Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you know if v7 final improves nand emulation over the beta1d version?
I'm trying to get N64 VC games to load past the classic controller screen.
Well it improves it yeah, but not for newer n64 vc, I was testing so many versions for davebaol but none worked...

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry: :sad: :( :mellow: :unsure: :) :lol: :D

It's a matter of time, I'm sure.
The things this community achieves never cease to amaze me.
I'll try to install 38rev17 on an open slot for now, to see if I can get by that way.

Thanks!

MiguelBaptista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Just updated wiiflowiki to v7 final if someone is interested ;)
@MiguelBaptista:
So I don't think you have the latest now :lol:

I again. I am from Portugal. I don't know very much about ios and cios, so i want know how i update my wii with last ios and cios and last wiiflow.
I run the syscheck and the results are:

[img=http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4197/05122011007.th.jpg]
[img=http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5415/05122011006z.th.jpg]
[img=http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4585/05122011005.th.jpg]
[img=http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7813/05122011004.th.jpg]
[img=http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6144/05122011003n.th.jpg]
[img=http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9098/05122011002b.th.jpg]
[img=http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7090/05122011001.th.jpg]
[img=http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2002/05122011.th.jpg]

I think is missing the cIOS 251(58)!

If is possible, make a little guide how i update.

I install the forwarder of wiiflow, and change on HDD the boot for the new, and the wiiflow run, but i have two questions, in the older wiiflow i choose the ios for the game, now not appear, its automatic??
And how i change the options of wiiflow, when i press home button to return to the wiiflow!?!

To delete forwarders is on the wii options delete channel, right? (because when i update the wii, folowing the other guide, i install the USB Loader CFG!

Thanks

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are probably in good shape, but syscheck does not tell us what IOS base was used for each cIOS you installed on those slots.

I recommend you go here, download "d2x cIOS v7 Installer" and follow the instructions under "Installation", starting with paragraph that says "If you are using the installer"...:
wiiflow wiki
You can't go wrong if you do this.

I install the forwarder of wiiflow, and change on HDD the boot for the new, and the wiiflow run, but i have two questions, in the older wiiflow i choose the ios for the game, now not appear, its automatic??
It is. You can get rid of your per-game IOS settings.
Also, at the bottom of the wiiflow wiki notice:
" Be sure to delete gameconfig1.ini and gameconfig2.ini in /wiiflow/settings, all WDM files /wiiflow/codes/wdm, and also your /wiiflow/cache/lists folder! "

And how i change the options of wiiflow, when i press home button to return to the wiiflow!?!
In the wiiflow menu, look for "return to channel" and select the channel name for your wiiflow forwarder (usually "wiiflow").

To delete forwarders is on the wii options delete channel, right? (because when i update the wii, folowing the other guide, i install the USB Loader CFG!
Actually, you should use WAD Manager. Put the wad file you used to install that channel in the SD card, start WAD Manager and follow the on-screen instructions to select "uninstall".

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated using the installer in batch mode and it was the easiest I've ever done.

On a separate issue, will the new 'rev17-like' mode of d2x be implemented in wiiflow?
I'm interested to see if this would fix the VC game issues.

See here for davebaol's comments on it:

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody,

I recently switched from hardmod to softmod (yaay team infectus lol) and everything works perfectly except for my wiiflow.

I'm running the latest iOS's from wikiflow and the latest wifflow version (304 i think) on a 4.2e system with all needed iOS's for a normal softmod.

The problem is that wiiflow doesn't recognize my HDD about 75% of te time, it does randomly work wen i load one backup on the HDD with Backup Manager and i actually played and saved a game aswell, Wiiflow shows the covers etc. etc. and works perfect (tried with both Smash brothers and Final fantasy crystal something) but it doesn't always load... sometimes it just hangs on the wiiflow loading and says i need to put in a HDD, wen i reset the hdd and console (turn off the hdd and remove the usb then reboot and plug it back in) it sometimes fixes the problem but as soon as i load more games on my hdd thru backup manager it doesn't recognize the HDD at all...

HDD is a Freecom 500g, cIOS DX7 final, firmware 4.2e with the USB2.0 cIOS.

Someone please help... I'm pretty much clueless at this point, it seems to semi-support the HDD but that's impossible (i think), it either loads or it doesn't and it did load multiple times.

Greetz

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that I'm asking for too much, but... is there a possibility of update WodeFlow by rwin to the last WiiFlow version?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the latest iOS's from wikiflow and the latest wifflow version (304 i think) on a 4.2e system with all needed iOS's for a normal softmod.

That may be the problem. That is actually an old version of wiiflow.
Go to the wiiflow wiki and follow the link to "Committed Wiiflow Versions", and grab r417.
Some are recommending r415 for stability, but I found that one a bit buggy. There are missing buttons in the menu and a temporary freeze going from page 3 to page 4.

Good luck.

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That may be the problem. That is actually an old version of wiiflow.
Go to the wiiflow wiki and follow the link to "Committed Wiiflow Versions", and grab r417.
Some are recommending r415 for stability, but I found that one a bit buggy. There are missing buttons in the menu and a temporary freeze going from page 3 to page 4.

Good luck.

*Sigh* well that didn't work either but atleast im running the latest version now (not that it works but still lol)
Any other ideas/simulair probs (and hopefully fixes)/anything to really make it work...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just updated using the installer in batch mode and it was the easiest I've ever done.
Ok I see, I packed the d2x pack with the 3.1 installer without testing :P
On a separate issue, will the new 'rev17-like' mode of d2x be implemented in wiiflow?
I'm interested to see if this would fix the VC game issues.

See here for davebaol's comments on it:
It already works in wiiflow, well I only tested it in beta1h and beta1i and it didn't change something. Maybe it does in v7final.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It already works in wiiflow, well I only tested it in beta1h and beta1i and it didn't change something. Maybe it does in v7final.

Hmm, OK, but how do I enable this feature in wiiflow?
Is there an entry that has to be added to wiiflow ini?
Will this be allowed to be specified per/game (troublesome games only, etc.)?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to help me plz? (topic on previous page) but now running the latest wiiflow aswell.

I'm afraid you might have to do some legwork on this one.
I would try reformatting the disk, or even changing the format, altogether (FAT vs NTFS vs WBFS). I understand NTFS is usually the more troublesome one, if that's what you are using.
In the end, some drives just don't work as well as others for this stuff.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does partial vs. full nand emulation mean on wiiflow?

Do either allow me to store the game saves in the real nand while playing games from the emulated nand?

Saint2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to help me plz? (topic on previous page) but now running the latest wiiflow aswell.

I'm afraid you might have to do some legwork on this one.
I would try reformatting the disk, or even changing the format, altogether (FAT vs NTFS vs WBFS). I understand NTFS is usually the more troublesome one, if that's what you are using.
In the end, some drives just don't work as well as others for this stuff.

The drive is Fat32 (recomended) with the normal wbfs folder (wich Backup Manager uses as default).
I checked the compatibility list and there is a Freecom 500g HDD (i think it's the same model, don't think there was another external 500g freecom hdd) in the "Working" section of the list so there has got to be something i'm doing wrong plus the fact that i actually played 2 games (both games were single on the HDD)... if it didn't start at all i'd totally understand that it was incompatible but the fact that it DID start a couple of times and DID work flawless (3 sec wait loading the game) tells me there is something wrong.

I'm not a newbie as it comes to computers, never softmodded a Wii though (I had a chip soldered in like i always did with consoles but it failed thanks to team infectus, discovered the HDD option and well it beats the H out of slowly breaking down your drive with backup dvd's plus it saves alot of money :P)
The weird thing is my samsung story 1,5tb (wich is 100% supported) doesn't seem to work flaweless either... there must be something wrong.

The only thing i can think of is that the HDD has a USB output but a different kind of input (it's not firewire but something like that) but then again if that was an issue it shouldn't work at all...

Thats the thing that bugs me, i played 2 games on it and it worked perfectly, even better then from dvd but the loading is dodgy...

Glad i didn't buy a wode though haha would have been a waste of money softmod does the same plus the HDD would have "mostlikely" been just as dodgy.

Well any tips/trics/previous experience to how to make the dmn thing work are more the welcome :)

I don't mind starting from scratch btw aslong as it's really in-depth and detailed for this sort of HDD.

popodom

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

I'm discovering and trying to enjoy WiiFlow from 2 weeks.
I know that I'll probably ask already discussed questions. Unfortunately I'm looking around without finding any solution. :cry:
If someone can give some advice, it will be great ! ;)

I'm using WiiFlow r417 on a 4.3E Wii. dol is on SD card, the rest on USB1 HDD (settings and nand) in FAT32.
Here are the issues I experienced with WiiFlow (most to less critical) :
- unable to update WiiWare/VC list after adding/removing wad : I tried downloading gamestdb (no effect), removing cache folder (bug report), changing WiiFlow version (bug report), redumping nand (bug report), none of these worked :blink:
- unable to return to WiiFlow quitting a game (I have PriiLoader set to start to System Menu)
- unable to launch any homebrews
- unable to customize homebrew names

Wii Isos work very fine, it's great !!! :D

Thanks in advance for the help, :moogle:

Popo

MiguelBaptista

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hi
I have an HDD Wd500gb in NTFS, with wiiflow and folder wbfs with the games inside, and work fine.
I have some questions.

I folow an guide in portuguese website (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pt&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http://ne-miguelito.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D91%26t%3D82335&usg=ALkJrhiS3ZkInSPgU85sg6J-iAxpwbrDag), but i don't know if my wii is updated, because i think is missing cIOS 251[58], if anyone tell how i can check if i was the lastest updates on wii.
->To install the d2x-v7-final, just need go to MMM and install the wad??
-> To remove a channel from Wii menu, i need remove wad on MMM or erase on Wii Menu options?
-> I already install the wiiflow r417, and worked. I think already make the question, but i don't understand. For example, the Driver San Francisco don't run in old wiiflow, now run. :) but in old wiiflow i can choose the ios to start the game, now in the new wiiflow i can't, why? the wiiflow choose automatically??
-> Is the best r417 ou r415, i read in forum, some questions about witch version is best?!

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxCU5X7eB4