Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never tried it, but I think you can with TortoiseSVN. In the Checkout window you can set a revision and see the log.

Rankine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an error similar to emg's error when loading any game on NTFS:

1DRGm.jpg

FYI, both of my partitions can be viewed on Page 7 (NTFS and WBFS). So no problems there.

If it helps, I have many other folders not related to WiiFlow on the NTFS partition, and I don't have any other files/folders in there that relates to WiiFlow besides the designated "wbfs" folder.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a problem with WiiFlow. I'm trying to install a game from a disk to a WBFS partition and I get "Not enough space. 419 blocks needed, -2133527008 available."

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rankine said:
Am I able to specify the directories for codes and txtcodes folders in the ini file? If so, can someone give me the arguments/whatever they're called for it?
Yes, you are. Use the following setting names: dir_bca, dir_wip, dir_cheat and dir_txtcheat, all in the [ GENERAL] section.

Robotic Earthling said:
The only thing keeping me from using WiiFlow as my main loader is the lack of the option to write play times to the Wii bulletin board. Though I suspect it's probably not a very high priority feature to you, that would be awesome if you added it eventually.
yay.gif

Hah, come on. I'll only put time in that as a last resort. Anyway, this only works for *some* people, since you need to return to the System Menu for this to work.

jsugarsmacks said:
I have the same error as emg on all games. I compared his posted error screen to mine and it is identical. I have tried about 20 different games, changed settings and tried again, no joy. I have cios 222v4 and cios 249 r17. I do not have a cios 223 installed and I wonder if that could be the problem.
Hm. It is a very strange issue. I tried looking up the exception of emg, and i seems somewhere in libfat. This is pretty strange, since I've never seen to fail is there. I'll try to look into it before my holiday, but that is pretty quick.

QUOTE(panmusic @ Mar 17 2010, 03:48 AM)
1)What is BCA code support and WIP patches?Is it possible now to play some previously unplayable games with this?(CoD3,Splinter Cell DA.Sam and Max)

2)After implementing the new ocarina,how is it possible to change the hook type from default?
There are certain games that run only with certain hook types...
1. BCA is found on wikipedia, and it can be used to play NSMBW the "right" way (without patch). WIP patches are a way to specify patches in a text file format, made by WiiPower. None of these two handle ios reloading, since there is no such method.
2. Good question: it is not yet possible to change the hooktype, I have to find a page to add this. Same goes for launching with debugger.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r-win said:
1. BCA is found on wikipedia, and it can be used to play NSMBW the "right" way (without patch). WIP patches are a way to specify patches in a text file format, made by WiiPower. None of these two handle ios reloading, since there is no such method.

AFAIK, NSMBW works on WiiFlow without our touching of BCA or WIP, because the corresponding "patch" has been "embedded" into WiiFlow. Right ?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
r-win said:

AFAIK, NSMBW works on WiiFlow without our touching of BCA or WIP, because the corresponding "patch" has been "embedded" into WiiFlow. Right ?
Yep, but NSMBW was just an example.

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R39 works a charm for me, though so did R38. I can boot NSMB on both releases without a problem, I have a 500Gb drive with a 4Gb FAT at the front and 496Gb WBFS for the rest.

In the early parts of this thread there's discussion on using categories, I'd like to do that but can;t seem to work it out, is this something thats not in the latest releases? There was mention of pressing the Fav's Icon with the B button that just takes me back to the main WiiFlow games list??

Also I can no longer change the default layout with 1 & 2, this may be because I removed my "themes" directory, I've dropped in a few themes that have been fixed for this release and they seem to work ok, though I don't particularly care for the graphics in them!
wink.gif

Plasma

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.:Plasma:. said:
In the early parts of this thread there's discussion on using categories, I'd like to do that but can;t seem to work it out, is this something thats not in the latest releases? There was mention of pressing the Fav's Icon with the B button that just takes me back to the main WiiFlow games list??
Well, categories where never a part of the official releases. I think VIP made a customization which included these categories, but he never added the sourcecode to SVN.

QUOTE(.:Plasma:. @ Mar 17 2010, 10:51 AM) Also I can no longer change the default layout with 1 & 2, this may be because I removed my "themes" directory, I've dropped in a few themes that have been fixed for this release and they seem to work ok, though I don't particularly care for the graphics in them!
wink.gif
Well, changing the layouts with the 1 and 2 buttons still works, if you have a theme.ini. Without it, you will not be able to switch. That's not something that's changed in the latest revisions.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
@r-win:

What about newer cIOS support? Wanin's i guess its fully supported in WBFS, but in fat?
and Hermes v5?
Is there a ETA on that?

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
Well, changing the layouts with the 1 and 2 buttons still works, if you have a theme.ini. Without it, you will not be able to switch. That's not something that's changed in the latest revisions.

I guess that got lost while I was wiping everything to start again when I had issues with the new releases. I'll retrieve one from my backup and stick it on the drive, Thanks.

Plasma

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pakatus said:
@r-win:

What about newer cIOS support? Wanin's i guess its fully supported in WBFS, but in fat?
and Hermes v5?
Is there a ETA on that?
Well, I should be able to fix that, but after my holiday. So give it a week or two, three.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
Pakatus said:
@r-win:

and Hermes v5?
Is there a ETA on that?
Well, I should be able to fix that, but after my holiday. So give it a week or two, three.

As much as needed.
Thank you for your effort
smile.gif

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Has anyone managed to try Ocarina codes for PAL DK Jungle Beat( R49P01)?It seems that Wiiflow can not recognize the txtcode nor the .gct file while uLoader loads them properly (and that's why I know that I am not doing something wrong)...
Is it a glitch perhaps?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
panmusic said:
Has anyone managed to try Ocarina codes for PAL DK Jungle Beat( R49P01)?It seems that Wiiflow can not recognize the txtcode nor the .gct file while uLoader loads them properly (and that's why I know that I am not doing something wrong)...
Is it a glitch perhaps?
Cheats are quite broken on WiiFlow...at least the downloading, maybe the rest too (didn't tested this).

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not tried the newer versions (since fat) with cheats on wii games but my ocarina is working great with VIP patch rev 10, i dont have PAL games at all buy my NTSC donkey kong barrel blast ocarina codes work great

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
panmusic said:
Is it a glitch perhaps?
Cheats are quite broken on WiiFlow...at least the downloading, maybe the rest too (didn't tested this).
That was supposed to be fixed with the latest revision (r39). Is it not?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is vip still around at all? He was added to the wiiflow google code devs but have not seen him around since then, has anyone seen him around since then? Would be nice to add his patches (HDD info/categories) into main official releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4