Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I deleted the old xml, downloaded a fresh one, went straight to Project Zero 2 and the info came up correct. I checked PoP info and rechecked Project Zero 2, it now shows the info of PoP again. I checked Punchout!! info then went back to Project Zero 2. now it shows Punchout!! info.
If that's the case then it seems you have most definitely found a bug, nice catch I'll confirm in a few if it happens to me as well. I wonder if it happens to any game u go into and back out of and not just Project Zero 2? I might have changed the title of that game to Fatal Frame I'll have to check.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I'm setting up some of the new plugins and I'm seeing that the bluemsx-wii.ini and vecxwii.ini have nothing in the arguments line, is it supposed to be that way?. I have it nicely setup too for Vectrex with the scaled overlays for the roms and everything.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi guys I'm setting up some of the new plugins and I'm seeing that the bluemsx-wii.ini and vecxwii.ini have nothing in the arguments line, is it supposed to be that way?. I have it nicely setup too for Vectrex with the scaled overlays for the roms and everything.
there SHOULD be arguments there, actually. You can get a fresh copy of the vectrex one on my plugin thread but abz should have both of them.

Reactions: MassiveRican

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I think you still have some really old files there :)
Here are the new ones

bluemsx-wii.ini
[PLUGIN]
magic=424D5358
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=bluemsx-wii
fileTypes=.zip
romDir=MSX/Games
dolFile=bluemsx-wii.dol
bannerSound=bluemsx-wii.ogg
displayname=MSX
consoleCoverID=msx
arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}
Vecxwii.ini
[PLUGIN]
arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}
bannersound=vecxwii.ogg
consolecoverid=nintendo
covercolor=ffffff
coverfolder=vec
displayname=Vectrex
dolfile=vecxwii.dol
filetypes=.vec
magic=56454358
returnloader=yes
romdir=vec

Reactions: MassiveRican

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont think i've reported this issue before...but here it goes.

i'm not sure which rev this started happening, but every time i load a wii game, it pauses on the loading bar, its filled about 20% of the way and my hdd light is flashing like crazy. stays that way for about 5-6 minutes, then loads fine. .

I am having the same problem, I think (never waited 6 minutes). It used to work fine before I tried to get DIOSMIOS working (which I finally got working). Because of that I update my entire system with d2x v8 final (DIOSMIOS doesn't work with v10).

Current setup is:
- cIOS base 37, cIOS slot 245
- cIOS base 38, cIOS slot 246
- cIOS base 53, cIOS slot 247
- cIOS base 55, cIOS slot 248
- cIOS base 56, cIOS slot 249
- cIOS base 57, cIOS slot 250
- cIOS base 58, cIOS slot 251
DIOS MIOS 2.9 real NAND with DMToolbox
WiiFlow v4.1.2

Can start WiiFlow just fine, it recognize the games but when I try to start it it loads to 20% and stop. Will see if waiting 6 minutes solves the problem tonight.

But removing all cIOS base slot except 246 (need it for WiiFlow Channel loader) 249 and 250 should solve the problem? Or is it also possible to set the cIOS base and slot in WiiFlow?

Also when I removed all installed cIOS base and slots this morning I couldn't really remove the cIOS slot 249. After removing it with d2x it still said 'Free slot > d2x v6 base 37 rev21006 (and 2xx kept blinking ion the screen). I might have had base 37 in slot 249 before, when I installed WiiFlow ages ago (and being a noob at it back then)

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Question: How hard would it be to have game information also for emulator games?
Or even better, to implement game info inside each plugin? Something like the Virtual Console game manuals, you press home and have a 'Game Manual' button, aside the 'Wii Menu' and 'Restart' buttons.
I know that the second idea would require a lot of work and maybe even the cooperation from the original emulator coders, but that would be totally awesome!
I would gladly put some work into game manuals, expecially for DOS games:)

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dios-Mios doesn't need any cIOS.. it uses a custom MIOS (sort of), so whether you have D2X v8 or v10 has no effect on it directly. Something else is/was giving you a problem with DM but it certainly is not cIOS.
I know that now :), anyway i did a complete reinstall of my Wii but it still wont load the Wii games. The games work fine with USB Loader GX so it is not an iso problem. I have no wads installed now and running it through the homebrew channel (for both loaders). If anyone knows why it aind workng anymore please let me know, i realy like wiiflow but if that wont work anymore then usb gx loader will have to do

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: How hard would it be to have game information also for emulator games?
Or even better, to implement game info inside each plugin? Something like the Virtual Console game manuals, you press home and have a 'Game Manual' button, aside the 'Wii Menu' and 'Restart' buttons.
I know that the second idea would require a lot of work and maybe even the cooperation from the original emulator coders, but that would be totally awesome!
I would gladly put some work into game manuals, expecially for DOS games:)
You would have to define a unique identifier for each game (CRC for the game image would probably do), then create a database with the information. Then get the devs to add it. Ton of work considering there are thousands and thousands of old emu games. I have about 7K and I know there are a lot more.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to define a unique identifier for each game (CRC for the game image would probably do), then create a database with the information. Then get the devs to add it. Ton of work considering there are thousands and thousands of old emu games. I have about 7K and I know there are a lot more.
do not forget the the databases already exist, Boston.
they are the same files that CLMamepro/Romcenter use. Renaming/Identifying batches of roms by a unique standard is nothing new to the world of emulation. 'Then get the devs to add it.' would be the only, last, and currently required step.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@abz with DOSbox plugin IIRC I read somewhere that either the games or the dol has to be on SD. Does that still apply? I have everything on USB and I'm wondering if I'll have to move my WiiFlow folders and plugins to SD card for this plugin to be compatible.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it's possible to use 2 HDDs at the same time? I want to use one strictly for movies, and the other for everything else.

Also I'm trying to convert some themes and I can't find the apploader button in wiiware game settings. Loading the default theme code dumps on me, so I'm unable to save a default ini to search it. Anyone know how to move it?

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I tried several version but I always get a code dump (exception) with the wiiflow 4.1 branch.
I tried 4.1, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and it doesn't matter what to do it's always crashing (DSI exception) after starting.
The Boot Logo is appearing for some seconds but afterwards it's crashing. However after a restart it's working.

Is anybody having the same issue?
Meanwhile I switched back to 4.0.5

Reactions: DarthTony

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried several version but I always get a code dump (exception) with the wiiflow 4.1 branch.
I tried 4.1, 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 and it doesn't matter what to do it's always crashing (DSI exception) after starting.
The Boot Logo is appearing for some seconds but afterwards it's crashing. However after a restart it's working.

Delete your wiiflow.ini.... :)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

Post a Log if at all possible after you delete your wiiflow.ini. You can back up your settings folder and delete it as well, just to make sure that's not causing the problem. When WiiFlow starts up for you normally put your original settings folder back in place, if you get the DSI crash well you know something in there is the culprit.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
May-14-2013-09h47m49s_zps8bc9bb29.png

WHY?
Ok this is weird as hell, I can confirm that it happens, on top of that it seems to only happen with this game :wtf:

I don't understand why but if I scroll to any game look at the info, back out or go left and right to look at the info of another game, then return to the original game, the info is correct. However with Project Zero 2 once you look at the info then go look at the info of any other game, when you go back to Project Zero 2, it always shows the info of the previous game you looked at.. but again why just this one game?? It's driving me nuts XD

I'm trying to see if there's another game this happens with. Can anyone else confirm this as well? I'm starting to think this game really is haunted :unsure:.. I"M FREAKING OUT MAN!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4