Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see new version with corrections and improuvement but sad to see split effort.

Thank you for your hard work FIX94
It's not split :P It's my (more or less) private google code and we'll soon sync it with the normal wiiflow page, I just will keep committing there because of more bugs and stuff, I don't want to break things you know. It's the first time I code in c++ so I still make many mistakes.

I just noticed that wiiflow-mod googlecode page links to that post and says its not a fork....

Actually, it IS a separate project. It had been merged on top of wiiflow for a week or so and i removed that commit. It will NOT be merged in again. The real Wiiflow will eventually have many similar features, but with much more sensible code and less clutter/baggage/bloat or whatever you want to call it. I have not abandoned wiiflow and will not be adding any of the original code that has been slapped together into wiiflow-mod code directly. Some of the code they copy pasted out of other projects may be used, with some modifications for stability. (The majority of the good things added to the wiiflow-mod project are mere copy/paste from other projects.) I had attempted to make it work with a joint effort between wiiflow-mod team and myself, but we simply do not work well together. I cant add their code directly as it sits either, because it creates alot of instability on top of the instability I already had in r417 of wiiflow. They had fixed 1 or 2 bugs of mine, most notably 3 missing break; 's in a switch for updating the cache (DOH!). My local copy now has most of those previous bugs fixed, DML, and a new homebrew and channel view with icon.png sized boxes for homebrew, and channel icon sized boxes for channels... We wont need covers for channels or homebrew anymore when im done (optionally you can still use them if you wish ofc, freedom of choice is king) I'll also attempt in the future for channel, games, and dml to optionally replace fanart with the game/channel banner. I have alot of things in store for wiiflow on top of all this, once I finally get through adding/sifting through the approximately 23000 lines of mostly useless changes from wiiflow-mod, my 2500 lines of what was supposed to be r418 before wiiflow-mod swooped in and got wiiflow users rowled up over DML support (postloader's DML code and gc dumper among other things btw).

Anyways, it will take some time for me to rewrite their code to meet my standards and be my code rather than some copy pasta, and add my new fun stuff and whatnot... But in the end I think its gonna be a huge success, and everyone will happy to be back to a loader that doesn't risk your drive or crash every other time you use it. Long live real wiiflow...Flame on.

(BTW I rarely read any forums, so I most likely wont see any flaming/trolling haha, have fun with that)
Wow is all I can say. I was afraid that something like this was going to happen. I've contributed in the past but I don't feel like you owe me anything.

You may owe those who kept the project going and fixing bugs and extending functionality more than a 'your code is shit' note.

FWIW many of us put up with buggy after buggy releases with insanely long delays between them from you so I am not sorry to say I will be following the mod path from now.

If there isn't a dedicated thread for Wiiflow-mod I hope someone will please create one and post it as that is the branch that I will likely follow.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried not to get involved and open up my mouth...however...

I've been following Wiiflow since the beginning and fully support wiiflow and team. I don't care much for the Wiiflow-mod project regardless of its features (dml etc).
I'm a happy dude with my wiiflow r417 and I will patiently wait for miigotu and crew to make wiiflow an even bigger of a beastly loader..or rather HOMEBREW!

With much respect to Fix94 and crew for the Wiiflow-Mod but it simply isn't for me.
Now to add in some more of my two cents. I strongly urge Fix94 to make his OWN thread for Wiiflow-Mod and stuff for many reasons...

1. To prevent any flame wars over wiiflow/wiiflow-mod
2. Flaming between developers
3. Trolls who just wish to jump in the fray
4. This thread potentially being locked by mods due to all the flame/arguing/plain and simple BS

Last edited by KingMuk,

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

I've been following Wiiflow since the beginning and fully support wiiflow and team. I don't care much for the wiiflow-mod project regardless of its features (dml etc).
I'm a happy dude with my wiiflow r418 and I will patiently wait for mugotu and crew to make wiiflow an even bigger of a beastly loader..or rather HOMEBREW!

With much respect to Fix94 and crew for the Wiiflow-Mod but it simply isn't for me.

Now to add in some more of my two cents. I strongly urge Fix94 to make his OWN thread for Wiiflow-Mod and stuff for many reasons...

2. Flaming between devolopers
4. This thread potentially being locked by mods due to all the flame/arguing/plain and simple BS

Well you havent followed that close simply because 418 is actually WiiFlow Mod, you would have noticed 418 was reverted back to 417(WiiFlow) if you payed that much attention.

I had to lol there if im honoust

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok, this is getting a bit hostile. I guess he did say "flame on" and it's great that everyone exppresses their opinions but pointing fingers is not going to help (Especially since he expresly stated that he doesn't look at the forums.).

Now, here's the place where I put in my 2 cents:

1. Since he did say that he doesn't spend much time in the forums I DON'T see a real reason to start another thread.
2. Since WiiFlow-mod is willing to copy and paste code from other open source projects then any fixes and features added to the mainstream WiiFlow could also easily be added to the mod. Among other things this implies, the subject matter for the thread would NOT need to change much. If Miigotu's code ends up being more elegant and readable I see no reason not to adopt it.

As kinda a side note, I've always liked the cover mods for the GX emulators (vba, fceu, and snes9x) and the tend to keep right up with any additions in the mainstream as well as progressing/developing their own additions.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
woohoo my first post on gba.. :)
1st : Miigotu keep your version for yourself and start learning how to treat people nice... :P
2nd : really great work FIX94 and OverjoY... Thanks :yay:
3rd : Etheboss i think you might missed a dev for wiiflow-mod (r-win) ;)

later all :)
Hmm, i didn't know that about the third point, thnx nibb

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2. Since WiiFlow-mod is willing to copy and paste code from other open source projects then any fixes and features
Heh thats normal, miigotu does that often enough too and everyone takes code from other projects :P But thats no copy paste, it needs to be changed really much every time to work in wiiflow, so I would it call inspiration and coding help ;)

Reactions: 2 people

nfodiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question... I have recently filled up a hdd with wii games and have had to start putting games on a 2nd hdd. Is it possible to use 2 hdd's in wiiflow and switch between them in wiiflow without having to unplug one hdd and plug in the other hdd or have wiiflow recognise 2 hdd's hooked up at the same time and pool all the games together in the coverflow from both hdd's? I have connected the 2 drives but don't seem to be able to switch between them. I understand this might be a limitation but figured I would ask in here.

WrathofGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question I just got wodeflow up and running however it seems to have some small issues. Would you guys recommend this over Wodeflow and the Configurable USB loader? Or go with another one?

Edit: I have a wode so I used the wodeflow one first. Not sure if that would matter.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been following Wiiflow since the beginning and fully support wiiflow and team. I don't care much for the wiiflow-mod project regardless of its features (dml etc).
I'm a happy dude with my wiiflow r418 and I will patiently wait for mugotu and crew to make wiiflow an even bigger of a beastly loader..or rather HOMEBREW!

2. Flaming between devolopers

Well you havent followed that close simply because 418 is actually WiiFlow Mod, you would have noticed 418 was reverted back to 417(WiiFlow) if you payed that much attention.

I had to lol there if im honoust
And r418 was the first version in a very long time that I found to be stable enough for me and my circle to use.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Getting back on track, I'm glad to hear that the multi game disk support does separate out the images and other development seems to be going along nicely.

BTW, IF they DO start a separate thread for the mod (and I would personally prefer they don't) could someone be sure to post a notice and a link here. I would like to follow progress on BOTH.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I want to thank the developers of wiiflow mod for their hard work. Really appreciated.

And one question: Does r191 support d2x v8 final?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to thank the developers of wiiflow mod for their hard work. Really appreciated.

And one question: Does r191 support d2x v8 final?
Sure it does

BTW I finally uploaded a translations pack here for r191 which contains chinese simple, danish, dutch, french, german, italian, japanese, portuguese, spanish and a english template for everyone who wanna translate it in other languages. The translations in this pack are 100% finished. They are also unfinished translations here, if somebody translates them just give me a PM, I would be happy about the other languages too :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone