Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I'd added a few more games to my collection (1305 Wii games now) and updated the categories/ESRB ratings for all in my categories_v4.ini.

I uploaded the file as well as a PDF listing all the games to:

http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/86616860/file.html

Please let me know if you need any help installing.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks a lot to FIX94 for everything, and know you busy with quality new wad manager features..
I wanted to ask if in future there a way to keep my devo games on USB for wiiflow but also be able to play them off SD (could wiiflow also support this and copy USB to SD, then load it with devo?)

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm bumping this question because I never received any responses from it :(
Apostrophe

you just need to use a TEXT FILE that Final Burn and MAME already use to have wiiflow recognize the Official rom names.
it can be integrated eaier than wiitdb.xml parsing.
no matter how many times i mention it though, the notion doesnt grab hold. i could add a 'request' to the offficial codepage, but it seems like fix is pretty active here and is aware of the 'fix', so i cant really be arsed. thank you all for making wiiflow lovely, yo!

Reactions: spacepimp

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Apostrophe

you just need to use a TEXT FILE that Final Burn and MAME already use to have wiiflow recognize the Official rom names.
no matter how many times i mention it though, the notion doesnt grab hold. i could add a 'request' to the offficial codepage, but it seems like fix is pretty active here and is aware of the 'fix', so i cant really be arsed. thank you all for making wiiflow lovely, yo!
Well this sounds fantastic and lovely, hopefully the devs can implement this into WiiFlow in the near future. If I understood more about it I would still make the request on official google code.

Reactions: iancer

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey y'all. Long time, no see...
Just noticed r926 writes a theme's .wav files to memory. Wav files are quite big, comparatively.

So, does this mean we could we potentially have themeable wait animations?

I was just wanting to thank the dev folks for the recent updates.
Thanks. x
Also, plus 1 for this:-
You know, a couple ways to solve problems with anyone annoyed with the source menu
1. deactivate it for anyone who just doesn't have a source_menu.ini file
2. create an option in wiiflow.ini to disable it as already mentioned
3. you could also create a single button in the options to set/unset that option to make it more easily accessible (and more obvious that there IS an option)*

* with #3, while you're at it, you could instead make a single button (to avoid clutter) in the options that opens a sub-menu screen with a lot the extra wiiflow.ini options. Now that there's a file manager it would be far easier to set custom folder paths within WiiFlow, too. (Even if, for coding simplicity, it has to restart WiiFlow in order for those settings to take effect.)
From Mr Maximillian Ternal
p.s. feeling all the fresh and funky ideas flowing, folks!

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apostrophe As for question number one, currently there is no way to change the rom name for FBA plugins, roms MUST be named according to latest rom set, and unfortunately custom_titles .ini does not work with emulator roms. So for now we're all stuck with abbreviated names for FBA titles.

Question two: check out this link, I made a vid a while back explaining the process, the same process should apply for 2 disc games.

Ah I see now, I didn't know categories_v4 could distinguish between the two discs, thanks!

Apostrophe

I looked through my retroarch folder, and didn't find a text file, does it have specific name and location?

Reactions: iancer

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Ah I see now, I didn't know categories_v4 could distinguish between the two discs, thanks!

I looked through my retroarch folder, and didn't find a text file, does it have specific name and location?
Retroarch doesn't implement that text file either, the devs mentioned a while back they had something in mind to parse proper names for the roms. I'll ask on their thread if its planned for the next release.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MassiveRican

https://github.com/dmitrysmagin/fba-sdl/blob/master/gamelist.txt#L1

This list contains all games supported by FB Alpha.
3019 games supported in total; X = excluded from build; D = included in debug build only; NW = not working

