Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='thevoiceover']:
OK you are right, fixed that now, you can try this dol, it uses the cheats from the games folder with the id as name of the gct now.
@[member='bostonBC']:
Try this dol too:
http://www.mediafire...ugdn7um8ntd78ko
Added some possibly fix for it.

Still not having luck, showing codes and I click apply and still not working for me.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to set up neek for use in wiiflow. I heard it makes wiiware compatability better. Not quite sure what to do or how it works.
Are you trying to launch games via the new useneek option or do you just want to launch Wiiflow from within an e-NAND? The latter I can confirm has excellent compatibility with all WW/VC I've tested, 100+ and counting, no problem yet.

All you would need to do is install the proper WiiFlow forwarder channel that's compatible with neek2o then launch and you're all set. If you need to extract/create an e-NAND as well as install/setup neek2o r88+ look no further than ModMii, I can't count how many NANDS I've created with this program, otherwise you can use bootmii/WiiFlow to extract your own NAND and then install neek20 r88.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I remember someone saying that the codes had to be named /games/GameID/GameID.gct
that the folder AND the GCT file had to be named with the GameID for that game or it wouldn't work.
That might be loader-specific ... or it might be an error in DM that wasn't in DML. I don't use cheats much myself so I don't have much experience to draw from.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to set up neek for use in wiiflow. I heard it makes wiiware compatability better. Not quite sure what to do or how it works.
Are you trying to launch games via the new useneek option or do you just want to launch Wiiflow from within an e-NAND? The latter I can confirm has excellent compatibility with all WW/VC I've tested, 100+ and counting, no problem yet.
The former. By the way, thanks for responding. :) This seems like the kind of thing that Fledge should put in his tutorial.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The former. By the way, thanks for responding. :) This seems like the kind of thing that Fledge should put in his tutorial.
I think you need to be using neek2o r90 or higher for that and r90 hasn't been officially released yet.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to be using neek2o r90 or higher for that and r90 hasn't been officially released yet.
I see. So what all would be involved in the setup? Or should I just wait until everythings official before worrying about it?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I was actually waiting for it to be released in order to start. At that point I was hoping to have ModMii so most of the setup for me.

I only have a partial emuNAND for the older cIOS emulation. I felt it was too much work to have to open up neek2o every time and then open up WiiFlow (just to get at a channel I would theoretical be able to get at directly in neek2o itself) and hadn't had the time to get it set up from scratch, incorporate my existing emuNAND and THEN get everything set up for WiiFlow to autoboot in neek2o. (I assume I could have replaced the system menu APP file one from the forwarder WAD but that's just theory for me ATM.) When I saw that it was going to be able to run them directly from real NAND, I decided to wait.

In short, I'd suggest ModMii.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I see. So what all would be involved in the setup? Or should I just wait until everythings official before worrying about it?
I edited my earlier post to give you more info, I'm using r88 and everything is working fine. My setup consists of an e-NAND which has neekbooter installed by PostLoader which autoboots WiiFlow. It wouldn't take too long to do that but it can be more involving than you'd like it to be.

Easiest bet I'd say is to create a nand with ModMii, use showmiiwads to install the neek2o channel and WiiFlow forwarder on it and install neek2o channel on real nand as well. copy contents that ModMii creates to your SD/USB, launch neek2o (n.b. first time launching a fresh NAND could take several mins so if you need to sit through a black screen for 5 mins, do so) enjoy launching WiiFlow, it'll d/load any available covers for you WW/VC as well ;)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, I think I'll wait until it's more solid and there's an actual "how to" before getting into it. After that all gets fleshed out, I figure I can say goodbye to the system menu for good and just direct boot to wiiflow for everything :D So assuming I were to try and set it up now, which would be the best option to use? Sneek, uneek, or would it matter once in wiiflow? And then where should my Enand be? On the root, or in the wiiflow folder?

Reactions: 1 person

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a similar line of questioning to drakorex's, now that neek2o is supported is that the preferred option over emunand for WW and VC games? I'd ideally like to have everything launch from within Wiiflow. Also, is there a list of WW/FC games that don't work on emunand in Wiiflow? Final question, is it possible to download songs for Rock Band or Guitar Hero from within an emunand setup? I have tried in the past and was informed I needed to start the Shop channel. I went to both my real and emulated nand and launched the Shop channel but the games still failed to let me download anything. Thanks for your time. :-)

Y314K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know where I can find the WiiFlow Mod R621 ??? Tried to find it at the source site but I couldn't find a link to it...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Anybody know where I can find the WiiFlow Mod R621 ??? Tried to find it at the source site but I couldn't find a link to it...
I kinda think that's what this was.
OK you are right, fixed that now, you can try this dol, it uses the cheats from the games folder with the id as name of the gct now.
@[member='bostonBC']:
Try this dol too:

Y314K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda think that's what this was.
@[member='bostonBC']:
Try this dol too:

That's what I am thinking since R621 info was posted 2 hours ago... But just wanted to get confirmation... Hopefully it shows the version once installed...

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya, I think I'll wait until it's more solid and there's an actual "how to" before getting into it. After that all gets fleshed out, I figure I can say goodbye to the system menu for good and just direct boot to wiiflow for everything :D So assuming I were to try and set it up now, which would be the best option to use? Sneek, uneek, or would it matter once in wiiflow? And then where should my Enand be? On the root, or in the wiiflow folder?
Well I'd say your best bet is to build a uNeek+DI NAND with neek2o r88, it's simple in ModMii then install WiiFlow Forwarder and neek2o channel with showmii Wads, install a neek2o channel on your real NAND to access it. It's not very hard I'd say a 15 min prep to launch everything the way you like. Sorry I don't think I can be any clearer since Modmii guides you step by step question by question how to do everything.

Give it a try it's worth it and not difficult at all. If you get stuck somewhere in ModMii or whatever let me know I'll tell you wut's up.

JSchloegel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'd say your best bet is to build a uNeek+DI NAND with neek2o r88, it's simple in ModMii then install WiiFlow Forwarder and neek2o channel with showmii Wads, install a neek2o channel on your real NAND to access it. It's not very hard I'd say a 15 min prep to launch everything the way you like. Sorry I don't think I can be any clearer since Modmii guides you step by step question by question how to do everything.

Give it a try it's worth it and not difficult at all. If you get stuck somewhere in ModMii or whatever let me know I'll tell you wut's up.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in to your conversation but I had a question or two for this setup. Since the Wii boots out of the neek environment, does that mean that anythng referring to the NAND is really the neek? Savegames etc would be in the neek (not sure if that's the right term but I hope you understand what I'm saying), when switching through things in Wiiflow, games/channels/etc under NAND (NAND) would really be neek?

Also, if I update my cIOS, would I need to redo this or would I install the cIOS in the neek environment? I will go through the neek thread(s) a bit more closely, but I was hoping these answers would determine if I should look closer to this setup. Thanks!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is just another excessive memory usage issue I know there's a lot of the images it uses that are still PNG's. Some of them that don't need transparency could be put in as JPG's (although I understand there are cases where JPG isn't actually the smallest)

You could also, perhaps, just load the current coverflow into memory. Most people don't spend a lot of time switching from one coverflow to another so a little lag shouldn't be a big deal given the benefit of more stability. This would also make memory no longer an issue with how many coverflows are in the themes.
I don't know how hard it would be to change but I love this idea. Waiting a second or likely less between switching coverflows is a small price to pay for stability.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Reactions: 1 person

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I setup a small flash drive with 40 games and it doesn't code dump with a 3-up coverflow. I assume there is no way to easily tell where the breaking point is game wise so I will do some tests and see at what game count it chokes.

It probably won't be an issue with Wii games since only crazy folks like me have that many but I have a feeling many people may have 1000+ old console game collections and if the issue is memory because of too many games this bug probably is going to bite other people.

Edit...

I removed batches of games and then rebuilt the cache each time.

500 games code dumped on a 3-up coverflow

250 games code dumped on a 3-up coverflow

125 games code dumped on a 3-up coverflow

100 games code dumped on a 3-up coverflow

75 games works with no code dumps on a 3-up coverflow

So the breaking point appears to be between 75 and 100. That is much smaller than I thought and I think this will affect a lot of people.

Probably either need to remove support for 3-up coverflows or figure out how to resolve this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...