Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very cool update indeed, lovin the new text font, effects and centration on buttons and also the credits page
The source menu on the other hand is very "mysterious", gave me hard time figuring out what some buttons mean, also difficult to guess which ones are selected.
Banner frame, missing covers and more flows are the way to go although I believe you want to preserve the original spirit.

Would you mind if I fix some bugs in "Carbonik Abz" using parts of the new ini?

Thank you and keep the good work up :)
Keep in mind that this is still concidered the official carbonic, mamule has an agreement with benjay as far as i know to modify it..so at least make sure people know who has done the hard work of making/updating the original theme.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ppl,

It's time to update Carbonik...

http://tgames.fr.nf/hbwii/wiiflow-carbonik-theme-t11871.html

Many things done...

My greatest satisfaction is the support Benjay...

Any reports are welcome
Great theme, one small problem. I can't see the game titles. Even when I adjust the coverflow and check the ini and made sure the font was in the folder. Makes it kinda hard to know what some of my coverless games are.

Something I've been wondering. Which is more memory intensive: Several buttons/backgrounds drawing from a single image, or each with their own? I see some themes with copies of the same image assigned to differrent functions (main config and game settings for example), and was wondering if maybe each unnecessary little item might add up to produce memory leaks.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the neo-geo roms work only with devolution or Neek2o?
if it were not so, give me the right settings
also for wiicolem
thanks

sorry for English

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[CODE/BG]
texture=

[CODE/CODE]
color=#FFFFFFFF
elmstyle=
font=
font_line_height=0
font_size=0
font_weight=0
height=60
style=
width=600
x=20
y=30

[CODE/ERASE_BTN]
click_sound=
color=#BFDFFFD0
effect_scale_x=-2
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
elmstyle=
font=
font_line_height=0
font_size=0
font_weight=0
height=56
hover_sound=
texture_center=
texture_center_selected=
texture_left=
texture_left_selected=
texture_right=
texture_right_selected=
width=200
x=20
y=400

Trying to fix a theme, came across this bit. Can someone please explain this to me? The background doesn't appear to be needed, and I have yet to find a code erase button anywhere.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey ppl,

It's time to update Carbonik...

http://tgames.fr.nf/hbwii/wiiflow-carbonik-theme-t11871.html

Many things done...

My greatest satisfaction is the support Benjay...

Any reports are welcome

Hey !!
Finally you made it !!
You did a hell of a job, fixing all the little bugs i left in the theme ^^
I'm really happy that you got contact with me to update it, i'm really confident you will keep the spirit i tried to put in it ;)

Many thanks again for your hard work !!

[CODE/BG]
texture=

[CODE/CODE]
color=#FFFFFFFF
elmstyle=
font=
font_line_height=0
font_size=0
font_weight=0
height=60
style=
width=600
x=20
y=30

[CODE/ERASE_BTN]
click_sound=
color=#BFDFFFD0
effect_scale_x=-2
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
elmstyle=
font=
font_line_height=0
font_size=0
font_weight=0
height=56
hover_sound=
texture_center=
texture_center_selected=
texture_left=
texture_left_selected=
texture_right=
texture_right_selected=
width=200
x=20
y=400

Trying to fix a theme, came across this bit. Can someone please explain this to me? The background doesn't appear to be needed, and I have yet to find a code erase button anywhere.

The button you're looking for is the erase button, it was used to remove games from the hard drive in previous versions of Wiiflow.
Don't know if it still exists in the new Wiiflow though...

Great theme, one small problem. I can't see the game titles. Even when I adjust the coverflow and check the ini and made sure the font was in the folder. Makes it kinda hard to know what some of my coverless games are.

That's not a bug, that's a feature ^^ Carbonik was designed not to show the game titles.
One of the 2 fonts you can find in the .ini is an empty font, with blank characters.
Just replace it with whatever font you want to see the titles. (you may have to adjust the coverflow though).

Keep in mind that this is still concidered the official carbonic, mamule has an agreement with benjay as far as i know to modify it..so at least make sure people know who has done the hard work of making/updating the original theme.

Yep, Mamule has contacted me to ask me if he could update the theme.
Of course i told him yes !!
So yes, consider his version to be the "official" one, even though i always authorized people to modify my themes as they want ;-)
Just never forget to give proper credits where it's due (Me and Mamule now, because he did a hell of a job by updating it)

Banner frame, missing covers and more flows are the way to go although I believe you want to preserve the original spirit.
Missing covers, loading covers and more flows are planned to be added from what i understood ;-)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The button you're looking for is the erase button, it was used to remove games from the hard drive in previous versions of Wiiflow.
Don't know if it still exists in the new Wiiflow though...

Wait...Nevermind, I found it. It's the parental code. I thought it was referring to the cheat codes. An erase button there would be nice in case you want to update cheats or get rid of just certain ones...

Another problem I'm running into is I can't get the full banner back and play buttons to show up right when trying to give them their own textures. I'm running a clean default ini and only changed those values.

[GAME/PLAY_FULL_BTN]
click_sound=
color=#BFDFFFD0
effect_scale_x=1
effect_scale_y=0
effect_x=0
effect_y=0
elmstyle=
font=
font_line_height=0
font_size=0
font_weight=0
height=56
hover_sound=
texture_center=round_button_center.png
texture_center_selected=round_button_center.png
texture_left=round_button_left.png
texture_left_selected=round_button_left.png
texture_right=round_button_right.png
texture_right_selected=round_button_right.png
width=200
x=340
y=390

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Please please please help. I recently gave up in WiiFlow and switched to PL4 as I suddenly started having issues with my hdd being recognised. But I miss my WiiFlow so much, so I did a fresh install using Abz pack, the only thing I retained from the old setup being the boxcovers folder. For some reason though, whenever I select anything from the source menu, or try to change any settings, WiiFlow just freezes. I'm at my wits end, and really want Wiiflow back. ANy assistance greatly appreciated. Regards.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks you for your comments...apparently you like it !

drakorex: emptyfont.ttf is used in Orchid and carbonik for hide writing on the main buttons (wiiflow bug ? or not ?)
Carbonik use also this font to hide title game. So, ensure you do not delete emptyfont.ttf of the theme folder, but add a new font and modify the corresponding lines in the ini.

The erase button, is the button erase on the parental code page, not for delete game like benjay said.

Some buttons can not have a different texture, although the arguments are given in the ini. They inherit the default textures. In your case, the solution would be to set in default texture "round_button ***" and assign different texture for ALL other buttons.

Abz: Obviously you can use ini file to correct your bug. But I confess that the top would have only one carbonik.
Bannerframe is positionned differently that banner. Impossible to be sure it is positionned correctly, so no.
Add your cover/bru/emuflow its possible. Covermissing are in the way...
Je préfèrerais que l'on en parle en francais sur IRC si tu veux bien ;)

MassiveRican: yep, its possible to adjust snt source_menu like orchid and carbonik... but before i have a request to fix94...

FIX94: add the possibility to switch source_menu according the theme selected would be a great idea

Another request, Ayatus propose you new icones for wiimotes, no pixellised, thanks to add these for new compil ;)

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiApple plugin

Source code

Put your games in /wiiapple/ folder. A keyboard is mandatory for the vast majority of the games. Some games like Karateka can be launched without it, though.
Not fully tested but should be ok. No real interest about this one except Labyrinth, a pre-scummvm game by Luca$.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drakorex: emptyfont.ttf is used in Orchid and carbonik for hide writing on the main buttons (wiiflow bug ? or not ?)
Carbonik use also this font to hide title game. So, ensure you do not delete emptyfont.ttf of the theme folder, but add a new font and modify the corresponding lines in the ini.

The erase button, is the button erase on the parental code page, not for delete game like benjay said.

Some buttons can not have a different texture, although the arguments are given in the ini. They inherit the default textures. In your case, the solution would be to set in default texture "round_button ***" and assign different texture for ALL other buttons.

Abz: Obviously you can use ini file to correct your bug. But I confess that the top would have only one carbonik.
Bannerframe is positionned differently that banner. Impossible to be sure it is positionned correctly, so no.
Add your cover/bru/emuflow its possible. Covermissing are in the way...
Je préfèrerais que l'on en parle en francais sur IRC si tu veux bien ;)

MassiveRican: yep, its possible to adjust snt source_menu like orchid and carbonik... but before i have a request to fix94...

FIX94: add the possibility to switch source_menu according the theme selected would be a great idea

Another request, Ayatus propose you new icones for wiimotes, no pixellised, thanks to add these for new compil ;)
Wiiflow already has the ability to switch source_menu according to theme so you can use each source menu set to match their theme. the only catch is all the images must have the same name cause wiiflow only uses one source_menu.ini. Mastershoes and abz tried to come up with a naming convection for the source menu btns

EDIT: here's how - put the source menu btns in the corresponding theme folder and make sure they match the names in your source_menu.ini

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually had the same thought going through my head yesterday when i was adding the new carbonik source menu icons and themes. I think it would be phenomenal if WiiFlow could change the source menu automatically.

Ninja'd :ninja: fledge68 how? inside wiiflow/source_menu I have the following layout:
Code:
wiiflow/source_menu
|--carbonik
|  |--All carbonik SM icons and source_menu.ini
|--Orchid
|  |--All orchid SM icons and source_menu.ini
|--StarNight
|  |--All StarNight SM icons and source_menu.ini
|--All SM icons currently being used and source_menu.ini
What's the setup to have WiiFlow actively change both the current source_menu.ini & source menu icons that correspond with each theme, w/o manually moving files.

See since the themes have their own coverflow layout and icon names, each theme needs it's own appropriate source_menu.ini, which I have spent a lot of time setting up. So all I do is cut and paste the icons in their respective subfolder and cut and paste the icons and source_menu.ini I want back into the /wiiflow/source_menu root folder.

If this could be done automatically by WiiFlow it would be fantastic.

Reactions: Onanghy

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had the same thought going through my head yesterday when i was adding the new carbonik source menu icons and themes. I think it would be phenomenal if WiiFlow could change the source menu automatically.

Ninja'd :ninja: fledge68 how? inside wiiflow/source_menu I have the following layout:
Code:
wiiflow/source_menu
|--carbonik
|  |--All carbonik SM icons and source_menu.ini
|--Orchid
|  |--All orchid SM icons and source_menu.ini
|--All SM icons currently being used and source_menu.ini
What's the setup to have WiiFlow actively change both the current source_menu.ini & source menu icons that correspond with each theme, w/o manually moving files.
Read my EDIT to the post above for how to

EDIT: here's how - put the source menu btns in the corresponding theme folder and make sure they match the names in your source_menu.ini

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Read my EDIT to the post above for how to

Ok thanks now I know. There's only one slight problem with a proposed solution. Since the creators of the source menu icons, (mastershoes, Abz, mamule, Ayatus) have different naming conventions for the source menu icons, and since the coverflows are different per theme, would it be possible to just put a source_menu.ini inside the themes folder as well that would overwrite the current source_menu.ini?

It's not as easy as just having a standard naming convention across all Source menu icons because regardless coverflow= emuflow= in each file would be different. Orchid has 8 coverflows, Starnight has 6, Carbonik Abz has 12, and I have many more source menu's all from Mastershoes, probably around 12 or so with matching themes like Carbonik Red, Dark Umbra, and so on.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks so now I know. There's only one slight problem. Since the creators of the source menu icons, (mastershoes, Abz, mamule, Ayatus) have different naming conventions for the source menu icons, and since the coverflows are different per theme, would it be possible to just put a source_menu.ini inside the themes folder as well that would overwrite the current source_menu.ini.

It's not as easy as just having a standard naming convention across all Source menu icons because regardless coverflow= in each file would be different. Orchid has 8 coverflows, Starnight has 6, Carbonik Abz has 12, and I have many more source menu's all from Mastershoes, probably around 12 or so.
well if you feel like writing a source menu ini for every theme that's fine. I understand that emuflow= doesn't work cause each theme maker has their own emuflows numbers.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
fledge68 oops yea I meant emuflow= is different per theme. I already have a source_menu.ini for every theme that I have, are you saying that WiiFlow already has support to overwrite the current source_menu.ini right now? Or it's something that can be added in a future rev? ;)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
WiiApple plugin

Source code

Put your games in /wiiapple/ folder. A keyboard is mandatory for the vast majority of the games. Some games like Karateka can be launched without it, though.
Not fully tested but should be ok. No real interest about this one except Labyrinth, a pre-scummvm game by Luca$.
1st thanks Wiimpathy for being a pioneer in this business :)
2nd are zip files supported here?
3rd I contacted Fix94 today and he updated Genplus gx to latest rev with ogg support
I'll add the new dols to the pack when testing is finished
:)

Reactions: MassiveRican

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fledge68 oops yea I meant emuflow= is different per theme. I already have a source_menu.ini for every theme that I have, are you saying that WiiFlow already has support to overwrite the current source_menu.ini right now? Or it's something that can be added in a future rev? ;)
I can add it - make wiiflow check the theme folder for source_menu.ini first and if not there then the source_menu folder

but you know if you don't rename the source menu btns in the theme folder then you have to rename them for each [BUTTON_#] in each source_menu.ini and if you need to add a src btn later you will have to do it for every source menu ini. seems easier just to rename the images in the theme folder.

Reactions: Onanghy

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I can add it - make wiiflow check the theme folder for source_menu.ini first and if not there then the source_menu folder

but you know if you don't rename the source menu btns in the theme folder then you have to rename them for each [BUTTON_#] in each source_menu.ini and if you need to add a src btn later you will have to do it for every source menu ini. seems easier just to rename the images in the theme folder.
Possibly, but I've already setup all the source_menu.ini's and their corresponding [BUTTON_#] to match icon names. Besides renaming icons over and over for the different source menu themes isn't that much fun either, some of them have over 230 icons that you would have to rename lol. It would be nice to have a proposed naming standard for source_menu icons but I'm not complaining, everyone working on themes and Source_Menu's are doing the bulk of the work a little bit of renaming is no big deal.

Wiimpathy thanks man for the latest plugin, you're really helping to make WiiFlow the ultimate and complete emulator front-end for the Wii-- are there any plugins even left for WiiFlow to have support for all emulators the Wii can launch?

woot woot, latest genplusgx plugin support that's what the f@!k I'm talking about!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, same here