Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Etheboss,

Same one. Doing OK, still kicking and screaming.

The two domain names I have been paying for (wiiflow.org and wiiflowiki.com) are do for renewal next month. Just trying to get a hold Miigotu to see if he wanted me to renew them. If I don't here from him, I am going to let them expire.

If you do let them expire let me know and I can pick them up. I got wiiflow.info a couple years ago but ran into a bunch of roadblocks getting a wiki setup on it. I have some more time now and could work on it again. Would be nice to have it on the main domains instead of the info.

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post!! I'm hoping I have put my question in the correct thread, sorry if I havn't. So i've downloaded the latest wiiflow v4.1.3 final r914 the mod pack masterpiece edition. I'm pretty new to wiiflow as I did prefer usb loader gx but since discovering wiiflow plays roms I've jumped ship!! My problem is I cant get the snes box covers to load, the roms load fine, I've searched and searched the net all week, browsed through the whole of the covers thread on here, followed all the suggested steps on there but for some reason its not working. Image file as the .png added to the end and the name matches the rom name and the boxcovers are in sd/wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx. I've not tried any other roms yet to see if its a universal problem or not. Any help would be appreciated as this issue is driving me mad!!
Many thanks.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post!! I'm hoping I have put my question in the correct thread, sorry if I havn't. So i've downloaded the latest wiiflow v4.1.3 final r914 the mod pack masterpiece edition. I'm pretty new to wiiflow as I did prefer usb loader gx but since discovering wiiflow plays roms I've jumped ship!! My problem is I cant get the snes box covers to load, the roms load fine, I've searched and searched the net all week, browsed through the whole of the covers thread on here, followed all the suggested steps on there but for some reason its not working. Image file as the .png added to the end and the name matches the rom name and the boxcovers are in sd/wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx. I've not tried any other roms yet to see if its a universal problem or not. Any help would be appreciated as this issue is driving me mad!!
Many thanks.
have you tried going to your snes games and then the home menu and selecting reload cache. anytime you manually add rom covers or rename them you will need to reload the cache to recreate the list

Reactions: welovewii

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you touch base with fledge68 and have him contact me at 34ziggy @ gmail . com about the domains. If he wants to use them, I will pay the renewal for one more year and then transfer them to who ever wants to be in charge of them.

I need to turn my Wii back on and do updates. Been almost 2 years since I've turned it on. Where is the best instructions on current wiiflow and Wii mods needed. I do most of my game playing on my Nexus 10 android tablet.

If you do let them expire let me know and I can pick them up. I got wiiflow.info a couple years ago but ran into a bunch of roadblocks getting a wiki setup on it. I have some more time now and could work on it again. Would be nice to have it on the main domains instead of the info.
Ziggy34: lol, you got a lot to catch up...if you want help (or just talk :P) come to IRC...there are still some ppl lurking there you know too..

About the site: i hope you 3 can work something out here...best thing would be to deside on only on wiiflow site...
BostonBC, if you are going to do something with this, i hope you can coördinate it with fledge68, or at least let him into the loop.
I know fledge was also looking at it, because i had a PM conversation with him about it, i am sure he reads this too..

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried going to your snes games and then the home menu and selecting reload cache. anytime you manually add rom covers or rename them you will need to reload the cache to recreate the list
Thank you Fledge68 for taking the time to reply. Yes I have tried that already thanks, I also tried the download covers and cancel trick that has been suggested. I was looking through my sdcard and my ini files no longer have "ini" in the file name, even when I deleted the whole folder and replaced it the "ini" was still missing. The contents of the ini file is there and still reads the same, would that be a problem?
The covers I'm using are Mastershoes set and it's the highlighted suitable for wiiflow, I'm assuming they are ready to go as they are? Do I need to resize them? I have tried various sizes but it does not make a difference they wont show up.
Thanks for the links I will continue to research and read, hopefully I can sort it out but if you have any more ideas please let me know.
Thanks again

Just a thought my Roms are titled (U) and the covers are (USA) even though I have changed the names of both to remove the country, will that cause conflict in anyway?

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Fledge68 for taking the time to reply. Yes I have tried that already thanks, I also tried the download covers and cancel trick that has been suggested. I was looking through my sdcard and my ini files no longer have "ini" in the file name, even when I deleted the whole folder and replaced it the "ini" was still missing. The contents of the ini file is there and still reads the same, would that be a problem?
The covers I'm using are Mastershoes set and it's the highlighted suitable for wiiflow, I'm assuming they are ready to go as they are? Do I need to resize them? I have tried various sizes but it does not make a difference they wont show up.
Thanks for the links I will continue to research and read, hopefully I can sort it out but if you have any more ideas please let me know.
Thanks again

Just a thought my Roms are titled (U) and the covers are (USA) even though I have changed the names of both to remove the country, will that cause conflict in anyway?

no that is fine just make sure they are the same name and you add the file extension to the cover

example:
rom name: super mario bros 3 (USA).zip
matching cover name: super mario bros 3 (USA).zip.png

then make sure your plugin ini are looking in the right place for covers i have my nes covers in the nintendo folder path is x:\WiiFlow\boxcovers\Nintendo
[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=Nintendo
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod11.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=Nintendo (FCEUltraGX)
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no that is fine just make sure they are the same name and you add the file extension to the cover

example:
rom name: super mario bros 3 (USA).zip
matching cover name: super mario bros 3 (USA).zip.png

then make sure your plugin ini are looking in the right place for covers i have my nes covers in the nintendo folder path is x:\WiiFlow\boxcovers\Nintendo
[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=Nintendo
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod11.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=Nintendo (FCEUltraGX)
consoleCoverID=nintendo
Thankyou. I've got the renaming correct, my plugin matches yours except my folder path is wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx as I'm struggling with snes covers. I see yours nes folder is nintendo, I will try a nes rom and change my plugin to match yours and see if it works, its worth a shot.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankyou. I've got the renaming correct, my plugin matches yours except my folder path is wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx as I'm struggling with snes covers. I see yours nes folder is nintendo, I will try a nes rom and change my plugin to match yours and see if it works, its worth a shot.
It doesnt matter what the box arts folders name is just make sure the that the plugins ini in question is looking at that folder i just have mine set up that way so its easier for me to remember whats what :)

If your using abz's pack and fceugx as your plugin then the default boxart folder for it would be fceugx

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesnt matter what the box arts folders name is just make sure the that the plugins ini in question is looking at that folder i just have mine set up that way so its easier for me to remember whats what :)

If your using abz's pack and fceugx as your plugin then the default boxart folder for it would be fceugx
Thanks again for your time but still no joy. neither the nes or snes is working for me, I can play the roms fine, the paths are set up correctly, I'm using the above pack, I've also tried the ones linked to me by Fledge68, I've used several sd cards formated FAT32 32klusters including a sandisk 2mb. I'm stumped, this is really frustrating!!
Just remind me what IOS this needs to work, my system is fully hacked but I decided to stick to the 4.1 menu but my IOS's are up to date. Maybe I have the wrong base or something?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for your time but still no joy. neither the nes or snes is working for me, I can play the roms fine, the paths are set up correctly, I'm using the above pack, I've also tried the ones linked to me by Fledge68, I've used several sd cards formated FAT32 32klusters including a sandisk 2mb. I'm stumped, this is really frustrating!!
Just remind me what IOS this needs to work, my system is fully hacked but I decided to stick to the 4.1 menu but my IOS's are up to date. Maybe I have the wrong base or something?
It shouldn't be about IOS or cIOS. It's just a matter of making sure you covers are renamed correctly and put in the right folder and then when that's done run wiiflow and reload cache.

can you copy and paste in a reply to this:
  1. the name of one snes ROM
  2. the name of the cover
  3. the path of the folder you put the cover in
  4. the plugin ini for snes that you are using

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ziggy34: lol, you got a lot to catch up...if you want help (or just talk :P) come to IRC...there are still some ppl lurking there you know too..

About the site: i hope you 3 can work something out here...best thing would be to deside on only on wiiflow site...
BostonBC, if you are going to do something with this, i hope you can coördinate it with fledge68, or at least let him into the loop.
I know fledge was also looking at it, because i had a PM conversation with him about it, i am sure he reads this too..

Yes, I just replied to fledge's PM. I'm sure we can work out something that keeps the people who want to be anonymous that way.

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It shouldn't be about IOS or cIOS. It's just a matter of making sure you covers are renamed correctly and put in the right folder and then when that's done run wiiflow and reload cache.

1. the name of one snes ROM
  2. the name of the cover
  3. the path of the folder you put the cover in
Here is the info you are after:
  1. the name of one snes ROM Super Mario World (U).[!].zip which I renamed to Super Mario World.zip
  2. the name of the cover Super Mario World.zip.png
  3. the path of the folder you put the cover in sd/wiiflow/boxcovers/snes9xgx
    [PLUGIN]
    magic=534e4553
    coverColor=01a300
    coverFolder=snes9xgx
    fileTypes=.smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.zip|.7z
    romDir=snes9xgx/roms
    dolFile=snes9xgx-mod11.dol
    bannerSound=SNES.ogg
    displayname=SNES9xGX
    consoleCoverID=nintendo
    Again Fledge68 thanks for your time I appreciate it.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. the name of one snes ROM Super Mario World (U).[!].zip which I renamed to Super Mario World.zip
    [PLUGIN]
    magic=534e4553
    coverColor=01a300
    coverFolder=snes9xgx
    romDir=snes9xgx/roms
    bannerSound=SNES.ogg
    displayname=SNES9xGX
    consoleCoverID=nintendo

That all looks correct to me did u make sure to clear your cache again
if anything try a clean install of wiiflow delete the wiiflow ini in the apps folder then delete the cache folder and gameconfig1/gameconfig2 in setting folder and try again
fledge or somebody else might have a better idea but thats really all i can think of trying :unsure:

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
    [PLUGIN]
    magic=534e4553
    coverColor=01a300
    coverFolder=snes9xgx
    romDir=snes9xgx/roms
    bannerSound=SNES.ogg
    displayname=SNES9xGX
    consoleCoverID=nintendo
next questions - are your covers on sd and your roms on usb or are they all on sd?
and look in your wiiflow.ini in your apps folder and look under the [GENERAL] section for something like this

data_on_usb=yes
dir_banner_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache/banners
dir_box_covers=usb1:/covers/full
dir_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache
dir_cheat=usb1:/wiiflow/codes/gct
dir_custom_banners=usb1:/wiiflow/custom_banners
dir_fanart=usb1:/wiiflow/fanart
dir_flat_covers=usb1:/covers/2d
dir_help=usb1:/wiiflow/help

if dir_box_covers say usb1 or usb2 and your snes covers are on sd then i don't think it's going to work. may be you can copy and paste this section of wiiflow.ini as well.

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
next questions - are your covers on sd and your roms on usb or are they all on sd?
and look in your wiiflow.ini in your apps folder and look under the [GENERAL] section for something like this

data_on_usb=yes
dir_banner_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache/banners
dir_box_covers=usb1:/covers/full
dir_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache
dir_cheat=usb1:/wiiflow/codes/gct
dir_custom_banners=usb1:/wiiflow/custom_banners
dir_fanart=usb1:/wiiflow/fanart
dir_flat_covers=usb1:/covers/2d
dir_help=usb1:/wiiflow/help

if dir_box_covers say usb1 or usb2 and your snes covers are on sd then i don't think it's going to work. may be you can copy and paste this section of wiiflow.ini as well.

Thanks again to you both for your time.
First of thank you Dump for your suggestions but sadly it didn't work.
Fledge68 here is the info you requested, I can see a couple of slight differences to your example. As for my roms and covers they are both on a sd card ( I can put them on my hard drive if need be, it would mean juggling a few things but that's no problem ) I'm guessing that's why my example is slightly different to yours? Also this info was found in my configuration settings and not the wiiflow ini, does that matter? What is the best way forward for me?
data_on_usb=no
dir_banner_cache=sd:/wiiflow/cache/banners
dir_box_covers=sd:/wiiflow/boxcovers
dir_cache=sd:/wiiflow/cache
dir_cheat=sd:/wiiflow/codes/gct
dir_custom_banners=sd:/wiiflow/custom_banners
dir_fanart=sd:/wiiflow/fanart
dir_flat_covers=sd:/wiiflow/covers
dir_help=sd:/wiiflow/help
Many thanks.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hey ppl,

It's time to update Carbonik...

http://tgames.fr.nf/hbwii/wiiflow-carbonik-theme-t11871.html

Many things done...

My greatest satisfaction is the support Benjay...

Any reports are welcome
Very cool update indeed, lovin the new text font, effects and centration on buttons and also the credits page
The source menu on the other hand is very "mysterious", gave me hard time figuring out what some buttons mean, also difficult to guess which ones are selected.
Banner frame, missing covers and more flows are the way to go although I believe you want to preserve the original spirit.

Would you mind if I fix some bugs in "Carbonik Abz" using parts of the new ini?

Thank you and keep the good work up :)

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey ppl,

It's time to update Carbonik...

http://tgames.fr.nf/hbwii/wiiflow-carbonik-theme-t11871.html

Many things done...

My greatest satisfaction is the support Benjay...

Any reports are welcome
A definitive must update the Theme is beautiful, spread with many subtle but very nice effects, thanks very much for updating what I know is many users favorite theme.

I do have a request that I hope u guys can fulfill. I see that both Orchid and Carbonik have had a major update to the source menu buttons with a total of 236 each, however Starnight only has 52 source menu icons, I was hoping you guys can update the source menu of Starnight as well to include all 236 icons that you now have standard for your themes? Starnight is still my favorite theme and whenever I change themes I always use the source menu to match, thanks guys :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is pronounsplus launching later this year
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Larsenv, you seem to have at least 10 yrs here
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Only for $12.99, you get additional blue hair and unlimited pronouns.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and unlock all premium flags!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What if I want to brag about how I can't get laid
  • Larsenv @ Larsenv:
    yes I joined when I was 11
  • Larsenv @ Larsenv:
    lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Larsenv, you faked your age?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cancel your subscription
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta call 1800genxyzwoke if I want to cancel anything
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why's everyone on a creatine craze I keep randomly hearing about it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    hello! Has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files played in CFW/Emulator to OFW successfully?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You will get banned.
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa Did it happen to you or someone you know? Which is the dangerous part in this procedure?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @ATEMVEGETA no, i just traded my pokemon over by trading it to a friend locally on cfw and trading it back on ofw
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @The Real Jdbye, You traded just a Pokemon or transfered the save data?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta transfer them all!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @ATEMVEGETA i traded all the pokemon
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the Switch forums I've seen people claim they were banned for using saves from emulator, on Ofw. But I don't play that ****
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sold all my Pokémon to Arabic princes
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Interesting! Can you show me some of those posts plz?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you go find them, or search.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No you go find them, or search.