Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi...first of all..Thanks for this aplication and for making it work wtih fat and ntfs formats...

I have tried wiifow 2.1 (ios222) for playing my backups with my new hard disk in ntfs format....and i have several questions....

1:I tried version 2.0 and it really worked well....I updated "fresh"..i rename wiifow to wiiflow.test ...;i copy and paste the new wiifow folder(from version 2.1) and i copied and paste from v.2.0 to 2.1 the folders..themes...covers..music etc and language.ini file....
It works well but it freezes 5 or 6 seconds every time i use the options(games and system)...It looks like it needs time to read the wiiflow.ini file for showing me these options...
This didn´t happen in version 2.0...Which is the best version for ntfs hard disk?¿?...I have waninoko v.19 and hermes 5.1....

2:I have 3 .ogg files in music...I always listen one...(the first one)..can i play the second one with any botton..?¿?

3:I found the new update...r.88...It don´t work...it stays..ans stays...but nothing is downloaed...Is the server busy..maybe?¿?....

P.D.:I m really sorry for my bad English.
angry.gif
.i hope you can understand..nore or less....what i mean...
Also...sorry if these are questions for the irc channel...
rolleyes.gif

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
3:I found the new update...r.88...It don´t work...it stays..ans stays...but nothing is downloaed...Is the server busy..maybe?¿?....

it will get fix, just give it time, they know about it already ,

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
MrGreg said:
Skater4599 said:
MrGreg said:
2.1 is better than ever! Nice work r-win and Mugotu. I was wondering if there are any plans to make returnto= in wiiflow.ini a GUI configurable setting? It would be nice if we did not have to manually edit wiiflow.ini at all. Perhaps this could be a setting that allows the user to select from a list of installed channels or pop up a keyboard for data entry. BTW what does exit_to_wii_menu= in Wiiflow.ini control? Does this setting have any effect on the value of returnto=? Thanks and keep up the good work...

There already is/has been a button for that, it selects a list of installed channels, but its hidden to users with cIOS's with 57 base, you cannot use that with that button or channels list.

Skater4599,

The channel button allows you to run any of your installed channels it does not change the returnto= value in wiiflow.ini. returnto= is used to return to wiiflow after playing a game instead of returning to the system menu.
actually, returnto= in [ GENERAL] sets where you return in when leaving a game, which can be any channel, returnto= in [id] sections sets whether to use that patch with that game or not, since some games will bork if you patch them (PoP)

QUOTE(soulfoot @ Jul 8 2010, 08:39 AM)
TLDR: I have to point wiiflow Manually to my ntfs partition every time it starts. How do i fix this

Here is my current set up: 1TB drive with about 900gb NTFS as the first partition (with wiiflow and backups installed on it) and the rest as a 2nd fat32 partition

Dont ask why I set it up that way and i'm by no means married to it (its a long story how i got to this point).

Now i've browsed the boards here and saw someone recommend the fat32 be first but the same post implied that wiiflow needed to be there as well which i sorta beleive not to be the case anymore.

Once i select NTFS within wiiflow i can see my games fine.

thanks for the awesome work you guys do.
Indeed I think this is because your ntfs comes before fat32 on your drive, or your partition table is messed up. Check if a wiiflow.ini is saved anywhere and make sure it says partition=NTFS1

As for these updater issues, the files DID have incorrect names earlier, but they shoulld be downloading fine now. Just make sure there is no line uupdatetxturl= in your wiiflow.ini under general, as it may set the path to the versions.txt wrong. The path was just changed in wiiflow 2.1

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
As for these updater issues, the files DID have incorrect names earlier, but they shoulld be downloading fine now.............................................................................

Just make sure there is no line uupdatetxturl= in your wiiflow.ini under general, as it may set the path to the versions.txt wrong. The path was just changed in wiiflow 2.1[/b]

oK..Thanks...i have updatetxturl=...correctly...but after trying again ,...it was downloaded..it was created a boot.dol and boot.dol backup...but stays in rev.86...
When i try again...nothing happens like before...

It don´t matter good job...really ...thanks for your hard work

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you guys are still working on online updates. I get a "not enough memmory" error if i try to update. Is this normal for now until things get fixed or is something wrong?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
WAIKIKI728 said:
mugotu said:
As for these updater issues, the files DID have incorrect names earlier, but they shoulld be downloading fine now.............................................................................

Just make sure there is no line uupdatetxturl= in your wiiflow.ini under general, as it may set the path to the versions.txt wrong. The path was just changed in wiiflow 2.1[/b]

oK..Thanks...i have updatetxturl=...correctly...but after trying again ,...it was downloaded..it was created a boot.dol and boot.dol backup...but stays in rev.86...
When i try again...nothing happens like before...

It don´t matter good job...really ...thanks for your hard work

There is indeed a bug I verified in the updater. When the menu shows, it auto shows the latest rev selected. If you simply click update it will not DL the latest, but the one before it. I will be fixing this in the next update.

WORKAROUND:
When the selection screen appears, change the version until you get back to the latest version and DL it, it will get the right dol.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
I know you guys are still working on online updates. I get a "not enough memmory" error if i try to update. Is this normal for now until things get fixed or is something wrong?
This may be due to a wrong entry point set by whatever loading method you are using.

shareisfun

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiisoftmod.dk
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
shareisfun said:
How long does it take for your wiiflow to boot? From i see the please wait and I see the games there goes 10 seconds, is this normal?

Wich ios are you running on wiiflow?

I'm running 249 and my hdd is wbfs

\\edit

tried to use 222 and now i'm down to 5 seconds
smile.gif
is that not ok?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
shareisfun said:
Pakatus said:
shareisfun said:
How long does it take for your wiiflow to boot? From i see the please wait and I see the games there goes 10 seconds, is this normal?

Wich ios are you running on wiiflow?

I'm running 249 and my hdd is wbfs

\\edit

tried to use 222 and now i'm down to 5 seconds
smile.gif
is that not ok?

Faster config i've got was cIOSrev19 with fat32 disk and cIOSrev17 with wbfs disk.
Depends on users i guess.
Booting from usb or SD?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
ganons said:
fresh install of wiiflow 2.1 no ini files being generated
pal wii 4.0e
wiiflow ios 249

Check on your usb fat partition.
You should have a usb:\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini.

Take a look here...

http://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki/wiiflow-2-0/faq

First FAQ topic

checked usb dir too. worth another check
evertime wiiflow is tarted it asks for which partition to select. titles list was downloaded but nothing changed

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xabby666 said:
There is any default.ini file for release 2.1 to place in themes directory?

There is one...just doesnt have any coverflow changes i guess
smile.gif

QUOTE(ganons @ Jul 9 2010, 09:28 AM) checked usb dir too. worth another check
evertime wiiflow is tarted it asks for which partition to select. titles list was downloaded but nothing changed

that is because the Filesystem allocation table(Miigotu's going to kill me if i fail this) is not the best in your drive. Had the same issue before reformating repartitioning with EASEUS.
Just add to wiiflow.ini in the partition FAT1 or NTFS1..what suits you better.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakatus said:
that is because the Filesystem allocation table(Miigotu's going to kill me if i fail this) is not the best in your drive. Had the same issue before reformating repartitioning with EASEUS.
Just add to wiiflow.ini in the partition FAT1 or NTFS1..what suits you better.

so wait, drive needs to be reformatted and all games installed again? is there a way to disable fat31 check on wiiflow?
can you up a default wiiflow.ini please

soulfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem (and may still have it but so far so good). My set up was a large NTFS drive with everything on it (games, wiiflow etc) and a smaller fat32 drive that was empty.

Moving wiiflow to the fat32 drive and leaving my backups on the NTFS drive was what at least appears to have fixed it for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it