Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
gitkua said:
Thanks for the quick reply, that makes storage a lot easier... But how do you store >4gig files on FAT32?
They are splitted if they are bigger than 4GB. But maybe you have to set up the App which you use to convert them so that they'll get splitted. You could also load from NTFS, so that the Files don't need to get splitted, but currently loading from NTFS seems broken/buggy with WiiFlow.

And: OMG, you're back
ohmy.gif
? You were abscent for several months...I feared that we'll never see you again, and started to recreate your great theme. But if you still plan to release it (which I realy hope), guess I can then stop working on mine now
tongue.gif

Btw: Have you seen that there is a test version of WiiFlow with Fanart-Support? Just to show it's possible, it's laggy, no overlays, etc....but they started on it
biggrin.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
They are splitted if they are bigger than 4GB. But maybe you have to set up the App which you use to convert them so that they'll get splitted. You could also load from NTFS, so that the Files don't need to get splitted, but currently loading from NTFS seems broken/buggy with WiiFlow.

And: OMG, you're back
ohmy.gif
? You were abscent for several months...I feared that we'll never see you again, and started to recreate your great theme. But if you still plan to release it (which I realy hope), guess I can then stop working on mine now
tongue.gif

Btw: Have you seen that there is a test version of WiiFlow with Fanart-Support? Just to show it's possible, it's laggy, no overlays, etc....but they started on it...
biggrin.gif
Hey! Yeah that theme! I know, I should be working on it. I actually started, but the whole transferring from pc to wii thing pissed me off
smile.gif
I was hoping for a development kind-off thing so I could test in Dolphin or something... but I guess I can start working on it if people really want it!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
gitkua said:
Hey! Yeah that theme! I know, I should be working on it. I actually started, but the whole transferring from pc to wii thing pissed me off
smile.gif
I was hoping for a development kind-off thing so I could test in Dolphin or something... but I guess I can start working on it if people really want it!
Everybody wants it
biggrin.gif
. If you need some help, I'll be more than glad to help you. I realy love the theme, I love it so much that I tried to copy/recreate it based from your Mockup (which wasn't that easy...many parts were missing)
smile.gif
. If you want, I can send you the work I've done until now, maybe you'll like some of my ideas I've done. I'm pretty happy with it, but I would also love to see what your thoughts were
smile.gif
. Though, if you don't want, no prob
smile.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
gitkua said:
smile.gif
Everybody wants it
biggrin.gif
. If you need some help, I'll be glad to help you
smile.gif
. I realy love the theme, I love it so much that I tried to copy it based from your Mockup (which wasn't that easy...many parts were missing)
smile.gif
. If you want, I can send you the work I've done until now, maybe you'll like some of my ideas I've done. Though, if you don't want it, no prob
smile.gif
Yeah go ahead and send it to me! I'll see what I can do! you can send it to gitkua -at- gmail -dot- com

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1TB seagate drive that will work with wiiflow but if i shut the wii off and then turn it back on with the hard drive plugged in the hard drive will not be seen.I have to pull power to the hard drive and reconnect it before the wii can see it again.

I've searched the google code page and can't find a solution but if i set the wii to standby mode on it keeps the hard drive on when the wii is off and when turning the wii back on it will be seen everytime.

I also noticed that when the hard drive isnt seen i can load neogamma and it remounts the drive every single time.

Is there anyway to add the mounting thing that neogamma does into wiiflow?

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
very interested in fat32 support - so I downloaded the latest version but it can't find the games - is there some configuration to do? I note that partition=WBFS1 is in the ini file, does that need to be changed? There is a folder /WBFS in the fat32 partition, which configurable usb loader picks up no problem.

Thanks

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
I have a 1TB seagate drive that will work with wiiflow but if i shut the wii off and then turn it back on with the hard drive plugged in the hard drive will not be seen.I have to pull power to the hard drive and reconnect it before the wii can see it again.

I've searched the google code page and can't find a solution but if i set the wii to standby mode on it keeps the hard drive on when the wii is off and when turning the wii back on it will be seen everytime.

I also noticed that when the hard drive isnt seen i can load neogamma and it remounts the drive every single time.

also notice that it will do a spin up in uloader as well, its a 'nice to have'

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jpref said:
icpmattj said:

also notice that it will do a spin up in uloader as well, its a 'nice to have'

Theres gotta be a way then to incorporate it into other loaders.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
wiimanizer said:
to have the wiiflow channel to work, do i need the .dol file in ALL 4 locations or only ONE of the four?

Just one, the list is the order in which it looks so maybe the first one will be best
do the other boot.dol locations work as well too? cause i already have the ios249 version of the boot.dol in apps>wiiflow, but upon loading it as a channel, it just takes me back to the preloader screen as if it "crashed"

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
Skater4599 said:
wiimanizer said:
to have the wiiflow channel to work, do i need the .dol file in ALL 4 locations or only ONE of the four?

Just one, the list is the order in which it looks so maybe the first one will be best
do the other boot.dol locations work as well too? cause i already have the ios249 version of the boot.dol in apps>wiiflow, but upon loading it as a channel, it just takes me back to the preloader screen as if it "crashed"

Yes all of them should work, Sounds like your using preloader to boot wiiflow? I've personally never used it but if i remember correctly there was an issue with that, you need to upgrade to latest beta 4 of priiloader (I think)

Doctair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiimanizer said:
no, im booting wiiflow from the front menu system. im using a forwarder, methinks. im currently using the light version from here: http://wiiflow.wiitdb.com/downloads.htm

if you are using a forwarder from the system menu, then how can you crash to preloader? Are you meaning you crash back to the system menu? What Rev of the boot.dol are you using?

I have the forwarders from the lite version and no problems with the boot.dol in SD:/apps/wiiflow/.

take a look at some of the changes, there are some fixes for priiloader and USB Drive loading:

http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/list

be aware that the latest Revs load Hermes by default. you will have to go back a few pages to get the cios249 compiled version, or make the change in the code yourself and compile it.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doctair said:
wiimanizer said:
no, im booting wiiflow from the front menu system. im using a forwarder, methinks. im currently using the light version from here: http://wiiflow.wiitdb.com/downloads.htm

if you are using a forwarder from the system menu, then how can you crash to preloader? Are you meaning you crash back to the system menu? What Rev of the boot.dol are you using?

I have the forwarders from the lite version and no problems with the boot.dol in SD:/apps/wiiflow/.

take a look at some of the changes, there are some fixes for priiloader and USB Drive loading:

http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/list

be aware that the latest Revs load Hermes by default. you will have to go back a few pages to get the cios249 compiled version, or make the change in the code yourself and compile it.
well technically, its supposed to crash back to system menu, but i set it to return to preloader...i am using rev25 of wiiflow, the ios249 "flavor"...i have the boot.dol placed on the usb hdd:/apps/wiiflow/

edit: mannn, idk how i can keep up with you guys always updating things pretty fast and often as i have a somewhat busy life and i know you guys have too, but sometimes i don't have the time to always check here for updates and when i do, there are all these things that come out of nowhere that are all new and stuff...crazy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, wanna play online?