Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AbdallahTerro Hey do you have the source menu icons with just the images, no frames or backgrounds? I thought about manually removing them, but there's so many lol :unsure:
Maybe a bit late, but if you're still looking for transparent icons, you can find them on mastershoes source button thread: here's the link for the transparent ones.
Plus here are a few icons that I made. I already posted them some time ago, there are some alts for an all-in-one arcade plugin (I use all fba cores) and the other is for the Pc-Engine CD rom (1st japanese model) that was missing

Reactions: ToddofWar420

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mamule you are my HERO... Thanks for taking so much time for making the Themes look great Again
also dont let those Guys here on gba fail get on your nerves, so just to let you know i´m behind you 100%

also my 2 cents about the source menu shit in wiiflow, i HATE it.. think it is crap
just like Abz´s master crap pack....

Really guys?!? - if this thread is going to become a hate fest where some of the people who have spent the most work get beat on for their contributions they may leave.

If you don't like the way the current development is headed feel free to make your own branch.

Can a mod start cleaning this up? It's getting out of hand IMO.

edit: my Mom always told me if you don't have anything good or constructive to say - keep your mouth shut. That's good advice that I hope others take to heart.

nibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really guys?!? - if this thread is going to become a hate fest where some of the people who have spent the most work get beat on for their contributions they may leave.

If you don't like the way the current development is headed feel free to make your own branch.

Can a mod start cleaning this up? It's getting out of hand IMO.

edit: my Mom always told me if you don't have anything good or constructive to say - keep your mouth shut. That's good advice that I hope others take to heart.

rofl.. NOW ITS STARTING TO GET FUNNY.... :D

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a bit late, but if you're still looking for transparent icons, you can find them on mastershoes source button thread: here's the link for the transparent ones.
Plus here are a few icons that I made. I already posted them some time ago, there are some alts for an all-in-one arcade plugin (I use all fba cores) and the other is for the Pc-Engine CD rom (1st japanese model) that was missing
Thanks, but it's all stuff I already have. Oh well. I don't suppose you know where I can get blank button templates for out of date themes?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
:blink: ...

Anyway, on a FAR MORE CONSTRUCTIVE NOTE, has anyone tested my r200 Devolution plugin yet? I'm particularly interested in knowing if the button mapping on any of the new controllers gets changed correctly.
With the included INI files the button mapping is Y=A, B=A, A=X, X=Y (or their corresponding buttons on the PS3 controller) to better match the position of the original GC buttons on the control.
BUT
if you replace the INI's with these it should change to A=A, B=B, X=X, Y=Y
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xyy0rq5zf8h019g/Devolution_-_direct_button_mapping.zip
any volunteers?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
mamule you are my HERO... Thanks for taking so much time for making the Themes look great Again
also dont let those Guys here on gba fail get on your nerves, so just to let you know i´m behind you 100%

also my 2 cents about the source menu shit in wiiflow, i HATE it.. think it is crap
just like Abz´s master crap pack....
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which is why there are options to use the source menu or not. You can keep using the plugin selection page for your plugins or not use plugins if that's your cup of tea. All I'm saying is don't shove your opinions down others throats like they're "better" for WiiFlow. Most of us are very pleased with where development is at and where it's headed.

Abz you know you're doing something right when u got haterz lol ;)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey folks, A lot of this bother could be dropped if wiiflow just had the sources as normal 3D boxes in a normal coverflow. It could then be themed and manipulated just as easily as the other plugins.
nibb, I have literally never seen you say or do anything constructive in all your posts on this site. if you don't like the source menu, don't use it. If you have a better idea - I'd love to hear it (really!).
mamule - wiiflow is not as clean as it was 3 years ago, you are right. But how do you think we could get all this functionality and still be beautiful?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
But how do you think we could get all this functionality and still be beautiful?
You bring up a great point, which is of course what made your thread for ;) The nice thing is though, if you don't want all that functionality there is the option to simply remove it/not use it in the wiiflow.ini, you can have WiiFlow be as simple as you want, well other than the additions of the Home Menu/File Explorer everything is customizable to your liking. There are things this loader doesn't need to do since there are standalone apps out there, and I feel that the devs and long time contributors want to keep the spirit of simplicity in the interface of WiiFlow alive as well. That's why we gotta compromise, because functionality is not only the keyword but a necessity. I want WiiFlow to stay beautiful and simple, yet functional and complex in what it can do. The hard part for the dev team is finding that balance and I for one think they've done an amazing job at it.

Hey folks, A lot of this bother could be dropped if wiiflow just had the sources as normal 3D boxes in a normal coverflow. It could then be themed and manipulated just as easily as the other plugins.
LoL there's never a moment that doesn't present itself where you bring this up as a solution eh? I agree it would be awesome and always have, let's see what the future has in store, as for now I just don't think it's possible due to memory constraints. Although if I could press B and some sort of default Icon/covers in coverflow show up that go into the plugin works, well yes it would be WiiFlowgasmic.[/quote]

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiXL-Plugin2

Source code

You can launch 5200 game cartridges now. You must have the 5200.rom file in wiixl folder. The extension have to be .a52.

FunnyMU-Plugin

Source code

The world was waiting for this one. Super console, super emulator and super port off course.:lol:
For those who don't know about it, you can read a bit of history.
Copy the "bios" FUNBOOT.ROM in the /roms/funny folder with your games in .bin or .rom.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@fledgNow that we have a folder explorer/path selector let's take this a step further and add a "Custom Path Manager" for the variables under "General" section
namely
dir_banner_cache=
dir_box_covers=
dir_cache=
dir_cheat=
dir_custom_banners=
dir_fanart=
dir_flat_covers=
dir_help=
dir_languages=
dir_list_cache=
dir_music=
dir_plugins=
dir_screenshot=
dir_settings=
dir_source=
dir_themes=
dir_trailers=
dir_txtcheat=
dir_wip=
you can add them all though the covers, banners, music and cheats are the most useful

Another thing, since we have a built in wad manager adding "mios" installation on the fly to real nand as an "OPTIONAL, DEFAULT=NO, WARNING=YES" wold be very cool for GC/QF simultaneous use
P.S. Code already made by stfour and working like a charm in PL 4.4.12+

Yay :)

Edit: Thanks Wiimpathy

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledgNow that we have a folder explorer/path selector let's take this a step further and add a "Custom Path Manager" for the variables under "General" section
namely
dir_banner_cache=
dir_box_covers=
dir_cache=
dir_cheat=
dir_custom_banners=
dir_fanart=
dir_flat_covers=
dir_help=
dir_languages=
dir_list_cache=
dir_music=
dir_plugins=
dir_screenshot=
dir_settings=
dir_source=
dir_themes=
dir_trailers=
dir_txtcheat=
dir_wip=
you can add them all though the covers, banners, music and cheats are the most useful

Another thing, since we have a built in wad manager adding "mios" installation on the fly to real nand as an "OPTIONAL, DEFAULT=NO, WARNING=YES" wold be very cool for GC/QF simultaneous use
P.S. Code already made by stfour and working like a charm in PL 4.4.12+

Yay :)

Edit: Thanks Wiimpathy
Thats a good idea Abz but there are certain people that don't seem to want me adding any more to wiiflow and I have a feeling Fix94 is getting worried about the size of wiiflow

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Managing custom paths was a top priority on Fix94's mind when he added the file explorer, ofc he's the one who decides about everything in the end.
He was also planing to add an image viewer and txt/xml reader to the file explorer
As for the wad manager it's already there, this will just be a useful option for some ppl

It's just some suggestions
Thanks anyway :)

Reactions: fledge68

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way for those of you that use the source menu and it screws up when you use 3 row high coverflow - I set my cover_buffer = 16 in wiiflow.ini and now the problem is gone. although some of the covers on the edges don't load and I only use a handful of source icons (2 pages). Also if you move a certain number of covers left, right, up, or down after a while the source menu shows up fine - for instance for me if I move 4 right or 7 left the source menu suddenly starts showing up right. I think the problem is somehow related to coverflow and the cover buffer when you use a 3 row high coverflow. I'm still looking into it trying to track down the problem.

Reactions: MassiveRican

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
WiiXL-Plugin2

Source code

You can launch 5200 game cartridges now. You must have the 5200.rom file in wiixl folder. The extension have to be .a52.

FunnyMU-Plugin

Source code

The world was waiting for this one. Super console, super emulator and super port off course.:lol:
For those who don't know about it, you can read a bit of history.
Copy the "bios" FUNBOOT.ROM in the /roms/funny folder with your games in .bin or .rom.
Thanks again
I'll test and add

that funny thing feels like a Dejavu to me lol, anyways
XAuLByw.png

hhN4VBx.jpg

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiXL-Plugin2

Source code

So does this plugin replace WiiX-Plugin1? It does both 800 & 5200 cartridges or just 5200 standalone? Many friends of mine have anticipated the full Atari set of emu's. Now I can tell 'em to go suck it lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