatch: Off
Patch video modes: None
Aspect Ratio: Default
NAND Emulation: Default
Activity LED: Off
Private Server: Off
480p Pixel Patch: Off
Deflicker Filter: Normal

I have the gameconfig.txt file placed in wiiflow/codes but if I select Cheat Codes in the game's settings it says "Cheat file for game not found", so it looks like it's not recognising the file for some reason?
Hello,

on which medium are your games placed??

have you tested the games without cheat mode??

do your other games work?

Post a syscheck report here , for verification , thanks .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol