Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1st thanks Wiimpathy for being a pioneer in this business :)
2nd are zip files supported here?
3rd I contacted Fix94 today and he updated Genplus gx to latest rev with ogg support
I'll add the new dols to the pack when testing is finished
:)
I don't even know about zip files. The code is a mess and it's not the best emu but at least it exists.
Good news about genplus, such a great emulator.

thanks man for the latest plugin, you're really helping to make WiiFlow the ultimate and complete emulator front-end for the Wii-- are there any plugins even left for WiiFlow to have support for all emulators the Wii can launch?
Here's a little list:

*Quasi88 (NEC PC8801) : it has a unique version of mario bros, Super Mario Bros. Special. Different levels and enemies, no scrolling, less time. It should be possible to make a plugin but there are issues with the controls.
*O2em (Odyssey2/Videopac) : one of the first console. Unfortunately, the guy behind this port didn't release the source code(!!).
*WiiXL (Atari 800//XL/XE/5200).
*Neko Project (NEC PC-98) : not so famous outside Japan but surely some good games(?).
*NeoCD-Wii (NeoGeo CD) : not worth it. One of the author of the wii port (oh fuck it's me!) never understood and fixed a video bug. No help from anyone either. But who cares ? It's not the Real neogeo anyway.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even know about zip files. The code is a mess and it's not the best emu but at least it exists.
Good news about genplus, such a great emulator.

Here's a little list:
*Quasi88 (NEC PC8801) : it has a unique version of mario bros, Super Mario Bros. Special. Different levels and enemies, no scrolling, less time. It should be possible to make a plugin but there are issues with the controls. // One of those "one game plugins", regardless it's niche and definitely rare hope it comes out :D
*O2em (Odyssey2/Videopac) : one of the first console. Unfortunately, the guy behind this port didn't release the source code(!!). // No source code.. anus!!
*WiiXL (Atari 800//XL/XE/5200). // I definitely know this is one is coming, u know I was never a big fan of Atari but I know people love it.
*Neko Project (NEC PC-98) : not so famous outside Japan but surely some good games(?). // Sounds cool, would have to scrounge up a list of worthwhile games.
*NeoCD-Wii (NeoGeo CD) : not worth it. One of the author of the wii port (oh fuck it's me!) never understood and fixed a video bug. No help from anyone either. But who cares ? It's not the Real neogeo anyway. // LMAO HAHAHA, it's all good, I think it's a possibility that we might see this on RA but i wouldn't hold my breath for anything soon :ha:
Thanks for the list and insight. Your the man, love all your emulator and plugin goodness.

MassiveRican: yep, its possible to adjust snt source_menu like orchid and carbonik... but before i have a request to fix94...
add the possibility to switch source_menu according the theme selected would be a great idea
Another request, Ayatus propose you new icones for wiimotes, no pixellised, thanks to add these for new compil ;)
Request has been fulfilled by fledge68 in r917, I've tested it and it works well. Hope you enjoy it mamule as much as I am XD

I wanted to make a request for a couple of missing plugin icons in your Orchid & Carbonik source menu packs. If you don't mind I hope you guys can add these additional icons. As always it's a request and not a demand by any means :bow:

DosBox - MS-DOS Emu
MSX - Blue MSX Wii
Music Player - MP3/OGG Plugin
NEStopia - Retro Arch NES Emu
Nx-Engine - Retro Arch Cave Story
QuickNES - RetroArch NES Emu
ResidualVM - Grim Fandango
TyrQuake - Quake & Quake Mission Packs
UAE-Amiga - Amiga Emu
Wiituka - Amstrad CPC Emu

By adding these icons to your packs you will have an icon for every plugin WiiFlow can use.
If you could make an ravbanext icon with the actual GBA console it would be neat too since I like the spirit you guys put into your source menu icons where you can see the system image more than text.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I need help
I can not boot games neo-geo and wiicolem
can you explain the settings or send me complete packages
thanks
For neogeo you need correct bios and roms: you can find them on gametronik
when done run the roms with neogeo-retroarch plugin, if you use my pack the roms should be in "fba\roms\neo" folder
As for Wiicolem it's straight forward, try the dol in my pack too

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For neogeo you need correct bios and roms: you can find them on gametronik
when done run the roms with neogeo-retroarch plugin, if you use my pack the roms should be in "fba\roms\neo" folder
As for Wiicolem it's straight forward, try the dol in my pack too

which bios should I download and where to put
I have to create a folder?
isgsm
neocdz
neogeo
pgm
thanks

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fledge, I was wondering if you could please bring back the hover images for the source menu. Before you could just point at a source and it would light up, but since you made sources multiselectable, the hover got changed to selected.

Perhaps give each button a "texture_hover=plugin.png" or something?

This would really be appreciated, since I've currently decided to update the wii menu themes. I'm gonna make the source screen feel more like the wii menu. This is just for me personally, but if anyone else would like them, I'll share. ;)

P.S. How goes that source menu memory leak problem? Idea that came to me: Do to the main settings pages what is already done to the categories and game settings pages. Sure this would only allow 1 background throughout the settings, (not that I've seen many themes with different backgrounds and button layouts per page) but I thought it may free up a little memory. Just Spitballin'.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the backup loader comparison chart there is an entry that states WiiFlow supports more than one emunand, is this true? If so, how do you go about accessing more than one? Do I need a second nands entry in my wiiflow.ini file?

Reactions: marcioap1

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
In the backup loader comparison chart there is an entry that states WiiFlow supports more than one emunand, is this true? If so, how do you go about accessing more than one? Do I need a second nands entry in my wiiflow.ini file?
No you can use one for the saves and the other for the channels
you can find the first under [games] and the second under [nand] in wiiflow.ini

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow can't switch diferentes nands like neek2o..? maybe in a config emu menu, select nand1 or nand2......depends how many nands you have en nands folder.... and select one.... is an idea...???

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiflow can't switch diferentes nands like neek2o..? maybe in a config emu menu, select nand1 or nand2......depends how many nands you have en nands folder.... and select one.... is an idea...???
You can use Maxternal's plugins as he's mentioned, WiiFlow currently does not have on the fly NAND switching support, like PL4, but even PL4 uses PriibooterGUI to have that kind of support so it might not be an easy thing to implement.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: Replaced Nestopia (too many NES emulators :))
Looking a little more into the differences between NEStopia and QuickNES, I wanted to ask that you reconsider removing NESTopia, since it's the only plugin that has Famicom Disk System support. I started using it exclusively to launch FDS games which are neat, and since you're masterpiece is aiming to hit as many consoles as possible with your source menu setup, I don't think you want to alienate being able to launch games which are emulated well ;) Let me know what you think.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I removed QuickNES also recently, what about removing FCU-Retroarch
It's getting harder now. Another option remove Wii64 and keep Not64 only or other retroarch stuff emuladed in wiimednafen or vice versa

Edit: Btw you know that you can always select plugins not shown in the source, by going to select plugin menu in settings,
but you're right, let's select the best ones and put'em in the source

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so since my adventures with making my ini's for music. I have wiiflow looking in the music folder/sub folders. the only question I have now. how can I get wiiflow to play just the selected sub folder from the ini, that is in the music folder. an not playing a different song in a different sub folder. also could random dumping be part of the leaking.( when I choose three or more sub folders in music, (she takes a crap). if needed I can get the numbers that come up it happens on a regular basis. also I have tried to move all my info to usb an wiiflow freezes or dumps.? an this is after altering the main ini to point to usb.
thanks for the help guy's/gals.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
AbdallahTerro I keep anything RA and get rid of duplicates in WiiMednafen. The only RA duplicates I don't use are the genplus-gx set cuz they're excellent as is. WiiMednafen plugins I keep are lynx, virtual boy, PCE since RA uses PCE-Fast anything else RA doesn't have a core for that WiiMednafen does.

And yes the duplicate plugins I still keep like u suggested and choose them from select plugin menu and not source menu. Frees up the source menu to have only what's really relevant to your own setup.
how can I get wiiflow to play just the selected sub folder from the ini, that is in the music folder. an not playing a different song in a different sub folder. thanks for the help guy's/gals.
Make multiple plugin ini's and change the romdir= to point directly to the subfolder and choose it in the plugin select menu. Also name the ini relevant to what your playing, like album title.ini or whatever. Also I would post a pic of your dump, u never know it might help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU