Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jbogart1973 said:
ok so if im reading this correctly wooflow isnt the best loader any more ... at this time .. in that case which is ?
so you are asking this in the wiiflow section? you could have just started a new topic to ask. yes IMO wiiflow is the best an still is. it's on hold cause of what has happened involving one of it's devs.( get well soon overjoy.) but being someone who doesn't hold a grudge, if you need to now cfg is the next best one. but wiiflow will be on top as soon as it's going again.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Keep yourselfs posted here...its in development again...big changes are coming..

People that still support Wiiflow are gonna like it hopefully...

(if you are curious, visit the IRC channel..you maybe will get a hint of what new features Wiiflow will have)

Greetz Etheboss.

jbogart1973

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shortz1994 said:
jbogart1973 said:
ok so if im reading this correctly wooflow isnt the best loader any more ... at this time .. in that case which is ?
so you are asking this in the wiiflow section? you could have just started a new topic to ask. yes IMO wiiflow is the best an still is. it's on hold cause of what has happened involving one of it's devs.( get well soon overjoy.) but being someone who doesn't hold a grudge, if you need to now cfg is the next best one. but wiiflow will be on top as soon as it's going again.
thank you so much for this info and i aploogize for not starting a new thread it seemed this was the tread to ask about wiiflow since that was the topic originally
smile.gif
thx again

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
The uploaded beta has not the cache fixed in it. That I fixed in a later rev.

Also to whomever says wiiflow is on hold is majorly mistaken. I dont want to hear about bugs in this stage as we are in a feature adding stage before we go back to bugfixing. Atm we have fixed some major freezing and memory problems and.... drum roll please?.....

I have gotten nand emu working in wiiflow. Atm im still combing the code and adding hooking/patching/cheats... even for channels on real nand. Wiiflow will have the same if not BETTER compatibility as mighty channels, since i used alot of code from there as a base and rewrote it, fixing some obvious bugs in the original code along the way. It has been noted that wiiflow "seems" to boot games off of emunand a bit faster and some games are emulated better? Wiiflow supports already emunand on any fat32 partition on sd or usb, selectable from the menu, and the nand can be in any folder. There will be a feature eventually to create a nand backup from within wiiflow, as well as a wad installer to whatever nand is active, including real nand.

There is also a d2x only version of wiiflow I have created this month, upon the hopes that d2x v7 will fix the lag in online games SOME ppl experience... all of the old unneeded code and patches are removed in it, along with removed support for old cios.

Also since i fixed the memory problem and the linker script in wiiflow, wiiflow now works compressed, this makes wiiflow into a 1.69MB powerhouse of a tiny dol.

Also, even though r-win is on vacation he is working on a huge patch that combines wiiflow and wodeflow into one application.

Our goal is to only release 1 version of wiiflow and combine all of the efforts into the main program. No more "which version should i install?". Then we can focus on that 1 version being the best, most complete, most stable application around.

In the end I hope the freeleechers finally start feeling guilty for not supporting the developers through donation.

Have fun with wiiflow atm, but expect huge improvements and enhancements that have been awaited for years.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
Also to whomever says wiiflow is on hold is majorly mistaken. I dont want to hear about bugs in this stage as we are in a feature adding stage before we go back to bugfixing. Atm we have fixed some major freezing and memory problems and....
Our goal is to only release 1 version of wiiflow and combine all of the efforts into the main program. No more "which version should i install?". Then we can focus on that 1 version being the best, most complete, most stable application around.
Have fun with wiiflow atm, but expect huge improvements and enhancements that have been awaited for years.
quite the teaser
smile.gif
...is there an approximate time-frame your shooting for for release of wiiflow 2.2-final?

i have had little luck with any beta d2x rev (i've compiled many >r355)...so i'm extra excited for a d2x-wiiflow with r228 stability....

keep up the good work!

p.s....i'm happy to beta test when the time comes....i'll be watching the IRC....

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
mugotu said:

Also to whomever says wiiflow is on hold is majorly mistaken. I dont want to hear about bugs in this stage as we are in a feature adding stage before we go back to bugfixing. Atm we have fixed some major freezing and memory problems and.... drum roll please?.....

I have gotten nand emu working in wiiflow. Atm im still combing the code and adding hooking/patching/cheats... even for channels on real nand. Wiiflow will have the same if not BETTER compatibility as mighty channels, since i used alot of code from there as a base and rewrote it, fixing some obvious bugs in the original code along the way. It has been noted that wiiflow "seems" to boot games off of emunand a bit faster and some games are emulated better? Wiiflow supports already emunand on any fat32 partition on sd or usb, selectable from the menu, and the nand can be in any folder. There will be a feature eventually to create a nand backup from within wiiflow, as well as a wad installer to whatever nand is active, including real nand.

There is also a d2x only version of wiiflow I have created this month, upon the hopes that d2x v7 will fix the lag in online games SOME ppl experience... all of the old unneeded code and patches are removed in it, along with removed support for old cios.

Also since i fixed the memory problem and the linker script in wiiflow, wiiflow now works compressed, this makes wiiflow into a 1.69MB powerhouse of a tiny dol.

Also, even though r-win is on vacation he is working on a huge patch that combines wiiflow and wodeflow into one application.

In the end I hope the freeleechers finally start feeling guilty for not supporting the developers through donation.

Awesome news! Wiiflow back on top!

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fishears said:
mugotu said:

Awesome news! Wiiflow back on top!
+5.. sorry i have been one of the ones saying it's on hold for the moment,(overjoy).didn't know you were still in the game sorry, i thought it was just overjoy and r-win doing the code work,an the bata testers.
glad to see your still involved with the development with wiiflow. this IS the only loader i use. no joking , it's the easiest one for my son an wife to use. i've played with the others but there is always some thing missing. an i find it in wii flow. great job as always.
yaywii.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shortz1994 said:
+5.. sorry i have been one of the ones saying it's on hold for the moment,(overjoy).didn't know you were still in the game sorry, i thought it was just overjoy and r-win doing the code work,an the bata testers.
glad to see your still involved with the development with wiiflow. this IS the only loader i use. no joking , it's the easiest one for my son an wife to use. i've played with the others but there is always some thing missing. an i find it in wii flow. great job as always.
yaywii.gif
Humm, i regret to say that OverjoY is still recuperating from his accident..and we don't know if or when he comes back.
If you read this OverjoY (sorry guys, doing this in Dutch): Ik wens je heel veel sterkte en ik hoop dat je snel beter bent.

...But Miigotu is back and doing great stuff for Wiiflow again..together with r-win.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was really looking forward to OverjoY's work the most =/ I was hoping to see an advancement in the NAND emulation department. Perhaps even more so than that in his joyflow loader. All the best in getting well first though!

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Elegant said:
I was really looking forward to OverjoY's work the most =/ I was hoping to see an advancement in the NAND emulation department. Perhaps even more so than that in his joyflow loader. All the best in getting well first though!

From the IRC chatter, sounds like NAND emulation is almost completely working, and the work left to do is mostly just adding in existing stuff like code handling and the apploader (only necessary for a few games). 2.2 is gonna be legen

...wait for it...

DARY

the-rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried 222dol of 374 & it shows in the ios settings 222null. the wiiflow update page shows "222 0". very odd as this doesnt happen with any other version. my kids tried the smurfs game & changed the ios to 249 56 d2x v6. the press start & the screen goes black with some error. happened on every ios tried

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Etheboss said:
Humm, i regret to say that OverjoY is still recuperating from his accident..and we don't know if or when he comes back.
If you read this OverjoY (sorry guys, doing this in Dutch): Ik wens je heel veel sterkte en ik hoop dat je snel beter bent.

...But Miigotu is back and doing great stuff for Wiiflow again..together with r-win.

What happened to OverjoY ?

@Miigotu: WOW you are really on fire. Great new features, looking forward to it. Thanks.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Id like to know how can I move the disc channel to another spot on the wii menu and put a wiiflow channel in its place??? Thanks in advance!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
Ok, Id like to know how can I move the disc channel to another spot on the wii menu and put a wiiflow channel in its place??? Thanks in advance!

You need to have priiloader installed and then enable the hack for "move disc channel"

Once its enabled you can press A+B on the wii remote while pointing on the disc channel and move it.
Then replace it with wiiflow channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y