Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow - I've been going on IRC and the newest version of wiiflow sounds pretty amazing. Great work r-win, miigotu, & overjoy!!

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
i tried 222dol of 374 & it shows in the ios settings 222null. the wiiflow update page shows "222 0". very odd as this doesnt happen with any other version. my kids tried the smurfs game & changed the ios to 249 56 d2x v6. the press start & the screen goes black with some error. happened on every ios tried

also i notice that whenever i play a game, wiiflow nolonger exits to wii menu. just sits on a black screen. example. play a game, hit home button, choose wii menu, black screen. gotta hold power button till wii shuts off.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
the-rock said:
i tried 222dol of 374 & it shows in the ios settings 222null. the wiiflow update page shows "222 0". very odd as this doesnt happen with any other version. my kids tried the smurfs game & changed the ios to 249 56 d2x v6. the press start & the screen goes black with some error. happened on every ios tried

also i notice that whenever i play a game, wiiflow nolonger exits to wii menu. just sits on a black screen. example. play a game, hit home button, choose wii menu, black screen. gotta hold power button till wii shuts off.

You may want to try r355 instead until the next official release - it's more stable than r374. r374 has a few problems - you can't run Bully or the smurfs game, and it can't load other cIOS for problematic games like Black Ops.

You can find r355 here.

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
You may want to try r355 instead until the next official release - it's more stable than r374. r374 has a few problems - you can't run Bully or the smurfs game, and it can't load other cIOS for problematic games like Black Ops.

You can find r355 here.

yea thats what i did. smurfs still wont run

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:

You can find r355 here.

yea thats what i did. smurfs still wont run

it could be a bad dump - does it work with other loaders like CFG?

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:

nope. all have same result. now with wiiflow i start the game, ios setting set to 250 press start, the game gets to a certain point then i get a black screen with "metafortreses response" across it. if i set it to 249 it gets past where it would say "metafortreses response" to a screen with the smurfs on it then just a black screen. sometimes no matter how i set the ios for that game or block ios i just get a black screen or "metafortreses response" immediately after i push play from wiiflow. i have yet to be able to get to the title screen of the game

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:

nope. all have same result. now with wiiflow i start the game, ios setting set to 250 press start, the game gets to a certain point then i get a black screen with "metafortreses response" across it. if i set it to 249 it gets past where it would say "metafortreses response" to a screen with the smurfs on it then just a black screen. sometimes no matter how i set the ios for that game or block ios i just get a black screen or "metafortreses response" immediately after i push play from wiiflow. i have yet to be able to get to the title screen of the game

So you tried it with CFG and it didn't work? If so, you should rip it from the disc again, because it sounds like a broken .iso.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, just to throw this out there. sounds like this is a "download" problem.. meaning the game is pirated, mine works fine using cfg d2x 250/56.

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:

So you tried it with CFG and it didn't work? If so, you should rip it from the disc again, because it sounds like a broken .iso.

i have tried the newest version of all loaders i could think of & they all get to a point when the smurfs screen shows, then goes to black screen. no title screen ever shows. wiiflow gives mixed problems as i stated

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:

i have tried the newest version of all loaders i could think of & they all get to a point when the smurfs screen shows, then goes to black screen. no title screen ever shows. wiiflow gives mixed problems as i stated

You need to find another source of links and pirate the game again. If you actually own it, then rip it again with CleanRip. This problem has nothing to do with wiiflow or any of the other usb loaders

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:

You need to find another source of links and pirate the game again. If you actually own it, then rip it again with CleanRip. This problem has nothing to do with wiiflow or any of the other usb loaders

first, thank you for all your help.

second, maybe im explaining my problem wrong because this does have to do with wiiflow. read below

QUOTE(the-rock @ Jul 24 2011, 04:14 PM)

also in wiiflow 355, when i choose an ios setting for any game, there is no longer the default option. which i believe was 222

third, i have rerip the game 6 times using your methods & others. yes i do own the game. well not me, my kids do.

fourth, i posted the other problems (about the smurfs) because the "metafortreses response" only happens in wiiflow. all other loaders give black screen. hope this clears it up. oh, my wii is 4.2u if that helps

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:
the-rock said:
xfcrowman said:

first, thank you for all your help.

second, maybe im explaining my problem wrong because this does have to do with wiiflow. read below

QUOTE(the-rock @ Jul 24 2011, 04:14 PM)

also in wiiflow 355, when i choose an ios setting for any game, there is no longer the default option. which i believe was 222

third, i have rerip the game 6 times using your methods & others. yes i do own the game. well not me, my kids do.

fourth, i posted the other problems (about the smurfs) because the "metafortreses response" only happens in wiiflow. all other loaders give black screen. hope this clears it up. oh, my wii is 4.2u if that helps
well then sounds like your laser is going out, or dirty try cleaning it with a cd lens cleaner, make sure it's for the wii, you can buy them at gamestop for 8$ this could be messing up the dumps. i just got smurfed the other day an dumped it to wiiflow an no problems at all. so not sure other then that is what could be wrong.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
the-rock said:

Something may be wrong with your wiiflow setup... You should still get the "default" option for each game's IOS - only now it should say the IOS number & version after "default".
IME, recent wiiflow builds only run games if I have the game IOS set to "default".
If you know which IOS should play Smurfs then I suggest you use the wiiflow dol that matches that IOS number and set Smurfs IOS to "default".
If you really don't see "default" in game settings then I suggest you delete all your wiiflow app & data from sd and install again from scratch.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
the-rock said:

A lot of people, including myself, have this problem with r374. R355 works for me.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only way i could get r374 to work as to use a ntfs partition.
If i used a fat32 it would code dump every time when switching ios version in game settings but worked fine with ntfs

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
the-rock said:

Something may be wrong with your wiiflow setup... You should still get the "default" option for each game's IOS - only now it should say the IOS number & version after "default".
IME, recent wiiflow builds only run games if I have the game IOS set to "default".
If you know which IOS should play Smurfs then I suggest you use the wiiflow dol that matches that IOS number and set Smurfs IOS to "default".
If you really don't see "default" in game settings then I suggest you delete all your wiiflow app & data from sd and install again from scratch.

i have always been using wiiflow 222.dol. smurfs uses ios56. not sure which one i need.

EDIT: i tried all dols. game still wont run

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention. the "default" option. does show for each game. but, if i change it to something else or just scroll through them , the "default" option is gone. so if i use wiiflow 222dol, then change in game ios, "default" option is gone. this is in wiiflow 355 & 374. but in 374 it does show ios number & version after "default" but like the 355 it is gone when i chane in game ios. also in 374, wiiflow 222dol it shows in the ios settings 222null. the wiiflow update page shows "222 0"

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohanPG said:
I've installed WiiFlow on my Wii 4.3, but Monster Hunter tri still gives the black screen and beep after starting the game.
What could I've done wrong?

From the wiiflow wiki

"Requires base 37 or 56 to work properly."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol