Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like for there to be a separate button/command for categories. As the big man is otherwise preoccupied, how could I do this myself? Also, is there a way to force 480p when using devo? The video setting only seems to work for DM.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting...I only came across it while trying to make a custom build of a custom build of WiiSX 2.11 Beta which, incidentally, hasn't had a new release in years now. This Modded/Homebrew Wii stuff is so duct-tape-and-binder-twine I'm surprised anything works at all!

Most of the current stuff at least related to USB loaders is pretty mature.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like for there to be a separate button/command for categories. As the big man is otherwise preoccupied, how could I do this myself? Also, is there a way to force 480p when using devo? The video setting only seems to work for DM.
Shoot fledge68 a PM he probably has better knowledge of the coding based on that. Otherwise we have to wait for a reply here and I figure most people don't know how to read or write code.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shoot fledge68 a PM he probably has better knowledge of the coding based on that. Otherwise we have to wait for a reply here and I figure most people don't know how to read or write code.
adding a button for categories would be nice but it also means all the themes that have been updated will have to be updated again. Maybe there could be an option to invert the favorite btn. set to no a = favs and b = categories. set to yes a = cats and b = favs

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adding a button for categories would be nice but it also means all the themes that have been updated will have to be updated again. Maybe there could be an option to invert the favorite btn. set to no a = favs and b = categories. set to yes a = cats and b = favs
Not necessarily looking for an official commit. Just think it would be nice personally, and much easier when hacking wiis for other people and having to explain "Ok, kiddies, to find the categories, you gotta hover over the little star at the bottom and push the B button"

So how about "Category Button=yes" Where "No"= the same setup we got now? Then people are free to choose.

Also, what's the deal with forcing 480p with devo?

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's ok to post this here but....I downloaded the ultimate wiiflow beta.rar file, and think I setup everything how I should? But I seem to be having and issue with wiiflow. Wiiflow seems to be sorda a bit more complicated for noobs than other programs. Wiiflow seems to lock and freeze on me a good bit, and always freezes when I try to load wii backups. Some emulators work, but not all. Any good links you could give me to figure out my issue? Because I have read a few tuts, but I'm obviously not advanced enough in wiis to know what I'm doing. :P. Thanks.

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bigbones87, you should download from source, HERE > http://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/.

Oh, and always start with a clean install, that means delete cache and ini files first (if you already have wiiflow folders).
Thanks for the link. I clicked it and it brings me to the open mod wiiflow page. Then my choices are stable versions or betas. I assume I would want the stable versions, so I click that and it takes me to a page that says this is no longer being taken care of, and provides me a link which takes me right back to the open wiiflow mod page. The other option for new files give me a download which I downloaded, but it is a start config or something? Maybe I am doing something wrong here. I completely removed everything to do with wiiflow and am gonna do a fresh install once I figure out which one I need and how to proceed. Sorry for my noobness

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the link. I clicked it and it brings me to the open mod wiiflow page. Then my choices are stable versions or betas. I assume I would want the stable versions, so I click that and it takes me to a page that says this is no longer being taken care of, and provides me a link which takes me right back to the open wiiflow mod page. The other option for new files give me a download which I downloaded, but it is a start config or something? Maybe I am doing something wrong here. I completely removed everything to do with wiiflow and am gonna do a fresh install once I figure out which one I need and how to proceed. Sorry for my noobness

You can take the last beta R1075...it is very stable..
You just have to unpack the contents of the 7z file to the apps\wiiflow folder of your device.
Then just run it (with HBC or a wiiflow channel forwarder) and wiiflow will autocreate the folders and files it needs.

Reactions: Bigbones87

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can take the last beta R1075...it is very stable..
You just have to unpack the contents of the 7z file to the apps\wiiflow folder of your device.
Then just run it (with HBC or a wiiflow channel forwarder) and wiiflow will autocreate the folders and files it needs.
got it all setup. You arent gonna believe my stupidity (or maybe you will...lol), but my whole entire issue was I was loading wiiflow of a sd card inserted and hidden behind the door. Didnt even realize I had that in there, so couldnt figure out why it was already setup with launch.ini and caches, and to make a long story short.....it just messed things all up having the sd:app/wiiflow on my sd card and running it from there, when I was adding content to my usb:app/wiiflow and usb:wiiflow folders and nothing changing or happening. Was driving me crazy, but its all worked out now.Thanks for the help and patience.
On a side note...would you happen to know how to separate my gb/gbc/gba roms to the different source menu .png? When I choose the one that says gba, it wants a plugin. I tell it vbagx and then it pulls up all of my roms, not just gba roms

Edit: I found out how. I went back and reread the wiiflowiki page on advanced plugins and the info was right there. The power of reading ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got one quick question...

I know that all the game covers are downloaded in .png format and then stored in like a "backup" in the cache folder in .wfc format.
The thing is that since I am running low on memory in my SD Card, I want to delete the covers, but I don't know if the covers will still appear in Wiiflow with JUST the .wfc files.

Can I delete the .png files from the boxcovers folder safely and still have them appearing in Wiiflow with the .wfc files?

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,I have a problem lately trying to run Samurai Warriors 3 PAL.

I tried to load the game with every cIOS installed,tried every video settings (force pal 50hz) but the game displays a black screen after save data.

I suppose this is a very known compatibility issue but is there any workaround found?

Thanks in advance!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone confirm if Black Ops is running in r1075?
I have tried running it with that revision but no dice, I haven't changed any options or settings at all and it just gives me a black screen. :/
Works fine with CFG.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if Black Ops is running in r1075?
I have tried running it with that revision but no dice, I haven't changed any options or settings at all and it just gives me a black screen. :/
Works fine with CFG.

Working fine here, just played a round of zombies. I used d2x v9 i believe (its my IOS 248 cant remember for certain but I know d2x v10 is in my 249-250 slots)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Working fine here, just played a round of zombies. I used d2x v9 i believe (its my IOS 248 cant remember for certain but I know d2x v10 is in my 249-250 slots)

I am on my Wii U.
I also played Black Ops before in my Wii U, I haven't played it since I updated to r1075, so my guess is that it is due to the update.
cIOS should be 250 right?
Does it run for you in 249?

EDIT: Got it working now, apparently it must have the Patch Video option set to Normal (ios 250 as I usually had it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.