Code:
Capcom    | CPS2        |                    |
| sfz3jr1    |      | Street Fighter Zero 3 (980727 Japan)            | sfa3        | 1998    | Capcom    | CPS2        |                    |
| sfz3a        |      | Street Fighter Zero 3 (980904 Asia)            | sfa3        | 1998    | Capcom    | CPS2        |                    |
| sfz3j        |      | Street Fighter Zero 3 (980904 Japan)            | sfa3        | 1998    | Capcom    | CPS2        |                    |
| strhoop    |      | Street Hoop / Street Slam / Dunk Dream (DEM-004) (DEH-|        | 1994    | Data East Corp| Neo Geo MVS    |                    |
| streetsmj    |      | Street Smart (Japan version 1)            | streetsm    | 1989    | SNK        | Miscellaneous    |                    |
| streetsm1    |      | Street Smart (US version 1)                | streetsm    | 1989    | SNK        | Miscellaneous    |                    |
| streetsm    |      | Street Smart (US version 2)                |        | 1989    | SNK        | Miscellaneous    |                    |
| streetsmw    |      | Street Smart (World version 1)            | streetsm    | 1989    | SNK        | Miscellaneous    |                    |
| ffightjh    |      | Street Smart / Final Fight (Japan, hack)        | ffight    | 1989    | Capcom    | CPS1        |                    |
| strider    |      | Strider (US set 1)                    |        | 1989    | Capcom    | CPS1        |                    |
| striderua    |      | Strider (US set 2)                    | strider    | 1989    | Capcom    | CPS1        |                    |
| striderjr    |      | Strider Hiryu (Japan Resale Ver.)            | strider    | 1989    |

Provides category and version information
Code:
[Category]
005=Maze / Shooter Small
11beat=Unplayable
1941=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1941j=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1942=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1942a=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1942b=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1943=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1943j=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1943kai=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1944=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1944j=Shooter / Flying Vertical
1945kiii=Shooter / Flying Vertical
19xx=Shooter / Flying Vertical
19xxa=Shooter / Flying Vertical
19xxh=Shooter / Flying Vertical
19xxj=Shooter / Flying Vertical
19xxjr1=Shooter / Flying Vertical
2020bb=Sports / Baseball
2020bba=Sports / Baseball
2020bbh=Sports / Baseball

http://www.arcade-history.com/dats/history149.zip
Have access to all trivia, facts and tips for all your favorite games(similar to wiitdb.xml game synopsis)

FIX94

what more information can i provide?
what assistance can i offer?

currently i am suffused with repairing/configurng 4 different cpus; and i do not have internet access @ home.
i am not in any position to set up a development enviroment and edit/compile any code rite now.
i need someone to meet me partway, please bros.

thank you all, of course.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziggy34 or Etheboss or anyone else who might know

The wiiflow thp trailers were on wiiflow.org but bostonbc took over that domain before I downloaded them all. Is there any other way of getting them to post on wiiflowiki.com?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziggy34 or Etheboss or anyone else who might know

The wiiflow thp trailers were on wiiflow.org but bostonbc took over that domain before I downloaded them all. Is there any other way of getting them to post on wiiflowiki.com?

Looks like the old IP was 97.74.144.147. Not sure if the server is still on/active. Last I saw it was dong a pageok message but I don't know if the old content was saved anywhere.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the old IP was 97.74.144.147. Not sure if the server is still on/active. Last I saw it was dong a pageok message but I don't know if the old content was saved anywhere.
Thanks for the info but the address doesn't work anymore. I was hoping someone had them stored somewhere else.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea about the source menu. What if we just make a new icon that shows in place of the view switcher icons (usb, dml, emu, etc...) only when the source menu is enabled and then all the user does is point at that icon and press 'A' to access the source menu? And the wiiflow default icon could be a circle with an S in the middle.

So when source menu is enabled the view switcher icons don't show and the source icon does and vice versa when disabled.

Reactions: spacepimp

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, would it be possible to implement the new feature seen in postloader that knows if you're playing a quadforce or diosmios game and installs the respective wad on the fly (if necessary)? If so, would anyone be able to do this? I love this feature, but I'm not a big fan of post loader's GUI, but I love Wiiflow's GUI.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I have an idea about the source menu. What if we just make a new icon that shows in place of the view switcher icons (usb, dml, emu, etc...) only when the source menu is enabled and then all the user does is point at that icon and press 'A' to access the source menu? And the wiiflow default icon could be a circle with an S in the middle.

So when source menu is enabled the view switcher icons don't show and the source icon does and vice versa when disabled.
B only is waaaaay more practical, no need to point :)

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
personnaly, B on emu icon displaying source menu and B on channel icon switching the nand are the best.

as it said ago are close to 2 years, it is time to stop the frills.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)