Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just set dpad_mode to true in [GENERAL] section after using the new version first.
It's just not working - using R119-IOS245
Do you need to press direction on specific icon?
I also have Gestures enabled does this matter too?

AbdallahTerro make sure your pointer (the hand) is on the usb/channels/dml/homebrew button while pressing the control pad (big plus sign button on your wiimote) when you try it otherwise it will just make the covers move

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Fix, Can Wiiflow Browse in following Order:
Wii Games > GC Games > Nands > Homebrew.
It'll be nicer to go to DML with just 1 click.

Here try this wiiflow boot dol. I made it so you just point at the channel/usb/dml/homebrew button and then use the wiimote control pad + to select what you want to view.

http://www.wupload.c...902282/boot.dol
up = wii games
down = gc dml games
left = homebrew
right = channels

only thing is this is my own personnal mod not ok'd by overjoy and fix.
if you share the source maybe others can benefit (or maybe it would be added in).
I agree. It's a cool feature and It would be a shame to loose it when they add things to the main version and it's less work to copy and paste it in than to have to work it out themselves.
The ability to hit (A) and go through the above order OR scroll through them with the + pad would be cool.
(There's a link to Attach File when you submit an issue on Google Code, send them you're changes. :) ).

By the way, just curious, what revision is your code based off of?

I already sent fix94 the code but he paid no attention.

Code:
if (m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnChannel) || m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnUsb) || m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnDML) || m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnHomebrew))
{
bool cv=false;
if (BTN_UP_PRESSED)
{
m_current_view = COVERFLOW_USB;
cv = true;
}
if (BTN_DOWN_PRESSED && m_show_dml)
{
m_current_view = COVERFLOW_DML;
cv = true;
}
if (BTN_LEFT_PRESSED && show_homebrew && (parental_homebrew || !m_locked))
{
m_current_view =  COVERFLOW_HOMEBREW;
cv = true;
}
if (BTN_RIGHT_PRESSED && show_channel)
{
m_current_view = COVERFLOW_CHANNEL;
cv = true;
}
if (cv)
{
m_category = m_cat.getInt(_domainFromView(), "category", 0);
LoadView();
}
}

add it at line# 258 in menu_main.cpp

i used r115 but you can add it to r117 and would be able to use the old method and my method.

Just found out that Dpad function works with the uploaded file v115 but not with latest r119
this is the latest code - they look different! Fix can you confirm that the new function works or not.

else if (m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnChannel) || m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnUsb) || m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnDML) || m_btnMgr.selected(m_mainBtnHomebrew))
{
if (m_cfg.getBool("GENERAL", "dpad_mode", false) && (BTN_UP_PRESSED || BTN_DOWN_PRESSED || BTN_LEFT_PRESSED || BTN_RIGHT_PRESSED))
{
if (BTN_UP_PRESSED)
else if (BTN_DOWN_PRESSED && m_show_dml)
m_current_view = COVERFLOW_DML;
else if (BTN_LEFT_PRESSED && show_homebrew && (parental_homebrew || !m_locked))
m_current_view = COVERFLOW_HOMEBREW;
else if (BTN_RIGHT_PRESSED && show_channel)
m_current_view = COVERFLOW_CHANNEL;
}
else
{
if (m_current_view == COVERFLOW_USB)
m_current_view = m_show_dml ? COVERFLOW_DML : (show_channel ? COVERFLOW_CHANNEL : ((show_homebrew && (parental_homebrew || !m_locked)) ? COVERFLOW_HOMEBREW : COVERFLOW_USB));
else if (m_current_view == COVERFLOW_DML)
m_current_view = show_channel ? COVERFLOW_CHANNEL : ((show_homebrew && (parental_homebrew || !m_locked)) ? COVERFLOW_HOMEBREW : COVERFLOW_USB);
else if (m_current_view == COVERFLOW_CHANNEL)
m_current_view = (show_homebrew && (parental_homebrew || !m_locked)) ? COVERFLOW_HOMEBREW : COVERFLOW_USB;
else if (m_current_view == COVERFLOW_HOMEBREW)
}
m_category = m_cat.getInt(_domainFromView(), "category", 0);
LoadView();
}

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@AbdallahTerro:
You got no idea from coding and copy paste so much code. It works fine here, I now replaced pressed with held to give you a better timing, for me it also works fine without when pressing in the right moment but the time window was pretty short ;)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just found out that Dpad function works with the uploaded file v115 but not with latest r119

It might be because you have to enable it in the wiiflow.ini

Come to think of it, though, if the normal way still works and it doesn't DETRACT from the current function, it could still be put in and just ignored by all those who don't want the to use the feature. It's not like the wiimote gestures where you can accidentally hit B with your wiimote to one side and start scrolling.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@AbdallahTerro:
You got no idea from coding and copy paste so much code. It works fine here, I now replaced pressed with held to give you a better timing, for me it also works fine without when pressing in the right moment but the time window was pretty short ;)
Fix this file http://www.wupload.c...902282/boot.dol works like a charm but r118-119 & 120 are not, pressing dpad direction on button is just moving the covers!!

@fledge68 can you PM the menu_main.cpp file used to build the above file please?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I might just be reading tone of voice where there is none (it's written text after all) but this conversation does seem to be getting a little heated.

If it is the case that it's just the wiiflow.ini I remember that someone asking about the wiimote gestures had an extra space in there or something and it didn't work for them.

One way or another, I still think that leaving the option always on would simplify things and wouldn't do any harm. . . . that's my 2 bits anyway.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
What about the OSD info?
I think the devs of WiiFlow intentionally want to keep a minimalistic, smooth gui feel, therefore an OSD might clutter and detract from their original idea of the project, hence why I like the, point at icons push b or hold b and press "whatever" to get new functions and of course the ini as well.

Hey an idea I wanted to throw at the dev team, maybe you guys can consider at some point down the line a way to edit the ini from right within wiiflow without having to launch WiiXplorer or taking SD/USB out and inserting in PC. I'm fine using WiiXplorer, but I think it would be faster to test things this way and enhance/use WiiFlow the way you really like it quickly and easily. I'll throw it at the enhancements on google code and see what you guys think. If you agree it'd be interesting to see how you would incorporate that feature.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
What about the OSD info?
I think the devs of WiiFlow intentionally want to keep a minimalistic, smooth gui feel, therefore an OSD might clutter and detract from their original idea of the project, hence why I like the, point at icons push b or hold b and press "whatever" to get new functions and of course the ini as well.

Hey an idea I wanted to throw at the dev team, maybe you guys can consider at some point down the line a way to edit the ini from right within wiiflow without having to launch WiiXplorer or taking SD/USB out and inserting in PC. I'm fine using WiiXplorer, but I think it would be faster to test things this way and enhance/use WiiFlow the way you really like it quickly and easily. I'll throw it at the enhancements on google code and see what you guys think. If you agree it'd be interesting to see how you would incorporate that feature.
I know and respect the devs vision but at least Wiiflow has to show the total number of games present +/- game size and free space, I don't know if this can be done through themes or not (cause some themes display game name while others don't)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Previous devs concidered it AbdallahTerro, but they did not use it because it would cause a slowdown, it seems like calculating space takes some time...
Don't ask me of the technical side...but it needs to be coded in the wiiflow, not in the themes.

If there is a possibility to do it without speed issues i am still for it though.

EDIT: I think GX has that option as well, but its off by default because they had the same slowdown problem...they leave it up to the user...

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's the full vid