Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Both disks would have the same GameID so they would share the same category setting so you would hide both if you tried to hide one.
Lol, we'll that sux I certainly didn't think that one through. In that case we definitely need a DM update for 2 disc support in the coverflow :)

I only use devo for like 2 games right now, I'm an avid DM user ;)

Chaos Zero 64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running Metroid: Other M in vWii with no problems, until I get to this part. Once Samus starts talking, the sound is disabled. And after Adam tells me to return to the investigation, I get the Now Loading screen and it hangs there.

As usual, I used the latest d2x cIOS Installer, 2.2 I think, which doesn't require bluedump. Do I need to update an IOS? I really don't have much idea how this works. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I used the Gecko Debugger in case it would help. I downloaded devkitPPC, but I have no idea how to use it.

Code:
Welcome to the WiiFlow Channel Installer!
This is the debug output.
patched isfs_permissions 1 times.
patched es_setuid 1 times.
patched es_identify 1 times.
patched hash_check 0 times.
patched new_hash_check 1 times.
patched vwii_patch_ptr1 2 times.
patched vwii_patch_ptr2 2 times.
patched vwii_patch_ptr3 1 times.
Init ISFS
SHND: Running sound thread
WiiFlow is in real nand mode
got cert
content ok
tik added
begin install title
begin add content 0
end add content
begin add content 1
end add content
begin add content 2
end add content
Channel installed!
got cert
content ok
tik added
begin install title
begin add content 0
end add content
begin add content 1
end add content
begin add content 2
end add content
Channel installed!
SHND: Stopping sound thread
SHND: Stopped sound thread
MEM1_freesize(): 18333648
MEM2_freesize(): 47609792
Deinit ISFS
Here's the syscheck
Code:
sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region unknown
The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6432)
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 607480825
Boot2 v0
Found 56 titles
Found 31 IOS on this console
No IOS Stub on this console

IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0
IOS9 (rev 1290),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS12 (rev 782),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS13 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS14 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS15 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS17 (rev 1288),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS21 (rev 1295),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS22 (rev 1550),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS28 (rev 2063),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS31 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS33 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS34 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS35 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3864),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS37 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS38 (rev 4380),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS41 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS43 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS45 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS46 (rev 3863),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS48 (rev 4380),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS53 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS55 (rev 5919),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS56 (rev 5918),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS57 (rev 6175),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS58 (rev 6432),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS59 (rev 7201),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS62 (rev 6430),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS80 (rev 7200),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS236 (rev 65535),No,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS249 (rev 21010),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled

Report generated on 2013/03/02

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like your game is broken, may redump it with wiiflow and try it again.
Oh and guys, about the IRC problem, abjects seems like to crash constantly so I opened up an alternative channel, #wiiflow on freenode, feel free to join.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lately I've been having a very strange and Uneek problem. Neek2o stopped working for me so I decided to reinstall it on my new hard drive. I downloaded it from modmii and opted for priiloader. When I booted it up and tried to get into to priiloader it wouldn't. I tried making a new nand a few times and finally decided to dump my own using wiiflow. I put the contents of the new nandemu folder into nands/pl_us and renamed my old nandemu. Now when I return from a neek booted wiiware, it boots to my wiiflow/nandemu nand instead. Still no priiloader, even though I know it was dumped with it on there. I can see a bunch of wiiware channels but for some reason I can't move them around. I thought I needed priiloader to autoboot neek2o from neek nand to boot back into real nand wiiflow but I was able to achieve the same result by setting neek wiiflow to return to neek2o. Still can't figure out why neek2o stopped working on my original hard drive. I'm moving some things around and going to copy my new setup to the old hard drive and see if it works.

Edit: Got it working on my old drive after waiting a few minutes. Still weird how it uses wiiflow/emunand but hey, whatever works...
Oh, while I'm on the subject of things not working, r886 boots up with blank text and doesn't create an ini. it crashes when I try to select modes. After I put a previous ini in it, works and text is returned on theme change upon which it dumps and then reloads.
Also I can't seem to get bmx xxx ntsc-u to work with the latest devo or dm no matter what I do. I got it running one time with devo one time but that's it. And Neighbours from Hell reboots wiiflow after trying to load a level.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To answer the priiloader question, from r93 and up priiloader is ignored, the most important priiloader hacks are in the overlay menu now.
See --> http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/source/detail?r=93

Neek2o probably stopped working because the emunand was screwed up someway..

For the emunand path settings, please check if the correct path is still set in wiiflow.ini, delete the nandcfg file in the sneek folder and 1st start neek2o the normal way before you try it in wiiflow.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response,E. so no way to set autoboot? well,the way I have it now it works like I need it to. Any danger of having everything on the same partition? I know on the Wiki it says to have a fat 32 and ntfs but everything seems okay right now. also I was wondering about fat 32 verses in NTFS. Is there anything that works on 1 that won't work on the other?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No danger whatsoever anymore...that fat32/ntfs remark is somewhat obsolete.
Wiiflow should work with both partitions...and should be able to do the same with bothe partition, except ofcourse homebrew (like some emulators) that needs fat32, and neek2o.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, while I'm on the subject of things not working, r886 boots up with blank text and doesn't create an ini. it crashes when I try to select modes. After I put a previous ini in it, works and text is returned on theme change upon which it dumps and then reloads.
I have the same problem, which I posted some time back. Fix94 suggested it may have been something to do with my IOS58 and to try to re-install it, but I just get installation failures when I try that with IOS58 Installer. Further to this, some suggestions are to uninstall IOS58 then re-install, but I have not tried this as I found a few dire warnings regarding uninstalling IOS58 which freaked me out a little. I know I can restore a NAND dump if it goes wrong, but 2 young kids restrict my testing/restore regimen these days.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem, which I posted some time back. Fix94 suggested it may have been something to do with my IOS58 and to try to re-install it, but I just get installation failures when I try that with IOS58 Installer. Further to this, some suggestions are to uninstall IOS58 then re-install, but I have not tried this as I found a few dire warnings regarding uninstalling IOS58 which freaked me out a little. I know I can restore a NAND dump if it goes wrong, but 2 young kids restrict my testing/restore regimen these days.
Lol your GamerTag looks awesome with all those GC covers back 2 back. I see someone's been running it down with Devo and/or DM(L) :D

If I may, there shouldn't be any problems uninstalling IOS58. It's not like your going to brick your Wii by uninstalling that IOS, so nothing as drastic as a NAND dump recovery should be necessary.

I find it strange however that u cannot use the uninstaller but if it gives u problems why not just get the latest IOS 58 WAD from NUS or ModMii and install it with WiiMod, WAD Manager/GUI, YAWMM, MMM (if u don't have a TR remote) or any other WAD manager and just overwrite bypassing the uninstall altogether. If it gives u an error when overwriting I would definitely suggest an uninstall/re-install ASAP.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lol your GamerTag looks awesome with all those GC covers back 2 back. I see someone's been running it down with Devo and/or DM(L) :D
It looks good until my little girl plays her games and spoils it with Dora and Disney Princesses!!! :rofl:
I find it strange however that u cannot use the uninstaller but if it gives u problems why not just get the latest IOS 58 WAD from NUS or ModMii and install it with WiiMod, WAD Manager/GUI, YAWMM, MMM (if u don't have a TR remote) or any other WAD manager and just overwrite bypassing the uninstall altogether. If it gives u an error when overwriting I would definitely suggest an uninstall/re-install ASAP.
Yeah, the error is when overwriting. Will try the uninstall tonight if I can manage to pry the kids off it.
Find it pretty odd that others have the same issue recently though, like drakorex, Damian666.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's interested, i added an SNES vertical cover set, and an update to the NES set as well over in the cover thread. SNES horizontal update coming soon!

Check Sig for Link. :) Happy EmuFlowin' Maamajaama's!

Hmmm.. whats next, FBA covers, or more WiiWare covers? I'm not gonna touch PC emu covers for a minute, anybody else who wants to, feel free!

Edit: and if you haven't checked it out yet, the wiiware port of "Retro City Rampage" is hellafun. I do suggest you try it. Goes good with a hoppy ass beer.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
And here's Frodo C64 mod with "sav" files argument support(Thanks Fabio).
Extract into \WiiFlow\Plugins folder (replace older files)
Frodo distinguishes the type of files (.sav, .d64, .PRG, etc) from the extension.
please test and report bugs.
Abz

Edit: if you already have all your sav files set, you might want to edit the ini file to remove the other extensions
Edit2: also change rompath to /frodo/saves
Edit3: fixed the file for ya :) - redownload

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So emulators with argument support work if I give wiiflow the path in a settings file etc?

Or they only work in a specific /wiiflow/emulator directory?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So emulators with argument support work if I give wiiflow the path in a settings file etc?

Or they only work in a specific /wiiflow/emulator directory?
Basically, WiiFlow lets you choose a file (it shows them each as a 3D box with a cover on it) and then it sends the filename, path, and/or device to the plugin (emulator). It's your job to format the argument in the INI file using those pieces of information to get it to work. ;)

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And here's Frodo C64 mod with "sav" files argument support(Thanks Fabio).
Extract into \WiiFlow\Plugins folder (replace older files)
Frodo distinguishes the type of files (.sav, .d64, .PRG, etc) from the extension.
please test and report bugs.
Abz

Edit: if you already have all your sav files set, you might want to edit the ini file to remove the other extensions
Edit2: also change rompath to /frodo/saves
Edit3: fixed the file for ya :) - redownload
Tested it yesterday and it works very well! Abdallah and Fabio, you have all of my gratitude.
My advice is to create a new folder ('games' for example) inside the frodo directory and then copy all the content of the saves folder inside of it.
(Obviously you should then change the rompath to '/frodo/games' in the .ini file).
In this way you would keep the save required to boot the games separated from the actual save states, otherwise they would be overwritten each time you save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7