Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Not to be mean, you're doing a great job, and a much stable one too. But slowly, this is going in the direction of USBLoader-GX...I just want an USBLoader which looks nice...and plays games, I don't need it to load Channels, Discs, Trailers, Homebrew, etc. I just need games...Though, that is only my unworthy impression...I still use 2.0, I love it, but I wanted just to say a reminder that slowly it becomes bloated

no disrespect or anything, but i have to agree with blue-k. While im prolly in the minority here, i really dont need/want anything but Wii games launched from the wiiflow menu. Too many bells and whistles is the main reason i steered away from usbloaderGX.

anyways, just my 2cents of opinion. Overall, thanks for keeping Wiiflow up-to-date =)

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People who don't like the new features of wiiflow shoud stay on wiiflow 1.1.
I like the work they are doing. For me i should be a replacement of the systemmenu, so i like al new features.

Keep the good work going r-win and miigotu

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VatoLoco said:
Blue-K said:
Not to be mean, you're doing a great job, and a much stable one too. But slowly, this is going in the direction of USBLoader-GX...I just want an USBLoader which looks nice...and plays games, I don't need it to load Channels, Discs, Trailers, Homebrew, etc. I just need games...Though, that is only my unworthy impression...I still use 2.0, I love it, but I wanted just to say a reminder that slowly it becomes bloated

no disrespect or anything, but i have to agree with blue-k. While im prolly in the minority here, i really dont need/want anything but Wii games launched from the wiiflow menu. Too many bells and whistles is the main reason i steered away from usbloaderGX.

anyways, just my 2cents of opinion. Overall, thanks for keeping Wiiflow up-to-date =)

I'd prefer this discussion not to continue in this thread as its along the lines of "whats the best loader" there is no right and wrong here its all down to perception and how you use the loader. For me the channels are a welcome addition even though currently it doesn't work for me but I think thats more (my) wii related than loader related. I launch from PriiLoader and don't use the system menu if I can help it, so for me Channels is a great feature. Previously I would use forwarder ISO's to get there, this just makes it more complete. As a software developer I agree with r-win's philosophy that the new features will be "optional via the ini" if you don't like them then turn them off. If I coded in this language I would contribute more, but for the moment I'll have to be a by stander.

My basic advice would be ... if you don't like the loader then use another, if you do like it then stop complaining, .. not that I want it to sound so harsh but as a developer I know the time these guy's put in and the un-appriciated effort that goes in to coding something like this. I'm 110% behind r-win and miigotu and fully appreciate the time they voluntairily dedicate to making a fully featured and functional loader that we can all enjoy. There are features I will never use but that doesn't make them them useless, or the loader bloated. I believe the English/Yorkshire term is 'Horses for Courses' and I think WiiFlow is a thoroughbread horse suitable for all courses, tick the boxes you want, and un-tick those you don't! (Just my 2p's worth. [or 2$ if you are in the USA]).

Plasma

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
edg0020 said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

Great release, thanks. I still get the problem with it only playing one song even though there are a number of them in the music folder. They are in ogg format should they now be mp3? If I hear the Chipmunks singing Single Ladies one more time I'm going to scream
laugh.gif

Cheers.

I created a music folder under wiiflow and added a few .mp3 files. I noticed that wiiflow plays the .mp3 files in the same order. How can I make it so that wiiflow chooses a .mp3 file at random.

Thanks

I think it's a bug.

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I copied apps/wiiflow from the archive to my SD, but for some reason, no wiiflow.ini gehts created.
I use the 250 Version but also tried the 249 aswell, neither worked.

any idea why?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
I beleive it was you mattesno1 that i told before you need to exit wiiflow for it to create the ini. never remove your sd or HDD with wiiflow running. it will crete the wiiflow.ini in /apps/wiiflow/

dancemonkey said:
edg0020 said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

Great release, thanks. I still get the problem with it only playing one song even though there are a number of them in the music folder. They are in ogg format should they now be mp3? If I hear the Chipmunks singing Single Ladies one more time I'm going to scream
laugh.gif

Cheers.

I created a music folder under wiiflow and added a few .mp3 files. I noticed that wiiflow plays the .mp3 files in the same order. How can I make it so that wiiflow chooses a .mp3 file at random.

Thanks

I think it's a bug.
Its not a bug, its coded that way. Seriously too many ppl are claiming bugs on things that they simply dont understand. Granted there are SOME bugs, but nowhere near as many as have been reported. Where were these complaints about the same features that HAVE NOT CHANGED since r25? I'm just asking you guys to be patient, wiiflow has gotten extremely popular again seemingly overnight and we are constantly bombarded with new requests and claims of bugs.

As for the people complaining about the new features, all i can say is if you dont like it turn it off, dont use it, or code it yourself. We are serving a majority here, not the minority.

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
sadly enough there will always be guys that have something to nag, i deal with this every single

fucking day, whatever ya code in, they want something else, or dont like it >.<

thumbs up to the coders, your doing a hell of a job
smile.gif

Damian666

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mugotu said:
I beleive it was you mattesno1 that i told before you need to exit wiiflow for it to create the ini. never remove your sd or HDD with wiiflow running.
well, I did exit wiiflow, and of course i never removed my HDD nor SD while wiiflow was running, but the issue still persists. wiiflow does not create an ini file

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
mattesno1 said:
mugotu said:
I beleive it was you mattesno1 that i told before you need to exit wiiflow for it to create the ini. never remove your sd or HDD with wiiflow running.
well, I did exit wiiflow, and of course i never removed my HDD nor SD while wiiflow was running, but the issue still persists. wiiflow does not create an ini file
Oddly it does for our multitude of testers that we speak to everyday. Make a blank one and put it in your apps/wiiflow and be done with it. Seriously, wiiflow r25 was harder to set up than this.

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got it working now:
for some reason I had to set up wiiflow on my HDD rather than SD...

don't really know why that would be, but at least it works now.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that it is a big deal, but is there a way for me to resize channels separately from covers? I kind of want to have channels be shaped like channels.

iiixtream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new release is awesome!!! I really love the channel loading and cant wait to be able to load from emulated nand. Disk loading would pertty sweet also. No need to ever go to the system menu for me anymore.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mattesno1 said:
I got it working now:
for some reason I had to set up wiiflow on my HDD rather than SD...

don't really know why that would be, but at least it works now.
@mattesno1: Wiiflow will default to the hdd, even when creating ini files or whatever files you need. If you have a FAT32 partition on your hdd, it will use it. We didn't change that, 1.1 also had that behavior.

QUOTE(TeenTin @ Jun 21 2010, 04:47 AM) "Download the source from SVN."

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no wonder. When I had wiiflow on sd..It didn't detect the fat32 drive to boot games..
But when I put wiiflow on the usb drive and took out the sd card it suddenly worked..grr confused...

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
I beleive it was you mattesno1 that i told before you need to exit wiiflow for it to create the ini. never remove your sd or HDD with wiiflow running. it will crete the wiiflow.ini in /apps/wiiflow/

dancemonkey said:
edg0020 said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

laugh.gif

Cheers.

Thanks

I think it's a bug.
Its not a bug, its coded that way. Seriously too many ppl are claiming bugs on things that they simply dont understand. Granted there are SOME bugs, but nowhere near as many as have been reported. Where were these complaints about the same features that HAVE NOT CHANGED since r25? I'm just asking you guys to be patient, wiiflow has gotten extremely popular again seemingly overnight and we are constantly bombarded with new requests and claims of bugs.

As for the people complaining about the new features, all i can say is if you dont like it turn it off, dont use it, or code it yourself. We are serving a majority here, not the minority.

Complaining, whos complaining? I did mention this problem with the release of R43. It used to randomly pick an .ogg file from the music directory on start up, now it plays the same one everytime you start it no matter how many are in the music folder. If this is how it works now fine but it didn't used to work like that.

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r-win said:
Wiiflow will default to the hdd, even when creating ini files or whatever files you need. If you have a FAT32 partition on your hdd, it will use it. We didn't change that, 1.1 also had that behavior.
Well, thats good to know, but to my opinion it should also be possible to use the SD card for wiiflow even with a FAT formatted HDD. Of course, using a forwarder channel doesn't make it less convinient to start wiiflow from a HDD, but it's slower and indeed less convinient to run from HBC.
Anyway very nice app you have there. From what I've seen it's very nice looking and ran any game I threw at it.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I was one of those preaching caution on adding new features...I was wrong!

I'm delighted by the features being added, AND how easy they are NOT to use if you do not wish to use then.

If you do not want fanart...simply do not download any fanart, if you do not want trailer videos...do not download them, if you do not want channels, either ignore the single additional button, use base 57...or switch off within the wiiflow.ini.

WiiFlow looks and feels like the original release, but does so much more, and remains fully customisable. I'm also delighted to report the nearest I've found to any bug is the ordering of some games, and I'm sure that is very easy to fix by myself.

I've even began updating my friends Wiis and they are delighted with the upgrade. I'm even contemplating changing a few from WBFS to FAT or even NTFS.

Very nice work.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
mattesno1 said:
Well, thats good to know, but to my opinion it should also be possible to use the SD card for wiiflow even with a FAT formatted HDD.

add the line data_on_usb=no
into the wiiflow.ini

As explained in the original readme text for the 1.1 release.

QUOTEException: If you connect a harddisk with a FAT- and a WBFS-Partition, WiiFlow
will save its files to the FAT-Partition. To avoid this, you should open the
file SD:\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini and add the entry "data_on_usb=no" in the category
[GENERAL]. WiiFlow will ignore FAT-Partitions then. If wiiflow.ini isn't there,
copy the one that has been created on the HDD.

It basically uses the fastest loading method, unless you tell it not to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte