Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

DaveBlack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way too start wiiu automaticly as soon vwii is started?
when i turned on my old wii it automaticly started wiiflow direct.... no wii main menu..
i also want to skip the main wii menu on the vwii..

is this possible on vwii (wiiu)?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there a way too start wiiu automaticly as soon vwii is started?
when i turned on my old wii it automaticly started wiiflow direct.... no wii main menu..
i also want to skip the main wii menu on the vwii..

is this possible on vwii (wiiu)?

on the wii that was done with priiloader but on vwii it will brick your wiimode. so no there is no way of doing this

Reactions: DaveBlack

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Complete sourcefl0w small_covers folder - now even more

READABLE

(well, that's the idea, anyway ;) )

You'll have to put the unzipped small_covers folder in your source_menu folder. The sourceflow setttings are in settings > startup settings > manage source menu
You'll also need to turn on small covers to see this set
EDIT: You will also need r1023 or higher (see next page)
zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5q18i70eh7vyfg/small_covers.zip
folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x6r7f7vrjm5rh/sourceflow_small_covers_v1

Have a look under the spoiler for a windows explorer screengrab of the complete set

Pju67In.png

You'll note a couple of Abz's originals, unchanged, and some future proofing!

This took up a ludicrous amount of my free time, there are literally hours upon hours of work here - although that's mostly because I learned GIMP as I was doing it :D. Hats off to all you artworkers out there, I have loads more appreciation for the effort involved:bow: .
If there's any demand, I'd like to do spines and back covers, with pixel-art images of the consoles and controllers - fledge has kindly agreed to full covers - if I can get round to it!

I hope you enjoy, and your comments, as always, are welcome.
SP

EDIT: Reuploaded zip file with error corrections...

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
On both the larger and smaller set of covers spacepimp i say great job, certainly much more than I have the patience to accomplish lol. A small request/feedback. Could u remove the big bold white letters in front of the "F" that say final burn alpha. I think the icons would look to a lot better w/o it, I feel like it blocks all the great graphics behind it.

Anyway it's just a suggestion thanks for working on these icons. You defeated the old cliche "Don't talk about it, be about it". Nice work stepping in to contribute graphics to your dream flow ;)

loving the WiiBrowser plugin icon btw nice job on that.

Reactions: spacepimp

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
On both the larger and smaller set of covers spacepimp i say great job, certainly much more than I have the patience to accomplish lol. A small request/feedback. Could u remove the big bold white letters in front of the "F" that say final burn alpha. I think the icons would look to a lot better w/o it, I feel like it blocks all the great graphics behind it.

Anyway it's just a suggestion thanks for working on these icons. You defeated the old cliche "Don't talk about it, be about it". Nice work stepping in to contribute graphics to your dream flow ;)

I did wonder about the font on that FBA one...I'll definately look into it - BTW - I can't get the cache to empty and reload the small_covers folder artwork - can you have a go?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fledge68 Can we have Wiiflow read from both ports at once? If not, could we at least make on the fly port switching a thing? This would be a great help to those with massive game+movie collections.
first answer - both ports at once? no.
second answer - on the fly? I would have to look at the code but I would say no, or if you do wiiflow would have to restart every time you did. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Fix94 knows the right answer to this. ask him on IRC.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first answer - both ports at once? no.
second answer - on the fly? I would have to look at the code but I would say no, or if you do wiiflow would have to restart every time you did. I could be wrong, but I'm sure Fix94 knows the right answer to this. ask him on IRC.
The best way I can figure is to have a line in the plugin ini
PORT=0/1
If set to 1 Wiiflow would reload to the plugin selected. Personally I would only need to use it for mplayer.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The best way I can figure is to have a line in the plugin ini
PORT=0/1
If set to 1 Wiiflow would reload to the plugin selected. Personally I would only need to use it for mplayer.

The thing is, though, does mplayer know how to choose a specific USB port?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I hooked my hard drive up to port 1, switched Wiiflow over to port 1 and everything works. The trick would be getting Wiiflow to switch to port 1 when the plugin is selected.
Actually, if mplayer is always set to see a certain port when there's two plugged in, you could put files with the same name (dummy files) on the other drive in the same place so WiiFlow would see them ...

A while ago I made this little utility to copy all files in a folder into dummy file copies.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fhkfh78ohh0p5x/EmptyCopy.zip

Anyway, just run mplayer from HBC with both drives connected and see which one it sees.
Use that port for the movie drive and have WiiFlow set to look at the other one. (that one'll be the game drive)
use the program I linked to "copy" the movies onto the wiiflow drive.
that way wiiflow will see files with the right name so they'll show up. and mplayer will see the actual movies.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if mplayer is always set to see a certain port when there's two plugged in, you could put files with the same name (dummy files) on the other drive in the same place so WiiFlow would see them ...

A while ago I made this little utility to copy all files in a folder into dummy file copies.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fhkfh78ohh0p5x/EmptyCopy.zip

Anyway, just run mplayer from HBC with both drives connected and see which one it sees.
Use that port for the movie drive and have WiiFlow set to look at the other one. (that one'll be the game drive)
use the program I linked to "copy" the movies onto the wiiflow drive.
that way wiiflow will see files with the right name so they'll show up. and mplayer will see the actual movies.

I'm not so sure that would work. I think it just reads the files off the selected port.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Complete sourcefl0w small_covers folder - now even more

READABLE

(well, that's the idea, anyway ;) )

You'll have to put the unzipped small_covers folder in your source_menu folder. The sourceflow is in settings > startup settings (!) > manage source menu
zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yb7w93up32f33d1/small_covers.zip
folder:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/x6r7f7vrjm5rh/sourceflow_small_covers_v1

Have a look under the spoiler for a windows explorer screengrab of the complete set

Pju67In.png

You'll note a couple of Abz's originals, unchanged, and some future proofing!

This took up a ludicrous amount of my free time, there are literally hours upon hours of work here - although that's mostly because I learned GIMP as I was doing it :D. Hats off to all you artworkers out there, I have loads more appreciation for the effort involved:bow: .
If there's any demand, I'd like to do spines and back covers, with pixel-art images of the consoles and controllers - fledge has kindly agreed to full covers - if I can get round to it!

I hope you enjoy, and your comments, as always, are welcome.
SP
I need your "OK" before adding them to the masterpack :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm not so sure that would work. I think it just reads the files off the selected port.

I know WiiMC, for instance, always reads off of port1 when there's 2 things plugged in at once and I think most stuff that runs on IOS8 does that (unless they're specifically programmed to do otherwise, I'm sure) and I think things that run off of a cIOS always use port0 first unless told to do otherwise

and I THINK that selection of which port to use is reset when switching the IOS or reloading a new app (like when loading a plugin)

It's worth a try either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol