Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A USB keybord did the trick
Thanks again
I guess you didn't manage to launch the game. If you see this message : How many files(0-15)?, it means your game's rom is bad.
You can check if the game is inserted by opening the emulator's menu (pointing wiimote on screen and press +). Go to "DISK" tab (don't copy kanji1.rom, kanji2.rom for English menu!), if below DRIVE [1;] there's only "< EMPTY >" written, it's a wrong game rom.
You won't need a keyboard if the game is in a good format.

Some games require another Basic Mode too. For instance Punch Ball Mario Bros. only starts on N88 V1S. I should have made it the default one in quasi88.cfg but now it's too late. This option is in the RESET tab.

So, in short, find another game!

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking a little more into the differences between NEStopia and QuickNES, I wanted to ask that you reconsider removing NESTopia, since it's the only plugin that has Famicom Disk System support. I started using it exclusively to launch FDS games which are neat, and since you're masterpiece is aiming to hit as many consoles as possible with your source menu setup, I don't think you want to alienate being able to launch games which are emulated well ;) Let me know what you think.
Is it just me or doesn't FCEUGX play FDS roms like a breeze? I haven't found any reason to have any other NES emulator but that....correct me please

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or doesn't FCEUGX play FDS roms like a breeze? I haven't found any reason to have any other NES emulator but that....correct me please
NEStopia and for that matter FCEU-mm are much more accurate emulators. FCEU-GX is not my new emu of choice because its plagued with frameskipping, audio bugs and palette issues amongst other things.

Reactions: Tij

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEStopia and for that matter FCEU-mm are much more accurate emulators. FCEU-GX is not my new emu of choice because its plagued with frameskipping, audio bugs and palette issues amongst other things.
cool, never even gave them a try as everything loads up in FCEUGX...ill d/l nestopia and give it a go. thanks

You wouldn't happen to have a link to most recent releases of both these would ya?

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid fucking Opera Mini and iPhone are pissing me off holy crap by bad please delete this case of triple posting BS. Thanks.
Tij it's part of RetroArch, there's a thread in emulation and homebrew, get it you won't regret it. Not as fancy a GUI, but the name of the game is functionality and full speed emulation.
Thanks got it to try... did a little searching, anyone have a forewarder for this?

edit- n/m found it, it would have helped if I spelled forwarder correctly!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange issue with the latest carbonik theme and I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem

when using that theme - when I try to launch a wii game I see the wait message animation and then it disappears and I never see the loading bar and eventually wiiflow stops and restarts. this only happens when using that theme and I try many games. I did an sd log but the only difference is the amount of mem1 and mem2 free which strangely the one that crashed gives a higher amount of free mem1 and mem2

the crash on carbonik
Launching game RMCE01
SHND: Stopping sound thread
SHND: Stopped sound thread
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 9,474,032
MEM2_freesize(): 42,189,056
Game ID# RMCE01 requested IOS 36. User selected 0
Changed requested IOS to 249.
Return to channel DWFA using d2x succeeded.

the good on orchid
Launching game RMCE01
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 9,314,288
MEM2_freesize(): 42,122,240

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Now that you mention it, on my playthrough of the original Metroid I was quite a ways along before accidentally doing some button combination that involved the GC C-stick and all of the sudden a couple of enemies started spitting fire like they were supposed to so the game was probably considerably easier for me before that because of that emulation glitch.

Speaking of glitches, anyone know which SNES emulators play Mario Kart with correct collision detection so that I don't end up passing through walls? SNES9x GX definitely doesn't work for me there.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
How do I do that? Where can I find this Mighty plugin?
as mentioned
http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/

A little explanation for setup, since there's no original ROM files for NAND games, it needs to see a file that just starts with the 4-digit GameID for each game you want to show up. (0 byte files are fine)
In the download I've included a little java app to automatically make one for every NAND game that WiiFlow has ever seen on your Wii. If you've already had WiiFlow browse through all the emuNAND's you want to add games from you could always use the app and then just delete the ones you don't have anymore and/or separate them out into different folders corresponding to the different emuNAND's and have a different plugin INI pointing to each one ... OR you could make the files manually, your choice. The emuNAND path is part of the arguments= line in the INI file. You'll have to set each one to the path of the emuNAND it's supposed to point to.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 Is there still no way to set Dios-Mios as your default GC loader if you have devo's Loader.bin in dev://wiiflow? I have over 100 1:1 copies of GC games and I only use Devo for a handful of Audio Streaming games that I own, and went and re-bought lol.

Anyway most of my collection I like to compress/trim with DMT and use DM, changing the loader in the game settings for each and every game is annoying. Just thought it would be good to have a global option. If there is one, and I somehow skipped an option let me know ;)

Reactions: drakorex

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as mentioned
http://gbatemp.net/threads/maxternals-wiiflow-plugins-and-java-apps.344802/

A little explanation for setup, since there's no original ROM files for NAND games, it needs to see a file that just starts with the 4-digit GameID for each game you want to show up. (0 byte files are fine)
In the download I've included a little java app to automatically make one for every NAND game that WiiFlow has ever seen on your Wii. If you've already had WiiFlow browse through all the emuNAND's you want to add games from you could always use the app and then just delete the ones you don't have anymore and/or separate them out into different folders corresponding to the different emuNAND's and have a different plugin INI pointing to each one ... OR you could make the files manually, your choice. The emuNAND path is part of the arguments= line in the INI file. You'll have to set each one to the path of the emuNAND it's supposed to point to.
For romdir set it to usb:/nands/pln2o...is that correct?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still no way to set Dios-Mios as your default GC loader if you have devo's Loader.bin in dev://wiiflow? I have over 100 1:1 copies of GC games and I only use Devo for a handful of Audio Streaming games that I own, and went and re-bought lol.

Anyway most of my collection I like to compress/trim with DMT and use DM, changing the loader in the game settings for each and every game is annoying. Just thought it would be good to have a global option. If there is one, and I somehow skipped an option let me know ;)
THANK YOU!!!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
THANK YOU!!!
:blink: I take it you had mentioned this before, but I haven't solved anything so no need to thank me lol. If fledge68 or fix94 decide to commit a change then we can graciously thank them.

I have a strange issue with the latest carbonik theme and I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem

when using that theme - when I try to launch a wii game I see the wait message animation and then it disappears and I never see the loading bar and eventually wiiflow stops and restarts. this only happens when using that theme and I try many games. I did an sd log but the only difference is the amount of mem1 and mem2 free which strangely the one that crashed gives a higher amount of free mem1 and mem2
the crash on carbonik
Launching game RMCE01
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 9,474,032
MEM2_freesize(): 42,189,056

the good on orchid
Launching game RMCE01
Cleanup Coverflow
MEM1_freesize(): 9,314,288
MEM2_freesize(): 42,122,240
I'll test this out later today or as soon as I get a chance, I actually don't remember launching a game with this theme.

Maxternal I have 2 more e-NAND's I'd like to access through WiiFlow. Sometime tomorrow night I should have some more time to test your plugins. Have you had a chance to try them out? If all works as intended, this is a fantastic workaround if on-the-fly NAND switching isn't feasible. Also which plugin would you recommend works best, neek2o plugin or mighty channels plugin? Finally what are the major differences?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:blink: I take it you had mentioned this before, but I haven't solved anything so no need to thank me lol. If fledge68 or fix94 decide to commit a change then we can graciously thank them.

I mentioned it to Fix94 as soon as devo was added, but he insisted that if I wanted dm set as default, all I had to do was remove devo loader.bin. It's just nice to know that I'm not alone on this. Maybe now that it's been echoed by someone more -popular-(?) he might reconsider :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @SylverReZ Once I throw on this, once I throw on this, It's over boy +1