Hacking WiiFlow Lite

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@luke9511 Here is the original message with priiloader's dol links.
Yes you can keep using cfg loader if you like, essentially it does the same things. However, in my opinion, Wiiflow interface really destroys everything else on ANY system and the new Rhapsodii theme with EmulationsStation-like sourceflow is pure awesomeness. Sure, you may have to spend a little time to tweak Wiiflow to you liking, but it's really worth it.
@pepobr @KyleWest Did you check if your game partition is set correctly to usb from Wiiflow settings?

Reactions: Hakaisha

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try booting this I get these two themeless screens and clicking on any of the options does nothing, I'll boot up on the "no games found on usb" screen then click b to get to the main menu and once I'm there the only thing I can do is click the home button to exit back to my Wii system menu. I pasted the masterpiece wiiflow folder on the root of my SD card and put the new wfl plugins and themes in that folder did I forget to do something? https://imgur.com/a/sbEVtuP

I have the same problem. the loader is in the sd card and the wii games are on the pendrive (usb1), it always displays the same error. using the configurable usb loader works without problems.

first off - did you download wiiflow lite (wfl) or wfl as wiiflow?
wiiflow lite goes in apps/wiiflow_lite and wfl as wiiflow goes in apps/wiiflow.
you MUST install the bin and imgs folders and their contents as well as the boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml. replace any that already exist.

second - you do not need the new wfl plugins UNLESS you are not using the source menu and instead will be using the select plugin menu. even then they really are only necessary for those who want to be able to combine wii, gc, channel games with plugin games.

third - wiiflow lite themes go in wiiflow/themes_lite and the coverflow default.ini goes in wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/

if you don't use HBC to launch wiiflow lite then you will need a wiiflow lite forwarder channel.
wiiflow forwarder channels will work to launch wfl as wiiflow.

pepobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
first off - did you download wiiflow lite (wfl) or wfl as wiiflow?
wiiflow lite goes in apps/wiiflow_lite and wfl as wiiflow goes in apps/wiiflow.
you MUST install the bin and imgs folders and their contents as well as the boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml. replace any that already exist.

second - you do not need the new wfl plugins UNLESS you are not using the source menu and instead will be using the select plugin menu. even then they really are only necessary for those who want to be able to combine wii, gc, channel games with plugin games.

third - wiiflow lite themes go in wiiflow/themes_lite and the coverflow default.ini goes in wiiflow/themes_lite/coverflows/

if you don't use HBC to launch wiiflow lite then you will need a wiiflow lite forwarder channel.
wiiflow forwarder channels will work to launch wfl as wiiflow.

I tried both and tried to execute the loader by the forwarder and the HBC, in both cases it appears the screen saying "no games found on SD". besides that I can not change the path in the settings, all the settings point to the SD and my games are in USB. any other ideas?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried both and tried to execute the loader by the forwarder and the HBC, in both cases it appears the screen saying "no games found on SD". besides that I can not change the path in the settings, all the settings point to the SD and my games are in USB. any other ideas?
When it wont switch to usb goto main settings pg 11 and sd only to off and exit wiiflow and restart it now you should be able to change to usb

pepobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When it wont switch to usb goto main settings pg 11 and sd only to off and exit wiiflow and restart it now you should be able to change to usb
I already tried that too. it looks like the wiiflow does not recognize my pendrive. I'm going to change the pendrive to see what happens.

Jochte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PROBLEM with pendrives/flash drives/USB sticks is that On average, flash drives last for 3,000 to 5,000 write cycles. They were designed to copy/write something from one device to another once and then be removed. Since the wii is CONSTANTLY reading and writing to the drive as the game plays, it will fail quickly. Sure it may work for a little while but guaranteed it will fry after a short time and you'll lose everything on the drive that wasn't backed up.

Use an HD drive which was designed for read/write cycles for the long term.

Last edited by Jochte,
Reactions: luke9511

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opted to create a fresh EmuNand for my WiiWare and VC games. I also prefer to have all my save game files go to EmuNand as opposed to regular SysNand.

However, I have many save files from things like Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I would just like to export that save file over to my EmuNand. Is there any easy way to do this?

Furthermore, I have GameCube save files on a physical GC memory card. Can I export those save files to EmuNand as well?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opted to create a fresh EmuNand for my WiiWare and VC games. I also prefer to have all my save game files go to EmuNand as opposed to regular SysNand.

However, I have many save files from things like Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I would just like to export that save file over to my EmuNand. Is there any easy way to do this?

Furthermore, I have GameCube save files on a physical GC memory card. Can I export those save files to EmuNand as well?
in wiiflow lite you can select your wii game (wii only) and in game settings menu find the option 'Extract Save from NAND' to copy the save to your saves emu nand. but before you do make sure you have setup your saves nand in wiiflow lites main settings.

as for wiiware/vc, any game you play via your emunand, the saves should be saved to that emunand. but you cannot transfer real nand saves to your emunand.

as for gc memcard. they cannot and are not saved on your real nand or emu nand. you can use GCMM to export your savegame to a file that nintendont can use. read the nintendont OP. look under savegames.

Last edited by fledge68,
Reactions: xLAKITUx

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in wiiflow lite you can select your wii game (wii only) and in game settings menu find the option 'Extract Save from NAND' to copy the save to your saves emu nand. but before you do make sure you have setup your saves nand in wiiflow lites main settings.

as for wiiware/vc, any game you play via your emunand, the saves should be saved to that emunand. but you cannot transfer real nand saves to your emunand.

as for gc memcard. they cannot and are not saved on your real nand or emu nand. you can use GCMM to export your savegame to a file that nintendont can use. read the nintendont OP. look under savegames.

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.

pepobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did some more tests with other pendrives, all of different brands and sizes and none worked. same screen, same error. the strange thing is that the problem occurs only with this loader. Can anyone test the loader trying to load games from a USB stick, please?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some more tests with other pendrives, all of different brands and sizes and none worked. same screen, same error. the strange thing is that the problem occurs only with this loader. Can anyone test the loader trying to load games from a USB stick, please?
have you went into main settings and startup settings and set force cios to on?

if that don't help then most likely libcustomfat in the portlibs folder needs updating.

pepobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
have you went into main settings and startup settings and set force cios to on?

if that don't help then most likely libcustomfat in the portlibs folder needs updating.
yes, when I turn on this option the loader returns to the HBC, then I need to delete the wiiflow save to return to normal. How do I do this update?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, when I turn on this option the loader returns to the HBC, then I need to delete the wiiflow save to return to normal. How do I do this update?
as for the force cios - that shouldn't happen. so if i understand you when you set that option to on wiiflow lite exits to HBC and then you can't boot wiiflow lite anymore unless you delete the save file? did you also change the cios from auto to 249? and what version of cios do you have installed in 249? you really need to get this to work. running wiiflow (lite) with IOS58 is usually the main cause for wii games not booting?

as for the update - i will have to do the update in the code. but i'm not sure what the difference is between libfat and libcustomfat.

pepobr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
as for the force cios - that shouldn't happen. so if i understand you when you set that option to on wiiflow lite exits to HBC and then you can't boot wiiflow lite anymore unless you delete the save file? did you also change the cios from auto to 249? and what version of cios do you have installed in 249? you really need to get this to work. running wiiflow (lite) with IOS58 is usually the main cause for wii games not booting?

as for the update - i will have to do the update in the code. but i'm not sure what the difference is between libfat and libcustomfat.
the loader does not quit, but when I restart the loader it returns to the HBC just after the loading screen. then i need delete the save to loader back to normal. yes, I leave the option in 249 cios (I do not remember which version, but it is most recommended for sure). I use the ConfigurableUSB Loader version 249 and it works perfectly.

Last edited by pepobr,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the loader does not quit, but when I restart the loader it returns to the HBC just after the loading screen. then i need delete the save to loader back to normal. yes, I leave the option in 249 cios (I do not remember which version, but it is most recommended for sure). I use the ConfigurableUSB Loader version 249 and it works perfectly.
when this happens do you see the wiiflow animation before it returns to HBC?

xLAKITUx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, extreme thanks to @fledge68 who has answered my litany of questions I've had over the past several weeks in my mission to get my WiiFlow Lite setup perfect. I hope this is my last troubleshooting question here. I was not able to find a resolution for this elsewhere.

I have one single Wii game on my USB drive that displays twice in WiiFlow regardless of what flow layout is displayed. All other games are only displayed once. I double-checked my USB drive to make sure I only have one .wbfs file and folder for that game. Is this a known bug?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, extreme thanks to @fledge68 who has answered my litany of questions I've had over the past several weeks in my mission to get my WiiFlow Lite setup perfect. I hope this is my last troubleshooting question here. I was not able to find a resolution for this elsewhere.

I have one single Wii game on my USB drive that displays twice in WiiFlow regardless of what flow layout is displayed. All other games are only displayed once. I double-checked my USB drive to make sure I only have one .wbfs file and folder for that game. Is this a known bug?
whats the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone