Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CarbonX13 said:
Is auto-booting to WiiFlow after quitting a game disabled when using IOS56rev20? I had that option when I was on IOS38rev17 but it appears to be gone now.

use rev 19 for best compatibility or wait till rev 21 is released

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dent said:
Wiiflow 2.2 beta available for download: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list
Actually, it's alpha. Not beta.
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CarbonX13 said:
Is auto-booting to WiiFlow after quitting a game disabled when using IOS56rev20? I had that option when I was on IOS38rev17 but it appears to be gone now.
Nope, should be there. It's in the general options, and in the game specific options. In the general options you can choose a channel. in the game specific options you can only enable or disable it. I think it should be on page 3, bottom option.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
Dent said:
Wiiflow 2.2 beta available for download: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list
smile.gif

It's painful. I had a plethora of code dumps when downloading art -- seemed to catch issues with the .wfc files.
frown.gif
Reverted back to r180 for now.

I noticed the download for it was pulled (as well as the initial r92(?)) -- luckily I had a backup of r180 floating around since I couldn't find anything of the 2.x nature on the site anymore.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EtherealX said:
r-win said:
Dent said:
smile.gif

It's painful. I had a plethora of code dumps when downloading art -- seemed to catch issues with the .wfc files.
frown.gif
Reverted back to r180 for now.

I noticed the download for it was pulled (as well as the initial r92(?)) -- luckily I had a backup of r180 floating around since I couldn't find anything of the 2.x nature on the site anymore.
Yep, bad rev, something went completely wrong, but expect a stable soon on the site.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
r-win said:
CarbonX13 said:
Nope, should be there. It's in the general options, and in the game specific options. In the general options you can choose a channel. in the game specific options you can only enable or disable it. I think it should be on page 3, bottom option.
When on IOS56rev20, there are only 3 options on one of the pages, the bottom one is supposed the auto-booting back to the WiiFlow channel option, but it has vanished.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CarbonX13 said:
When on IOS56rev20, there are only 3 options on one of the pages, the bottom one is supposed the auto-booting back to the WiiFlow channel option, but it has vanished.
There is no code (anymore) to hide those buttons. Are you sure it's not an old revision? (Just to make sure it's an issue)

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching for this problem, but didn't come up with anything. I recently tried one of the newer revs so I deleted everything program related and allowed the program to set all the directories and files needed. Next I exited and came back in. Tried to download covers and am told that Network initialization failed. If I check the upgrade page, I get the same. I tried various revs back to 181, which is able to connect to the internet and get covers and check for upgrades. Tried in program upgrade, worked fine and I went back in to find.... network initialization failed. Go back to 181, internet is good.

I'm using a wired network adapter, not the wifi (had issues with dropping online play before), running 249r19b38 and the r249 version. Any thoughts? Did I mess it up somewhere? Thanks again.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
r-win said:
CarbonX13 said:

This means you have an old rev that returnto did not work on the 50 series bases. Update to the version on the google code page, or 228 in the updater and your good t go.

QUOTE(schroder08 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:13 PM)
I tried searching for this problem, but didn't come up with anything. I recently tried one of the newer revs so I deleted everything program related and allowed the program to set all the directories and files needed. Next I exited and came back in. Tried to download covers and am told that Network initialization failed. If I check the upgrade page, I get the same. I tried various revs back to 181, which is able to connect to the internet and get covers and check for upgrades. Tried in program upgrade, worked fine and I went back in to find.... network initialization failed. Go back to 181, internet is good.

I'm using a wired network adapter, not the wifi (had issues with dropping online play before), running 249r19b38 and the r249 version. Any thoughts? Did I mess it up somewhere? Thanks again.

This is a known issue that the wired adapters seem to not work with the latest libogc, also your internet MUST be set up in the wii settings for wiiflow to use it. Rest assured we will look into this.

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
schroder08 said:

This is a known issue that the wired adapters seem to not work with the latest libogc, also your internet MUST be set up in the wii settings for wiiflow to use it. Rest assured we will look into this.

Cool, then I'll just go ahead and update now that I've got the covers downloaded, and when I install a new game I'll manually download the cover and copy it in. I do have it set up in Wii settings, so I will be patient, all is good. I appreciate the quick response. :-)

djxkape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a quick question . i was running 249 r92 on my sons wii so today i decided to upgrade and when i try to update thru the network all seem to worked until i got the message that wiiflow need to restart for the update to take effect then i got a black screen with a whole bunch or number and such so my guess is it was an error. so i restart the wii and nothing was update i was still on rev92 try it a couple of times didnt work so i downloaded the file from google source replace the old dol with the new one went ahead and started wiiflow but when i went to to check what version i had it said i had 2.1 rev92 so am i doing something wrong?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
djxkape said:
got a quick question . i was running 249 r92 on my sons wii so today i decided to upgrade and when i try to update thru the network all seem to worked until i got the message that wiiflow need to restart for the update to take effect then i got a black screen with a whole bunch or number and such so my guess is it was an error. so i restart the wii and nothing was update i was still on rev92 try it a couple of times didnt work so i downloaded the file from google source replace the old dol with the new one went ahead and started wiiflow but when i went to to check what version i had it said i had 2.1 rev92 so am i doing something wrong?

What are your running from? A channel, fowarder or homebrew channel?
I recommend debugging your stuff from homebrew channel you can have as many versions as you like in there...

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djxkape said:

I'm going to preface this with me saying I'm just another user, like you, not associated with the dev team or anything. Just going to go with ideas that pop into my head.

First, I had a similar problem a while back, I'd actually updated the program, but happened to be using a channel that had the dol included instead of a forwarder. This meant that whatever the boot.dol version was I was using, it would only use the one built into the channel.

That's me assuming you're using a forwarder / channel to load it and not going through, say, Homebrew Channel. When I do a major jump, or even a minor one, I would delete the directory structure and allow it to rebuild it. There shouldn't be much that would be a pain to re do, but I haven't done much with the fanart/trailers/categories etc, so when I redo everything all I have to do is let it re-download the covers. So, that would be my next suggestion.

Ok, sorry, my ADD kicked in and I rambled. Going to try to recap here:

1) Verify you are using a 'forwarder' and not a 'channel'. 'Forwarders' load a dol from elsewhere, 'channels' have the dol built in.
2) Delete the wiiflow.ini file so it can be remade fresh. Updates can sometimes cause issues in there too.
3) More extreme, delete all folders related to WiiFlow, then create a new one in the 'apps' folder and put the newest boot.dol in there

If you are on a wired internet connection, r181 is the highest you can go without losing your connectivity in WiiFlow. If you go higher, you can't download updates, covers, cheats, etc though games launched from higher do work (tested with Mario Kart). I went to 181, downloaded all the covers, then updated to the most recent version in system. If you're using wireless, disregard. ;-)

I hope I was able to help, if someone official has something to add, or want me to edit/delete parts/all of this post, let me know (or if you have the power go ahead and do it yourself).

djxkape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schroder08 said:
djxkape said:

I'm going to preface this with me saying I'm just another user, like you, not associated with the dev team or anything. Just going to go with ideas that pop into my head.

First, I had a similar problem a while back, I'd actually updated the program, but happened to be using a channel that had the dol included instead of a forwarder. This meant that whatever the boot.dol version was I was using, it would only use the one built into the channel.

That's me assuming you're using a forwarder / channel to load it and not going through, say, Homebrew Channel. When I do a major jump, or even a minor one, I would delete the directory structure and allow it to rebuild it. There shouldn't be much that would be a pain to re do, but I haven't done much with the fanart/trailers/categories etc, so when I redo everything all I have to do is let it re-download the covers. So, that would be my next suggestion.

Ok, sorry, my ADD kicked in and I rambled. Going to try to recap here:

1) Verify you are using a 'forwarder' and not a 'channel'. 'Forwarders' load a dol from elsewhere, 'channels' have the dol built in.
2) Delete the wiiflow.ini file so it can be remade fresh. Updates can sometimes cause issues in there too.
3) More extreme, delete all folders related to WiiFlow, then create a new one in the 'apps' folder and put the newest boot.dol in there

If you are on a wired internet connection, r181 is the highest you can go without losing your connectivity in WiiFlow. If you go higher, you can't download updates, covers, cheats, etc though games launched from higher do work (tested with Mario Kart). I went to 181, downloaded all the covers, then updated to the most recent version in system. If you're using wireless, disregard. ;-)

I hope I was able to help, if someone official has something to add, or want me to edit/delete parts/all of this post, let me know (or if you have the power go ahead and do it yourself).

i didnt even think about that , im using a channel so the dol i used to make it was from the previous version so maybe thats the problem , thanks alot i'll be doing some work and report back . thanks alot for the help

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djxkape said:
i didnt even think about that , im using a channel so the dol i used to make it was from the previous version so maybe thats the problem , thanks alot i'll be doing some work and report back . thanks alot for the help

Something I didn't think of last night when I answered, a way to check to see if that was the problem would be to launch WiiFlow through the Homebrew Channel. When it starts up check the version. If I recall, you can tell it to look on the HDD by using the + button on the wiimote and pointing it towards the mass storage, but I'm not in front of my Wii atm so I'm not sure. Just wanted to mention that. :-)

djxkape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeap it was the old channel dol that was causing all the headaches lol so what i end up doing a clean install and change the old dol from the channel and added the new one so everything is good . thanks alot guys for the help thats why i love this community
smile.gif

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djxkape said:
yeap it was the old channel dol that was causing all the headaches lol so what i end up doing a clean install and change the old dol from the channel and added the new one so everything is good . thanks alot guys for the help thats why i love this community
smile.gif

Soooo you're still using a channel instead of a forwarder? Your prerogative, of course, so long as you remember what you needed to do to update to this version the next time you update. If that works for you, more power to you, and I'm very glad it's working. :-) Enjoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1