Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a bother again, but I was wondering if there is a way to disable the loading bar that appears when starting games from WiiFlow? I'd rather just have a black screen.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the wait image. Just in case anyone else is wondering about this, I've managed to disable that by setting a 1 pixel transparent custom wait image and removing the comment from the XML file to enable the arguments for the custom wait image directory. I'm referring to the small white bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when starting a game. I've looked around in the settings and I didn't see anything. I also looked in the images directories for the themes and I didn't see anything I could make transparent. Thanks in advance.

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. And thats not just a wiiflow thing. its that way on usbloader-gx too I believe. But think of it like this... don't let it be a bother. When you see it, you always know your wbfs files are good and they are actually loading!

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I could put in a feature request for this? It seems like it would be fairly easy to add with a simple boolean toggle tied to a menu option in the settings that hides or disables the display of the loading bar. The boolean could either disable drawing the progress bar altogether or just set the color of it to transparent. I would do it myself but I don't have enough confidence in my ability to do it without messing something up and I don't want to ruin Fledge's work.

Maybe it has to do with this file: master/resources/wiiflow_game_booter/source/video_tinyload.c

Of course I could be wrong, I am not familiar with the code at all. It just seems relevant.

If you don't take feature requests it's not the end of the world. I can live with it.

biggzsizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there's no loading bar with GX for cfg, that's a Wiiflow thing. I don't personally feel strongly for or against it
I coulda swore I saw it happen in usbloader-gx once when I loaded SSBB,.. I dunno,... but STILL, when you see it, and it's actually moving across the screen, it's a good feeling, lol

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thank you for this @fledge68 . Using previous cfg file is OK to use im guessing, seems all is right so far. Now have to see what new shell looks like. Appreciate your work.

Edit:
Clear plastic shell looks beautiful.
A picture is worth a thousand words! Any chance someone can share the clear shell so we can see it before making the config file tweaks?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A picture is worth a thousand words! Any chance someone can share the clear shell so we can see it before making the config file tweaks?
Here you are three examples of the transparent case in action:
Apr-04-2021-11h01m43s.png Jan-31-2021-22h23m58s.png Apr-04-2021-11h01m17s.png

Radrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I just fixed my Wii after it went 9 years MIA and got into bringing it back to 2020, one of those steps was configuring Wiiflow and there where some roadblocks that I could not find anything about them on the internet and I want to share what I did to fix them.
  • My plugins where not returning to the loader.
For Wiiflow lite the correct line is "returnto=x" (where 0 exits to wii menu, 1 exits to wiiflow, 2 exits to homebrew channel) instead of "ReturnLoader=yes".​
  • Excite truck was not loading from usb.
For some reason that game really doesn't like the 480i patch.​
  • Plugins covers where not loading.
This may be common sense but make sure your covers are .PNG and not .JPG... or just download the cover database.​
  • Not64 plugin was not loading games from Wiiflow.
For argument use "rompath = "fat:/{path}/{name}".​

And those are the problems that made me question my sanity and no one on the internet seems to have come across them before...
Anyways just posting this in the hopes this help anyone who ever came across those problems and was not able to fix them.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear you have WFL running. You could have sweep cleaned your old archives then installed new files to save frustration.

ExciteTruck was/is known to be troublesome, although i have never had an issue with this game.

Yeah, not real sure why .jpg files got canned. Apearently .png look better when being compressed. I thought .jpg was still supported though.

If you don't mind my asking, what release/version of Not64 are you using?

Last edited by RunningSnakes,

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

I am trying to use WiiFlow_Lite_v5.4.9, but it seems to does not work for GC backups. When I start a game, I have a black screen for 30 seconds, then nintendont is opening whith an error message for accessing iso file.
Note that when I run myself Nintendont through HBC and run the same backup, it is working well.
Does it require an additional setting somewhere for gamecube please ?

Vahacris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here's a little update :

ScummVM plugin 18

- Sync with Github.

Same changes as before. Some new games are supported like Duckman etc... No idea if it's working here.

Source code
Hi, please let me know with what version of ScummVM this mod 18 is compatibile. I have full ScummVM 2.2.0 gameset and would like to know what games should I copy to my usb.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Alexander1970

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, please let me know with what version of ScummVM this mod 18 is compatibile. I have full ScummVM 2.2.0 gameset and would like to know what games should I copy to my usb.

Thanks in advance
2.2.0git from November 4th 2019.

You could also use the latest official builds as a plugin. There are more games supported. But you'll miss the additions from the mod.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2.2.0git from November 4th 2019.

You could also use the latest official builds as a plugin. There are more games supported. But you'll miss the additions from the mod.
the stable version from scummvm site is 2.2.0 but it's not good, it freezes when you exit.
I'm trying the 2.3.0 nightly builds from buildbot but they're still buggy, randomly crashing with codedumps even with the older games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?