Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, everythings working good for me using r631 except I noticed a slow down while changing covers and I've still never got the mplayer to work.
So could someone please explian to me the mplayer plugin?... my setup = /sdcard - usb1 (fat32) -usb2 (ntfs)
I've got the mplayerce-svn-r673.dol in the usb2:/wiifow/plugins
and the mplayer-ce folder (with no dol file) in usb2:/apps ???

I can't seem to get it to work ... I can see the movies (avi's) but when I go to play one I just get a black screen and have to get up and hold down the power button until it's red.. the movies are good and work if I gointo wiiXplorer in execute the dol and then play the movies.... I know I'm overlooking something somewhere...

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking forward to this, it'll make theming alot easier. If I may suggest, whenever you get the specifics figured out, it'd be nice if a separate window popped up with the wiiflow gui, allowing you to see how everything looks as you edit. Keep up the good work, man :D

theming? this is just for settings man, not for theming :P

but its a good idea, perhaps ill tackle that next

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forward to this, it'll make theming alot easier. If I may suggest, whenever you get the specifics figured out, it'd be nice if a separate window popped up with the wiiflow gui, allowing you to see how everything looks as you edit. Keep up the good work, man :D

theming? this is just for settings man, not for theming :P

but its a good idea, perhaps ill tackle that next
that would be bad ass :mthr:

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theming/ini would be great, you could use the app that lets you build theme's for homebrew ( main menu). it will let you load png's, an also write the ini.
(yes already had this idea one point in time, but i don't know shit about code/program writing.)

envirotech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, everythings working good for me using r631 except I noticed a slow down while changing covers and I've still never got the mplayer to work.
So could someone please explian to me the mplayer plugin?... my setup = /sdcard - usb1 (fat32) -usb2 (ntfs)
I've got the mplayerce-svn-r673.dol in the usb2:/wiifow/plugins
and the mplayer-ce folder (with no dol file) in usb2:/apps ???

I can't seem to get it to work ... I can see the movies (avi's) but when I go to play one I just get a black screen and have to get up and hold down the power button until it's red.. the movies are good and work if I gointo wiiXplorer in execute the dol and then play the movies.... I know I'm overlooking something somewhere...
You need mplayer-ce files in the apps/mplayer-ce/ folder, just as if you were running it from homebrew. Also require the mplayerce.ini in the Wiiflow/plugins folder (from the Wiiflow plugins pack 4.7).

Mine works, but I can't see any movies which are more than 1 subfolder deep.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok does the mplayerce-svn-r673.dol go in the usb2:/wiiflow/plugins folder? Do I need to rename it to boot.dol? And does the apps/mplayer-ce folder go on the / (root) of usb2? Or on usb1 (where the movie folder is?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm still getting a black screen with no HD activity. I feel like I've tried everything...
All my other emus and GC games work fine. I'm about to just give up and hide it in the source_menu.ini and replace it with a blank square LOL!

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok does the mplayerce-svn-r673.dol go in the usb2:/wiiflow/plugins folder? Do I need to rename it to boot.dol? And does the apps/mplayer-ce folder go on the / (root) of usb2? Or on usb1 (where the movie folder is?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm still getting a black screen with no HD activity. I feel like I've tried everything...
All my other emus and GC games work fine. I'm about to just give up and hide it in the source_menu.ini and replace it with a blank square LOL!

strucwiiflow.png

Wiiflow.ini
Code:
[GENERAL]
dir_banner_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache/banners
dir_box_covers=usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers
dir_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache
dir_cheat=usb1:/wiiflow/codes/gct
dir_custom_banners=usb1:/wiiflow/custom_banners
dir_fanart=usb1:/wiiflow/fanart
dir_flat_covers=usb1:/wiiflow/covers
dir_help=usb1:/wiiflow/help
dir_languages=usb1:/wiiflow/languages
dir_list_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache/lists
dir_music=usb1:/wiiflow/music
dir_plugins=usb1:/wiiflow/plugins
dir_screenshot=usb1:/wiiflow/screenshots
dir_settings=usb1:/wiiflow/settings
dir_source=usb1:/wiiflow/source_menu
dir_themes=usb1:/wiiflow/themes
dir_trailers=usb1:/wiiflow/trailers
dir_txtcheat=usb1:/wiiflow/codes
dir_wip=usb1:/wiiflow/codes/wip

mplayerce.ini
Code:
[PLUGIN]
magic=4D504345
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=mplayerce
fileTypes=.avi|.mp4|.mkv|.vob
romDir=Movies
dolFile=mplayerce-svn-r673.dol
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=

Reactions: 2 people

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I always do a clean install, except for cache, cause it takes so long to reload.
Anyway, wiped all ini's again (as well as cache this time) and tried r626 & r629. GC banner slowdown seems to be fixed.
However, music is definitely still not working. I'm using ogg by the way. I'm assuming FIX94 must be using mp3.
I use ogg only in wiiflow, mp3 is buggy.
I just went back and tested r618 (clean install) and the exact same ogg files work fine in this rev.
Something has happened since 618 to start cracking the shits with my ogg's.

While I'm here, does anyone have any idea on why my SNES emu games always black screen after start up? My N64 roms seem to work ok and the SNES roms are known to work elsewhere.
I've followed the plugin guide but obviously I've missed something important, but can't for the life of me find what the issue is. Roms are on SD, plugins are on HDD with Wiiflow (on second NTFS partition). First FAT32 partition of HDD contain only GC and NAND only.
Got desperate and started trying other IOS's and video tweaks but no joy so far. PAL roms on PAL Wii.
Any suggestions welcome - thanks!

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country

strucwiiflow.png

Wiiflow.ini
Code:
[GENERAL]
dir_banner_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache/banners
dir_box_covers=usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers
dir_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache
dir_cheat=usb1:/wiiflow/codes/gct
dir_custom_banners=usb1:/wiiflow/custom_banners
dir_fanart=usb1:/wiiflow/fanart
dir_flat_covers=usb1:/wiiflow/covers
dir_help=usb1:/wiiflow/help
dir_languages=usb1:/wiiflow/languages
dir_list_cache=usb1:/wiiflow/cache/lists
dir_music=usb1:/wiiflow/music
dir_plugins=usb1:/wiiflow/plugins
dir_screenshot=usb1:/wiiflow/screenshots
dir_settings=usb1:/wiiflow/settings
dir_source=usb1:/wiiflow/source_menu
dir_themes=usb1:/wiiflow/themes
dir_trailers=usb1:/wiiflow/trailers
dir_txtcheat=usb1:/wiiflow/codes
dir_wip=usb1:/wiiflow/codes/wip

mplayerce.ini
Code:
[PLUGIN]
magic=4D504345
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=mplayerce
fileTypes=.avi|.mp4|.mkv|.vob
romDir=Movies
dolFile=mplayerce-svn-r673.dol
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=
Success! Thank you spayrosam for the map! It seems that I was running the main wiiflow dol from my usb2 ntfs where the games are. So I moved that folder to the FAT32 usb1 and at first still got a black screen, but then I changed my wilflow.ini to reflect where the plugins were now located and the movie fired right up! now it even returns to the wiiflow when I push the home button. Thanks again! It was driving me nuts! :yay:

(Later) ok now everything works except for my emulated nand on usb1... I followed the guide when I first set it all up " Miigotu Says: I suggest a 2 partition setup, the first being fat32 of around 25GB, for your normal apps (other than wiiflow), and your emulated nand.
The second partition, formatted as NTFS should hold usb2:/apps/wiiflow, usb:/wiiflow, and usb2:/wbfs (your games). You dont want any wiiflow files on usb1 since your emulated nand is there and issues can occur if you try to emulate saves or nand while wiiflow is writing to configuraiton files on the same partition."

So that's why I had the wiiflow files on usb2 ntfs... hmmm.. I guess I'll mess around with it some more.....?

(later again) OK! WOOOOO!!! all is working now! I have ONLY the plugins on the FAT32 usb1 partition and told the wiiflow.ini and everything else is on usb2 ntfs!
Thanks for you help again!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a bnr file, i am starting to make them for the movies. :) this is the first one an i have a few more i'm doing.( if this is what the people would like, if not i'll do them for just me. :P )
just put it in the custom banners folder or with the rest of them in the bnr folder, an point the ini for mplayer in the right direction, along with wiiflow ini.

http://www.mediafire.com/?atirjiffp6rad8q this is "The Incrediblae Hulk".. the better one with abomination. an the hottie who is Liv Tyler. :)

Reactions: 4 people

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
here's a bnr file, i am starting to make them for the movies. :) this is the first one an i have a few more i'm doing.( if this is what the people would like, if not i'll do them for just me. :P )
just put it in the custom banners folder or with the rest of them in the bnr folder, an point the ini for mplayer in the right direction, along with wiiflow ini.

http://www.mediafire...atirjiffp6rad8q this is "The Incrediblae Hulk".. the better one with abomination. an the hottie who is Liv Tyler. :)
Cool! I was actually wondering about this since none of the emulator games have banners. Maybe a custom 1 could be made. Same with sounds... but it would be alot of work....

