Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... what got changed?
the things reported in mamules post - see his pic and I removed the empty btns so that the wiimote rumble feature won't go off. Still would like to make the next and previous btns seperate from the ones used on the main coverflow menu.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the things reported in mamules post - see his pic and I removed the empty btns so that the wiimote rumble feature won't go off. Still would like to make the next and previous btns seperate from the ones used on the main coverflow menu.

I reported this problem a while ago. I guess nobody noticed.
Just tried 927 When you go into file explorer, you can still "feel" the buttons....
Oh, I also noticed that if you added button pngs to file explorer, they appear over the text. Haven't tried it since you fixed the user positioning.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiXL-Plugin2

Source code

You can launch 5200 game cartridges now. You must have the 5200.rom file in wiixl folder. The extension have to be .a52.

FunnyMU-Plugin

The world was waiting for this one. Super console, super emulator and super port off course.:lol:
For those who don't know about it, you can read a bit of history.
Copy the "bios" FUNBOOT.ROM in the /roms/funny folder with your games in .bin or .rom.

Comin' through again! :)

Tested quite a few roms out between both plugins, and everything works great! Finally, those 5200 games that have been sitting in my setup forever finally work, and it's flippin sweetness. Thanks for your continued hard work, much appreciated.

Also, that CreativEmu site has some great box scans, so covers shouldn't take too long either. Wooot!

Edit: Got a quick beta set put together for Creativision with those box scans while i was uploading the new ScummVM set. :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fledge68 Another odd bug I just noticed, when you select a plugin and the path is not set, when you return to the plugin menu and immediately press minus/page minus on screen, wiiflow reboots. Just now figured out what was happening after it happened a few times. Using 935.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fledge68 Another odd bug I just noticed, when you select a plugin and the path is not set, when you return to the plugin menu and immediately press minus/page minus on screen, wiiflow reboots. Just now figured out what was happening after it happened a few times. Using 935.
Need to be a little more specific. do you use the source menu to select the plugin or the plugin select menu? and what path - the one in the plugin ini? sorry don't quite follow.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to be a little more specific. do you use the source menu to select the plugin or the plugin select menu? and what path - the one in the plugin ini? sorry don't quite follow.
Source menu, always. By path I mean partition. Also I was going to add that it happens with plus button too. It seems to not want to go to the last page when doing this. On top of that, it stays this way(even if you reboot and it returns to the last launched plugin/game) until you either select the right partition, or select a plugin that has a set partition. I'll make a video if I must.

EDIT: Aaaand crap keeps getting weirder and weirder. Now it's doing it for all plugins. :(

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source menu, always. By path I mean partition. Also I was going to add that it happens with plus button too. It seems to not want to go to the last page when doing this. On top of that, it stays this way(even if you reboot and it returns to the last launched plugin/game) until you either select the right partition, or select a plugin that has a set partition. I'll make a video if I must.

EDIT: Aaaand crap keeps getting weirder and weirder. Now it's doing it for all plugins. :(
EDIT2: I'm just gonna try a clean install... except for the fact that even when I've sequestered the entire contents of my sd card into a new folder except for apps/wiiflow, it doesn't want to write a fresh ini. When I change a setting that should be saved, thus creating those settings in the ini, it boot animations/code dumps, repeats. Going to try another card.

(Didn't mean to DP, was trying to edit. Dunno why it made a new post.)

EDIT3: Well, this seems to be a problem that only I have. I just copy pastied the plugins/ source menu from Abz's masterpiece, and now the problem has disappeared. So now I get to weed through and set up my source menu from scratch and figure out where I went wrong.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree it [spacepimp EDIT: SOURCEFLOW] would be awesome and always have, let's see what the future has in store, as for now I just don't think it's possible due to memory constraints. Although if I could press B and some sort of default Icon/covers in coverflow show up that go into the plugin works, well yes it would be WiiFlowgasmic.
You made a lot of really valid points that I found sensible and productive, and with which I agree, and thanks for your endorsement for a sourceflow. I just wanted to ask you specifically about this - what memory problems do you envisage? I only I ask because I'm suggesting works in the same way (pretty much) as other plugins, and their coverflows are working well... Thanks for your insight!

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick idea - is wiiflow yet able to auto switch the current nand to a quadforce nand when loading a quadforce game? is this a hardcore pita to do?
Obviously, it would mean being able to store quadforce games (and nand) on your usb drive, and use them seamlessly.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
spacepimp For your 2nd post, yes WF can change NAND paths now thank to file explorer but QF doesn't play well with xNeek2o so you'd have to use regular xSneek+DI with the NAND on the root of your USB/SD (depends if u use QF 4.0 or 4.1)

As for your 1st post I'm no expert on mem usage, AFAIK it would be taxing on mem1/2 use not sure which one. As u know WiiFlow is already limited on mem constraints so I think it would probably dump quicker if u were navigating around WiiFlow a lot with a 3D SourceFlow. Again this is just what I think; speculation on my part, but it might be one reason the devs don't want to go that route.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well I went to IRC to let Nibb and Mamule test my latest changes but they weren't there. guess it's really late over there.

so here's a test dol - http://www.mediafire.com/?d8d98cw48ocpyma

if anybody finds a problem let me know so I can fix it before commit.

tested on dolphin and on wii, at first sight, the bug is not there. good.

you talked about btnprev and btnnext separated for this page ? good idea for themer. nothing has been done in this dol, or so I was not able to see (new theme ini created, no more [FEXPLORER/***_BTN] )

Reactions: MassiveRican

nibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well I went to IRC to let Nibb and Mamule test my latest changes but they weren't there. guess it's really late over there.

so here's a test dol - http://www.mediafire.com/?d8d98cw48ocpyma

if anybody finds a problem let me know so I can fix it before commit.

well the time seems to be the biggest bug that cant be fixed and saw you was on irc today.. but you was out before i could even say Hi

sorry

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[NANDEMU/TITLE] is not center by default like other [**/TITLE] since page 2 is added.

And effect_scale_x is displayed like an effect_x (on [EXPLORER] too )

EDIT: impossible to move the entry verticaly, and in FEXPLORER entry 7 is not displayed.

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as we're making small changes...
I'd request that the game partition dialog and selector be movable in the [WAD] section?
I hope that's clear...

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a new theme update.
I think everything is squared away.
.except the wad install screen that can't be fixed, yet!

file explorer
file_explorer.png
nand selector
nand_select.png
[/ SPOILER]
damn! what are the tags for spoilers again?

Attachments

• WiICS.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp