Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Added new option to always show the DML button, this should make it possible to use DML even if the detection doesnt work :)

vans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow is awesome! thanks for all your work. However i am having a small problem in that if my hard drive switches off due to lack of activity wiiflow will fail to load (which totally makes sense) however with old version it used to just show a picture of usb drive prompting me to just re attach the drive and then it worked. The latest version however asks me to select the partition and because wiiflow doesn't detect the drive i cant select usb forcing me to power of the wii and then on again. Is there any way to get the old behaviour back? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Wiiflow is awesome! thanks for all your work. However i am having a small problem in that if my hard drive switches off due to lack of activity wiiflow will fail to load (which totally makes sense) however with old version it used to just show a picture of usb drive prompting me to just re attach the drive and then it worked. The latest version however asks me to select the partition and because wiiflow doesn't detect the drive i cant select usb forcing me to power of the wii and then on again. Is there any way to get the old behaviour back? Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
On most hard drives you can disable the feature that it switches off after x minutes of inactivity. That is by far the best solution.

vans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried to find a way to make the hard drive stay awake longer but i cant seem to find the software to do it. My drive is a wd5000mt western digital my passport studio formatted to fat32. If anyone can help with a way to keep alive it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It simply doesn't work on some harddisks to turn off the spindown feature.
I read somewhere that the latest cios had something buildin to keep the harddisk alive?
If that's the case, shouldn't it stay awake?

DaveBlack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey where can i get the mod from fix94? i would like to have my gamecube games and wii games together!!! wiiflow is the best loader by the way XD

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix, Can Wiiflow Browse in following Order:
Wii Games > GC Games > Nands > Homebrew.
It'll be nicer to go to DML with just 1 click.

And on top of that - if we could go forward and backward. That way we wouldn't have to go all the way around to get back to Wii games from GC Games.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, take it easy you guys..don't overload things..

Instead i think it is a better idea to post your request on the open wiiflow mod google code page in the issue list section..
That way it is recorded and the devs can prioritize things more easy.
Also things (hopefully) won't get asked over and over again.

(Unless Fix and Overjoy don't want it like this..)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix,have you found any time to check if it is possible to intergrate Swiss to Wiiflow?

Would swiss really be necessary? It seems to me like it would be a lot of work for little to (no?) gain. DML is working pretty well.

Only thing I can think of is being able to plug in that USB adaptor, but last I tried swiss it did not have much compatibility, is it better now? :)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Fix,have you found any time to check if it is possible to intergrate Swiss to Wiiflow?

Would swiss really be necessary? It seems to me like it would be a lot of work for little to (no?) gain. DML is working pretty well.

Only thing I can think of is being able to plug in that USB adaptor, but last I tried swiss it did not have much compatibility, is it better now? :)
It is pretty good.Just take a look. ;)
http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swiss/Compatibility_List

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Does anyone have Kirby’s Return to Dreamland and The Smurf’s Dance Party working with the current version (r418) of WiiFlow. If so please share the config you are using.

Neither have played for some time in WiiFlow but work perfectly using CFG. I've tried multiple copies (NTSC and PAL) but they both hang in WiiFlow. I was using the d7 cIOS's but just updated to the d8beta but it's is the exact same results.

I tried auto settings as well as each IOS and other options but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I hate having to use CFG for just those 2 games.

TIA.

I'm not sure about r418 but you say they haven't worked for a while on WiiFlow. They both worked fine for me on r417 the last time I tried them. Actually, I think I tried Smurf's Dance Party on r417 mod 21 last and it worked fine. My configuration has been pretty much the default with both except I do always globally force video to NTSC because I usually trust more that PAL games will have a Spanish option for my wife. I know my copy of Smurf's Dance Party is PAL but I don't remember about Kirby off hand. I'll have to see if they still work with r418 when I get home so I can tell you.

Along the same lines if there's anyone who has been able to get Rygar to work, let me know. I haven't been able to get it for the life of me. I guess I could try with some other loaders just to see but I really would prefer WiiFlow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM