Hacking WiiFlow Lite

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow lite should go in apps/wiiflow_lite. and it doesn't use the hidden channel to return to wiiflow lite. it launches the wiiflow lite forwarder channel which it sounds like you don't have installed and/or use.

but wiiflow lite v5.2.0 to be released soon (i hope) and wfl_as_wiiflow go in apps/wiiflow and will use the hidden channel to return to wiiflow.

Reactions: Jeffvers

Zootwem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, I'm new here and I would like some collaboration to create a theme recreating a Nintendo Switch skin for WiiFlow Lite, I have the base files but I don't know how to move them around.

My goal is to create something like this:

wiiswitch.png

wiiswitch2.png

At the moment I have the files in a Github page

Reactions: octoshrimpy

octoshrimpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Zootwem

How's this for design?

Sourceflow:
JzVhc6t.png

and coverflow:
l907KGo.jpg

These are just some mockups I made in a couple hours.
sourceflow: codepen.io/octoshrimpy/pen/gqyQQJ
coverflow: codepen.io/octoshrimpy/pen/RvzPwP

If someone is willing to help zoot and I along to get this as a working theme, that would be amazing.

Also:
1. Is it possible to show network status like that? not strength, just whether it's connected or not.
2. is it possible to have a quick-action button on coverflow to switch theme? triggering a script or something.
3. is there a way to get non-looping flows?
4. is there a way to set the disc as a source in sourceflow, instead of having to go into a source and then click on disc?

Edit:

Obligatory night theme. I ain't no heathen.

xo3UXpz.png

DznYL1s.jpg

Last edited by octoshrimpy,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@octoshrimpy
1. No
2. No but wiimote buttons 1 and 2 switch coverflow layouts.
3. No
4. Maybe

Your themes look nice but arent possible with wiiflow. Theres no clock, wifi, or batteries on wiiflow main screen. And while you can display flat covers theres no way to put a blue frame around the selected cover.

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick reply. For the blue frame, you can create a similar effect in WiiFlow by using an over-scaled fully opaque (FF) Shadow behind the Center cover, and make it the same color as the frame you want.

It will look more like a glowing effect behind the cover, rather than a frame however.

Reactions: octoshrimpy

suspendedhatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For learning how to make themes, start with locating the theme images and replacing them. That's where I started. I corrected the aspect ratio on several of the console logos, and was modifying the channel and forwarder animations (trying to get that old unfinished software to work). Then I unexpectedly got a new job, but I'll be back at it soon.
Once you get that far you'll have a grasp of what's possible.
I like your Switch example. I think I'll create some of that style icons in Illustrator and see where that takes me.

Last edited by suspendedhatch,

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attention all graphically inclined people!

i'm in need of a categories button for wiiflow (lite). it must match the other main screen buttons of wiiflow's default and the button image must be a 2 drawer file cabinet or an up folder with tab on top.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Hakaisha

Zootwem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I like your Switch example. I think I'll create some of that style icons in Illustrator and see where that takes me.

I already copied switch default icons and incorpored some of them in WiiFlow Lite, but I'm having trouble editing the .ini files and getting audio to play, you can check out my GitHub page with the theme and icons.

Edit: Because I didn't fully edit the .ini files I get DSI error when I try to click something

Feb-22-2019-01h24m54s.png

Feb-22-2019-01h24m55s.png

Feb-22-2019-01h24m57s.png

Last edited by Zootwem,

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68 , I'll have a default Category button with the folder icon ready tonight. I personally think the round circles nicely match the rest of the Default theme, but I'll see if I can also create a squared round-corner style sample if time permits.

@Zootwem , while adding new sounds is a cool idea, defining additional sound files will make WFL very unstable and crash.

D

Deleted User

The dark Switch theme there looks amazing, I personally wouldn't want flat covers however.

Obligatory question, will it be posted here when it's finished?

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow v5.2.0 Release.

So I haven't added and changed everything i wanted to but it's been a while since v5.1.0 and this version fixes some issues in the last one. the download zip contains wiiflow v5.2.0 plus the languages, wiimpathy's wiiflow database v2 with a slightly modified platform ini, carbonik abz theme (needs updated), default coverflow slightly modified for this release, and the optional 'extra' plugins. wiimpathy's snapshots and cart images are too big to be included. find them on his thread here - https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite-with-emulators-database.527613/

Download here - https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/releases/tag/v5.2.0

As of this release there will no longer be two separate versions. WiiFlow Lite will simply be a replacement for WiiFlow. Put it in apps/wiiflow and use wiiflow forwarder's to launch it via the wii system menu. forwarders can be found on wiiflowiki4. for wiiflow lite users, sorry but you must uninstall your wiiflow lite forwarder and replace it with a wiiflow forwarder.

with wiiflow you will need the hidden channel to return to wiiflow after launching a plugin game. I recommend using fix94's channel installer - https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/wiiflow/WiiFlow_Channel_Installer_v1.1.zip
it will install the wiiflow forwarder and hidden channel on wii or vwii. if you don't like the forwarder you can uninstall it via the wii's system menu and install one of the others on wiiflowiki4. make sure to use wii forwarder for wii and vwii forwarder for vwii.

changes:
- fixed downloading flat front covers. saved in proper folder now. no longer stretched to cover entire box.
- fixed game/banner sound sometimes memory leak.
- fixed custom missing covers, broken in last release.
- fixed theme config saving via '1' button on home menu. broken in last release.
- fixed magic #'s for short covers. broken in last release.
- fixed source menu button autoboot for realnand and emunand sources.
- fixed wfl_as_wiiflow to use correct stub.bin to return to wiiflow after a plugin game.
- fixed Select Plugin menu when using nand and emunand plugins.
- fixed classic controller left stick by removing old wiiuse libs from portlibs and use newer libs in libogc. also adjusted lstick and rstick values in btnmap.h
- replaced 'init network' with 'mount SD only' on startup settings menu.
- added reboot when 'SD only' is changed.
- changed and added a few gecko prints.
- added GC banner sound options by einsteinx2 to page 11 of main settings menu.
- now using font.ttf in imgs folder as default font. it looks better.
- added plugins 'game info' menu with snapshots and cart/disk pics. big thanks to wiimpathy for all the database xml's and gathering all the pics and writing the code.
- added custom coverflow background via source menu button. add 'background=img_name.png or .jpg to any source menu button. put the background images in wiiflow/backgrounds.
- added option to use theme subfolders for the backgrounds and source tier backgrounds. put a folder named the theme in the backgrounds folders and put your images in it. these backgrounds will only load if using that theme.
- added option to use multiple homebrew plugins each with it's own romdir=. first six characters of magic# must be 484252. the last two can be random.
- restored homebrew to use coverflow with favorites, categories, and adult only.
- added fix to make sure -0.00 shows as 0.00 for values on adjust coverflow menu.
- on adjust coverflow menu, moved parameter selection from middle top to next line on left to keep from mixing with coverflow title.
- now when changing coverflow layout with '1' and '2' the current cover stays as the current cover.
- added 'Lock coverflow layouts' option to page 12 of main settings. if set to yes this will disable the 1 and 2 buttons to keep users from switching flow layouts.
- moved source menu settings to page 12 of main settings. no more pressing 'home' while viewing the source menu/flow.
- moved homebrew settings to page 12 of main settings. no more pressing 'home' while viewing homebrew flow.
- replaced homebrew button on main screen with categories button. new images thanks to Hakaisha. no more 'B' on favorites star.
- replaced adult only button on game selected screen with categories button. no more 'B' on favorites star.
- homebrew button is now restored as one of the quick launch buttons or accessible via source menu or plugin select menu
- adult only option now replaces the categories option of the game settings menu page 1 line 1.
- locking wiiflow no longer blocks homebrew access. you must use the adult only option for each homebrew app to block kids from accessing it.
- adjusted the position of main buttons on main screen and moved the song title to very top of screen.
- many language updates thanks to DDinghoya (korean), Brawl345 (German), and CrewMDK (spanish, english).

Last edited by fledge68,

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an amazing list of new features to try out in this update! I'm downloading it now. You even included the CoverFlow Lock! Thanks so much, Fledge! :yaywii:

I've recently put together a Carbonik Abz Categories button using the open folder graphic. You can find it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmsgtgbjcik54an/Carbonik_Abz_Categories_V1.rar/file

carbonik-abz-comparison.png

Now I just need to update Rhapsodii with a Categories fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...