Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Could this be added to WiiFlow's startup (it looks like it's just one line of code) to fix the aspect ratio for those starting from HBC on Wii U?
http://gbatemp.net/threads/hbc-aspect-fix-app-by-tueidj.355488/

EDIT : now that I think about it, I'm not sure how this would react if the Wii U settings were already for a 4:3 TV ... might have to be selective there.

wooknoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had trouble getting angry birds to load? The banner doesn't even come up in wiiflow, but it loads on dolphin.
Hi,
Did you find a way to fix it? I have same issue with Angry Birds, and now with JustDance2014.
Tried with 4.1 and 4.2 under d2xv8f and d2xv10b52.
Thanks for any help!

Abadai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I was wondering if there was a plan to have multisource selection saved upon shutdown? Whenever I restart my Wii and load WiiFlow it defaults to a single source. (Returning to loader from games does save the multisource selection, if initially selected)

Also, would it be possible to add an option within the loader to enable direct button mapping for Devolution? Perhaps even on a game-by-game basis?

Thanks; appreciate all the work that's been put into this awesome program

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone has the full list of CPS 1, 2, NeoGeo and Mame roms in a custom_titles.ini form, I want to add this to the Masterpack since custom title names are supported since rev1020?
Wow just saw the changelog fantastic. If no ones done it by the time I receive my new drive in a few days. I'll get started on it. My setup before my HDD failed had every CPS/1/2/FBA rom on it. I'll start working on MAME collection afterwards.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I was wondering if there was a plan to have multisource selection saved upon shutdown? Whenever I restart my Wii and load WiiFlow it defaults to a single source. (Returning to loader from games does save the multisource selection, if initially selected)
+1 for this.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Custom titles draft for mame here.
It's a full list with clones that I took from there.

It still needs some tweakings. There are negeo games in it. Some roms have a * in their names. There are dots and wiiflow has issues with that (truncated name).
Shell script in case you'd want to use another list:

#! /bin/bash

while read ligne
do
name=`echo $ligne | cut -d '|' -f3 | sed -e 's/^ //' -e 's/ $//'`
description=`echo $ligne | cut -d '|' -f2 | sed -e 's/^ //' -e 's/ $//'`

echo "$name=$description" >> temp

done < fulllist.txt

sort temp > listcustom.txt

Reactions: MassiveRican

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom titles draft for mame here.
It's a full list with clones that I took from there.

It still needs some tweakings. There are negeo games in it. Some roms have a * in their names. There are dots and wiiflow has issues with that (truncated name).
Shell script in case you'd want to use another list:

#! /bin/bash

while read ligne
do
name=`echo $ligne | cut -d '|' -f3 | sed -e 's/^ //' -e 's/ $//'`
description=`echo $ligne | cut -d '|' -f2 | sed -e 's/^ //' -e 's/ $//'`

echo "$name=$description" >> temp

done < fulllist.txt

sort temp > listcustom.txt
Cool thanks, hey you made the mame wii plugin right? does it have a way to return to wiiflow?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Also, would it be possible to add an option within the loader to enable direct button mapping for Devolution? Perhaps even on a game-by-game basis?

Thanks; appreciate all the work that's been put into this awesome program
what do you mean by shutdown. I'm pretty sure if you exit wiiflow from the exit to menu wiiflow.ini is saved but if you just turn the power off it doesn't get saved. Oh wait I know what the problem might be - when you return to wiiflow the first time (after starting a game) wiiflow remembers the sources but if you don't select a game after that and just exit wiiflow then the next time you start wiiflow it starts in wii mode. It was coded that way. I could maybe add that if multisources are set to leave them set all the time.

Abadai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by shutdown. I'm pretty sure if you exit wiiflow from the exit to menu wiiflow.ini is saved but if you just turn the power off it doesn't get saved. Oh wait I know what the problem might be - when you return to wiiflow the first time (after starting a game) wiiflow remembers the sources but if you don't select a game after that and just exit wiiflow then the next time you start wiiflow it starts in wii mode. It was coded that way. I could maybe add that if multisources are set to leave them set all the time.
Yeah; basically, I turn on my Wii and go into Wiiflow and then select my multisources. If I go into a game and then return to the loader, the multisources are still set. But if I then Exit to Menu (or shutdown the Wii), the next time I turn it on and go to loader the multisource selection is gone. If you could add the option to have them set all the time, that would fix it I think.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i hadn't updated wiiflow since like 2.0 and it loads very slow. it also takes a while to load games. about 40 seconds or so with a black screen before a loading bar shows up.

is this the new norm or is there something wrong? it used to be so instant.

so a couple of questions.

1. do i need to update any ios to take advantage of new features? i can't seem to get nand emu working.
2. also. i have priiloader installed and i get a stack dump when starting the wii - do i need to update the forwarder so it goes into wiiflow?

questions about nand emulation.

1. does it matter where the nand dump is located? if i run the game from an sd card, can the nand also be located in the same sd card?
2. does running a game from an sd card affect in-game sd recognition? rb3 doesn't see the card when running the game from the card.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
loading 1st time is always slow, 1st time is used to cache the games, it should go faster after that.
Also it is recommended if you go from ver3 or lower to ver4, to first delete all the config files..

Now for the answers:

1. D2X cIOS v8 or higher is needed to take advantage of all functions of wiiflow, reccomended is a cIOS with a 56 base on slot 249 and a 57 base on slot 250.
IOS should be ok, unless you have an outdated IOS 58, in that case i would recommend updating that too to the latest version.
2. nope, not really, but priloader is updated regulary too, you might want to get the latest version of it. I don't have problems with the latest priiloader.

answers nand emulation:

1. as far as i know it should work, as long as you set the correct path to the nand.
2. i have to pass on this question, i thought in game sd is still recognized, but again it can also be the cIOS you are using causing this problem, perhaps the D2X cIOS solves that problem too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.