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://www.mediafire...atirjiffp6rad8q this is "The Incrediblae Hulk".. the better one with abomination. an the hottie who is Liv Tyler. :)
Cool! I was actually wondering about this since none of the emulator games have banners. Maybe a custom 1 could be made. Same with sounds... but it would be alot of work....
well depending on the game your using in the emulators, i have some premade, though they are for the vc/wiiware games. i'm thinking you'd just have to re name the bnr. to point to the game.
i don't mess with the emulators, cause most of the games i like i already have as vc/wiiware. kinda gave it up cause no one was really picking them up. but if people want them done, i suppose i can make them after i finish my movies.
for vc games.http://www.mediafire.com/?pqw717eblid3g7q

Reactions: 1 person

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the way the emus are set up, you can change the sound but only 1 sound. Like when i scroll the nes games close up it makes the Mario coin noise repeatedly. You know, last year back when I was using spayrosam's Wad2ISO, I wad injecting custom sounds into the wads so that when they appeared in the wiiflow, they would play a short sound (kinda like a ringtone LOL!) I think I had a windows prog like ... wav2bns or something..? and injected the sound with customizemii. Of course the bnr for VC games is still the old boring one. It was actually alot of work...well, not really just tedious like using audacity to trim the songs then converting and injecting, etc....There are plenty of old video game remixes around http://forums.ffshrine.org/f72/video-game-metal-rock-albums-59633/ just to name one place. All free open stuff.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the way the emus are set up, you can change the sound but only 1 sound. Like when i scroll the nes games close up it makes the Mario coin noise repeatedly. You know, last year back when I was using spayrosam's Wad2ISO, I wad injecting custom sounds into the wads so that when they appeared in the wiiflow, they would play a short sound (kinda like a ringtone LOL!) I think I had a windows prog like ... wav2bns or something..? and injected the sound with customizemii. Of course the bnr for VC games is still the old boring one. It was actually alot of work...well, not really just tedious like using audacity to trim the songs then converting and injecting, etc....There are plenty of old video game remixes around http://forums.ffshri...k-albums-59633/ just to name one place. All free open stuff.
well my bnr files have the opening theme songs to the games. just trying to figure out what sound i'm going to use for movies bnr.( the first one i made doesn't have the sound, though i'm leaning towards using "lonely guy" the opening theme song for the original show from the 70's, but then i have the first hulk movie so.) i use wavosaurus from portapack to convert my sounds to wav file an do the editing.

thetyser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose this may be a good place to ask this question: I have been experiencing issues installing the fix94 wiiflow forwarder Default-FIX94v12-forwarder-DWFA.wad
I receive the ERROR: ret- 1035 error, which I attempted to remedy from one thread's suggestion by trying two different wad installers (wad manager 1.7 and MMM) and also tried to install with ios236 which made no difference. I used the 'Softmod Any Wii' guide from wiihacks, and am running Dios Mios and all that. I want to eventually configure Wiiflow to run like the video below, but I'm wondering if it's dependant on this forwarder installing properly and what steps I should take to fix. below is my syscheck - any help is appreciated :)

p.s. also, is this the 'hidden channel' that i'm trying to install? i'm finding this very confusing

""

sysCheck v2.1.0b18 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.0/4.1U (v54449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2008.07.14
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: xxx
Boot2 v4
Found 99 titles.
Found 55 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2012/07/30.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I always do a clean install, except for cache, cause it takes so long to reload.
Anyway, wiped all ini's again (as well as cache this time) and tried r626 & r629. GC banner slowdown seems to be fixed.
However, music is definitely still not working. I'm using ogg by the way. I'm assuming FIX94 must be using mp3.
I use ogg only in wiiflow, mp3 is buggy.
I just went back and tested r618 (clean install) and the exact same ogg files work fine in this rev.
Something has happened since 618 to start cracking the shits with my ogg's.
Thought I'd compile r619 through r625 to see where this broke (for me at least) and music still worked in r621.
r622 Wiiflow did not work at all (as I suspected from the comment against r623 lol).
r623 onwards the ogg music no longer plays for me.
Hopefully this helps narrow down what might be going on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay