Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still, the reason why i say this is because it might be confusing to people, they might think that they can't use a theme with a lower wiiflow rev. number..
It was also like that already in the past. But i get your logic too.

In view of the permanent changes, I can assure you that the themes are not backward compatible.
This is not always the case, about twenty revisions, they will, but only for a single revision that is no longer possible.

To avoid any confusion, I will give the WIP links themes only on IRC.
After all, this topic is a WiiFlow topic, not a WiiFlow-mod topic ... whatever ... ;)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
r1036 with alternate boot/wait animation
Nl1WxsY.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1vphwcf8jykiwhe/boot.dol

Or this one...
bGwRS1x.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/download/95s3h93zitgt4z5/boot.dol

EDIT: png use thanks to AbdallahTerro's guide and FIX94's help.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from the changelog on the google code page:

put your MIOS in dev:/wiiflow/mios. name them qfsd.wad, qfusb.wad, dm.wad, and dml.wad. set your QuadForce games GC loader to AUTO or just set the global GC Loader to auto for all games.

Note: if you don't want to use it then leave everything alone and don't put any wads in the mios folder.

https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/detail?r=974

Reactions: mike1

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make WiiFlow show all games possible without selecting every single source in the source menu (pressing + on them all)?

Also I just saw this:
from the changelog on the google code page:

put your MIOS in dev:/wiiflow/mios. name them qfsd.wad, qfusb.wad, dm.wad, and dml.wad. set your QuadForce games GC loader to AUTO or just set the global GC Loader to auto for all games.

Note: if you don't want to use it then leave everything alone and don't put any wads in the mios folder.

https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/source/detail?r=974
Are you saying that there's a way to make WiiFlow load gamecube games with Dios Mios without having to install Dios Mios on the Wii's real nand, overwriting the originial mios?

remaxx

7/11 was an inside job.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there is an all plugins button.
Could you tell me where please? Is it only in one of the betas or is it in 4.2.1 too? Dumb question, sorry. I didn't check the source menu after asking that.

Edit: Oh, another thing I couldn't find any info on. When WiiFlow starts up and there's music in the music folder, it shows a pop up with the name of the song. Is there any way to stop that pop up from appearing? Thanks :)

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, another thing I couldn't find any info on. When WiiFlow starts up and there's music in the music folder, it shows a pop up with the name of the song. Is there any way to stop that pop up from appearing? Thanks :)

There is a line in the wiiflow.ini that allows you to disable the music display info. I don't have my ini in front of me and don't remember exactly the line, but look for a line that says something like "music display info" and set it to no.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you saying that there's a way to make WiiFlow load gamecube games with Dios Mios without having to install Dios Mios on the Wii's real nand, overwriting the originial mios?
Well, the way it works , is that it automatically installs the mios that is needed for the game you are starting, so technically it still does install DM on the real nand, but you wont have to do it manually.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
sourceflow updates number 2- as per requests.

WgDdWZM.png

zip containing only the updated images:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5adr3o7g6u624d/small_covers updates #2.zip

Still can't get plugin dol loading to work - hence the delay on the sourceflow thread update -
has anyone got plugins to load directly, without loading a coverflow, using the autoboot function?
homebrew is fine, tho'!
drakorex what's this wad you got - for turning off the wii ? :)

Reactions: MassiveRican

Drynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i have a problem with fceugx plugin, it corrupt my fat partition, some times i go to save and it says it cannot find directory, then when i quit gaming it goes back to wii and i can't boot anything from hdd. Putting hdd in computer everything on my fat32 partition is with non lettered names and unusable so i must reformat the partition. It happened to me 3 times in maybe 4 or 5 session of playing nes and it only happend since i've got the coverflow working that's why i assume it is the plugin, i've played about as much before without wiiflow with no problem. I've done quite a bit of searching and found http://code.google.com/p/fceugc/issues/detail?id=301. and https://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/issues/detail?id=619 with is my problem and seems to be a liblogic problem. If it is the problem does anyone have the fceugx plugin compiled with a newer liblogic? or the source of plugin? What is perturbing me is that i seems to be the only one with that problem now, it happens to me quite frequently and is a lot trouble everytime it happens. I was not sure where to post and hope i have found the right place.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a wad manager that will install to real (not emu) nand from a 3 or 4TB USB drive? The normal Wad Manage 1.7/1.8 works up to 2TB but they fail on 3 or 4TB drives. I'm sick of having to copy things to SD card to install :)

TIA.

NM... YAWMM works nicely on 3 and 4TB drives. Yeah!

TheSly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wiiflow is FANTASTIC -

Is there a possibility to show rom-Games (Gameboy, Nes…) TOGETHER with Wii-Games (so I don’t have to change the sources)?

I would create the covers by myself, like this one – and I would give them to anyone who wants them
Mystic Quest.jpg
Mystic Quest.jpg

PS: I'm sorry, I don't know how to put my image into a spoiler...

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would create the covers by myself, like this one – and I would give them to anyone who wants them

PS: I'm sorry, I don't know how to put my image into a spoiler...
It is very simple, just add the word spoiler before it and /spoiler after it, this has to be in brackets though.
If you reply to my post you can see how i have done it.

And you can post your covers here -> http://gbatemp.net/threads/cover-collections-for-emulators-with-cover-support.324714/

This topic is started for this purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...