Website
wiisoftmod.dk
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
shareisfun said:
Pakatus said:
shareisfun said:
How long does it take for your wiiflow to boot? From i see the please wait and I see the games there goes 10 seconds, is this normal?

Wich ios are you running on wiiflow?

I'm running 249 and my hdd is wbfs

\\edit

tried to use 222 and now i'm down to 5 seconds
smile.gif
is that not ok?

Faster config i've got was cIOSrev19 with fat32 disk and cIOSrev17 with wbfs disk.
Depends on users i guess.
Booting from usb or SD?

I'm booting from sd and using cIOSrev19 so you'r saying that if i install rev17 it will get even faster?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
so wait, drive needs to be reformatted and all games installed again? is there a way to disable fat31 check on wiiflow?
can you up a default wiiflow.ini please

Didnt said that. Said i had that issue...and fixed that way.
All you need to is remove wiiflow.ini from usb and add the line data_on_usb=no

QUOTE(shareisfun @ Jul 9 2010, 01:31 PM) I'm booting from sd and using cIOSrev19 so you'r saying that if i install rev17 it will get even faster?

It worked faster for me. But depends from where you booting.
I realized that from usb is slower that from sd card. (i'm meaning \wiiflow\ folder location)

tourist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etheboss said:
I just updated the GBA page USB_Loader_Releases.
I udated what i knew but not everything...
Could somebody, check the info about Wiiflow and correct it when neccesary?

I think it needs furter updating...

Is the current official release downloaded r86 or r87? It did not mention on the table.
Thanks.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
ganons said:
so wait, drive needs to be reformatted and all games installed again? is there a way to disable fat31 check on wiiflow?

I know you didnt, i misinterpreted. Wiiflow is not making a ini file so I cant do any changes. Can you please upload a default ini please?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:
Pakatus said:
ganons said:

I know you didnt, i misinterpreted. Wiiflow is not making a ini file so I cant do any changes. Can you please upload a default ini please?

is wiiflow on sd or usb?

if its on the sd but if you have a FAT32 partition on your HDD and boot wiiflow from sd without adding the data_on_usb=no first then the .ini file is still created on the HDD in app/wiiflow

anyway heres a .ini with the added line for SD users, place in the same folder as the boot.dol (SD://app/wiiflow/)

CODE
[ GENERAL]
allow_texture_compression=yes
alphabetic_search_on_plus_minus=no
box_mode=yes
cat1=Category 1
cat10=Category 10
cat11=Category 11
cat2=Category 2
cat3=Category 3
cat4=Category 4
cat5=Category 5
cat6=Category 6
cat7=Category 7
cat8=Category 8
cat9=Category 9
category=0
category_on_start=no
cheat=no
compress_cache=no
cover_buffer=120
current_game=
data_on_usb=no
dir_bca=sd:/apps/wiiflow/codes
dir_box_covers=sd:/apps/wiiflow/boxcovers
dir_cache=sd:/apps/wiiflow/cache
dir_cheat=sd:/apps/wiiflow/codes
dir_fanart=sd:/apps/wiiflow/fanart
dir_flat_covers=sd:/apps/wiiflow/covers
dir_music=sd:/apps/wiiflow/music
dir_themes=sd:/apps/wiiflow/themes
dir_trailers=sd:/apps/wiiflow/trailers
dir_txtcheat=sd:/apps/wiiflow/txtcodes
dir_wip=sd:/apps/wiiflow/codes
error_002_fix=yes
exit_to_wii_menu=no
favorites_on_startup=no
fbi=no
game_language=0
hidechannelsbutton=no
insertnamehere=
install_directory=yes
keep_png=yes
language=ENGLISH
last_cf_mode=1
max_fsaa=5
numcategories=12
parent_code=
partition=WBFS1
randomize_music=yes
returnto=
rumble=yes
sort=0
sound_volume_bnr=255
sound_volume_coverflow=255
sound_volume_gui=255
sound_volume_music=255
theme=CARBONIK
tv_height=480
tv_width=690
tv_x=0
tv_y=0
video_mode=0

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have been using a USB disk ok with one fat and one WBFS partition. Decided to move it all to a fat32 partition. Used Backup manager to move the games off, reformatted using the format gui mention in the wiki then moved the games back into a single folder called wbfs.
I then fired up Wiiflow and it did not give me the option to choose the fat partition so I edited the ini file with partition=FAT1, this allowed me to see the games ok but everytime I try and launch one I get disc_setusb failed.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
guiformat doesnt update the partition information on the drive. This is causing problems with ppls setup by following this advice. Use a partition manager (like gparted live CD) to create a new fat32 partition set as active and primary, then use Wii Backup Manager to format it to fat32, and Wii Backup Manager to also add the games.

data_on_usb=no only needs to be in the ini for initial boot for setting the paths, once the paths are set this setting is automatically removed by wiiflow. Where wiiflow looks for wiiflow.ini is the important thing, and pretty much the data folders will be created wherever it finds a wiiflow.ini that isnt 0 length. Having more than 1 wiiflow ini will cause problems, simple as that.

I'm planning on changing this behavior again since its really annoying me how wiiflow does this and causes so much frustration.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

I have been using a USB disk ok with one fat and one WBFS partition. Decided to move it all to a fat32 partition. Used Backup manager to move the games off, reformatted using the format gui mention in the wiki then moved the games back into a single folder called wbfs.
I then fired up Wiiflow and it did not give me the option to choose the fat partition so I edited the ini file with partition=FAT1, this allowed me to see the games ok but everytime I try and launch one I get disc_setusb failed.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
hmm, had that to, not sure what was causing it...
You can check/try two things:
1. take out the sd card (if there is one inserted).
2. Change the name of the wiiflow folder (where the dol is) to "wiiflow".
One of those solved it for me, not sure which...before i had the error, after those two changes not anymore.

edit: did not see the post from miigotu until after i posted this, anyway, above comment solved it for me..

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, due to constant requests and complaints about how difficult it is to set up wiiflow in some situations, and trouble with the downloader, I have changed the code detailing where certain things must be and the defaults.
[*]wiiflow.ini language.ini and titles.ini must ALWAYS be in the same folder as boot.dol now[*]by default, all other folders will be created on the SAME DRIVE as boot.dol but in drive:/wiiflow
(This means if you are full sd you just put the dol in SD and run it, no editting the ini)
If you want to override it you must set data_on_usb to yes if you want data on usb when boot.dol is on SD, or data_on_usb=no if you want data on SD when boot.dol is on USB
*wiiflow.ini WILL be created on boot in the same folder as boot.dol no matter what if one is not found there, any other wiiflow.ini is NULL. (move your current ini's there)

This prevents the issue of ppl with full ntfs drives and ppl with full wbfs drives having issues setting up wiiflow.
Also full SD or Full USB is simply add the dol and go now, no need to create a wiiflow.ini.
It also stops ppl from having issues with the updater. before there were situations when boot.dol was on sd, but the app tried to save boot.dol to ntfs or wbfs.

I hope everyone agrees that this is good for all of us, even though it may cause a few of use to have to move our files and set paths again (or just reinstall)

This update is available as r91 on the updater or on googlecode.

2.1a (r91)
Updater fixed, new path setting:

grox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:

Can anybody tell me how to download this latest release??? Is there a dol to download????
I'm on the latest download (R86), which is in the downloadsection on the google page

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
grox said:
mugotu said:

Can anybody tell me how to download this latest release??? Is there a dol to download????
I'm on the latest download (R86), which is in the downloadsection on the google page
Check the post before this, I just posted links to the new packages I just put up on googlecode. They contain all 5 themes updated. Also, you can use the built in updater to get these releases, Just make sure you change the rev to DL when the menu shows or you wont get the one that is selected by default.

With this new version read what I said in the last post. Some things have changed.

grox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:
grox said:
mugotu said:

Check the post before this, I just posted links to the new packages I just put up on googlecode. They contain all 5 themes updated. Also, you can use the built in updater to get these releases, Just make sure you change the rev to DL when the menu shows or you wont get the one that is selected by default.

With this new version read what I said in the last post. Some things have changed.

downloaded the lastest version, copied all files to SD card and opened the ? button, in here he's still showing me R86. When I click system it gives me new update available, but no button to download. What am I doing wrong?

divi90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mugotu said:
OK, due to constant requests and complaints about how difficult it is to set up wiiflow in some situations, and trouble with the downloader, I have changed the code detailing where certain things must be and the defaults.
[*]wiiflow.ini language.ini and titles.ini must ALWAYS be in the same folder as boot.dol now[*]by default, all other folders will be created on the SAME DRIVE as boot.dol but in drive:/wiiflow
(This means if you are full sd you just put the dol in SD and run it, no editting the ini)
If you want to override it you must set data_on_usb to yes if you want data on usb when boot.dol is on SD, or data_on_usb=no if you want data on SD when boot.dol is on USB
*wiiflow.ini WILL be created on boot in the same folder as boot.dol no matter what if one is not found there, any other wiiflow.ini is NULL. (move your current ini's there)

This prevents the issue of ppl with full ntfs drives and ppl with full wbfs drives having issues setting up wiiflow.
Also full SD or Full USB is simply add the dol and go now, no need to create a wiiflow.ini.
It also stops ppl from having issues with the updater. before there were situations when boot.dol was on sd, but the app tried to save boot.dol to ntfs or wbfs.
great work mugotu thanks for the fix
yaywii.gif

but the 250 is rev86

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
grox said:
mugotu said:
grox said:
mugotu said:

downloaded the lastest version, copied all files to SD card and opened the ? button, in here he's still showing me R86. When I click system it gives me new update available, but no button to download. What am I doing wrong?
idk anything about your setup, maybe you installed the dol as autoboot in priiloader? or maybe you have a wiiflow install on usb? Let me check my links in my post lol.
What version did you try to DL?

@Divi, nah I just checked version 250 and its not r86, its r91. I think you guys are accidentally not copying files right lol, or openning the wrong zip since they have the same names. I should put rev #'s in the zip file names next time.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
is wiiflow on sd or usb?

if its on the sd but if you have a FAT32 partition on your HDD and boot wiiflow from sd without adding the data_on_usb=no first then the .ini file is still created on the HDD in app/wiiflow

anyway heres a .ini with the added line for SD users, place in the same folder as the boot.dol (SD://app/wiiflow/)

Code:
[ GENERAL]
box_mode=yes
cat1=Category 1
cat10=Category 10
cat11=Category 11
cat2=Category 2
cat3=Category 3
cat4=Category 4
cat5=Category 5
cat6=Category 6
cat7=Category 7
cat8=Category 8
cat9=Category 9
category=0
category_on_start=no
cheat=no
compress_cache=no
cover_buffer=120
current_game=
data_on_usb=no
error_002_fix=yes
exit_to_wii_menu=no
favorites_on_startup=no
fbi=no
game_language=0
hidechannelsbutton=no
insertnamehere=
install_directory=yes
keep_png=yes
language=ENGLISH
last_cf_mode=1
max_fsaa=5
numcategories=12
parent_code=
partition=WBFS1
randomize_music=yes
returnto=
rumble=yes
sort=0
sound_volume_bnr=255
sound_volume_gui=255
sound_volume_music=255
theme=CARBONIK
tv_height=480
tv_width=690
tv_x=0
tv_y=0
video_mode=0

thanks for the ini, will try.
wiiflow is made into a chennel from starnight chnannel version 1.1 which worked perfectly. new dol injected by customizemii 3
funny thing is no ini file is being made on sd or usb

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
pepxl said:
is wiiflow on sd or usb?

Code:
[ GENERAL]
box_mode=yes
cat1=Category 1
cat10=Category 10
cat11=Category 11
cat2=Category 2
cat3=Category 3
cat4=Category 4
cat5=Category 5
cat6=Category 6
cat7=Category 7
cat8=Category 8
cat9=Category 9
category=0
category_on_start=no
cheat=no
compress_cache=no
cover_buffer=120
current_game=
data_on_usb=no
error_002_fix=yes
exit_to_wii_menu=no
favorites_on_startup=no
fbi=no
game_language=0
hidechannelsbutton=no
insertnamehere=
install_directory=yes
keep_png=yes
language=ENGLISH
last_cf_mode=1
max_fsaa=5
numcategories=12
parent_code=
partition=WBFS1
randomize_music=yes
returnto=
rumble=yes
sort=0
sound_volume_bnr=255
sound_volume_gui=255
sound_volume_music=255
theme=CARBONIK
tv_height=480
tv_width=690
tv_x=0
tv_y=0
video_mode=0

thanks for the ini, will try.
wiiflow is made into a chennel from starnight chnannel version 1.1 which worked perfectly. new dol injected by customizemii 3
funny thing is no ini file is being made on sd or usb
Did you read that I just changed this in the last update? data_on_usb=no is not needed anymore running from SD. You need srsly tho to sotp using it installed in a channel, you cant use the updater like that it makes no sense, and it doesnt know where to create the ini file then. It creates the ini based on the location of boot.dol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Temp is back back again
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why were servers down?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because it was telling a friend
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, telling what?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Maintenance most likely.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, understandable
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hopefully it wasn't a DDoS attack.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i was already believing that was the reason it was down
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night