Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Converted my WBFS partition to FAT recently. When I used Wii Backup Manager to move all my WBFS files to the FAT drive, it put them in /wbfs/Title [DISC ID]. When I launch Wiiflow, it says there aren't any games. How to I fix that?

EDIT: Nevermind. Upgraded to 2.0 and it read it right away. I had moved all the WBFS files to the /wbfs folder and removed them from their individual folders. Can I put them back?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
Anyone has a working ini for PoP?
It worked before in r42...but now...gets all black after ubisoft logo.

I know it must be ini related.
You must set the options "disable return to" and "disable dvd patch" in the game specific settings now, it doesnt hard code it anymore.

QUOTE(loesjoel @ Jun 19 2010, 08:14 PM) Converted my WBFS partition to FAT recently. When I used Wii Backup Manager to move all my WBFS files to the FAT drive, it put them in /wbfs/Title [DISC ID]. When I launch Wiiflow, it says there aren't any games. How to I fix that?
delete your wiiflow.ini.. We recommand a fresh install of wiiflow 2.0 if anyone hasnt read that yet, and you wouldnt have this problem.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Damian666 said:
so um... just to be sure...
i should move the whole app folder, with everything in it right?
can i then delete the old stuff in wiiflow in root?
and i would like to install it in my hdd, just move app folder to root there? my channel would still see it?
Damian
Just start with a fresh install like we said. This means delete the sd:wiiflow, usb:/wiiflow, sd:/apps/wiiflow, usb:/apps/wiiflow (optionally you can back up your covers and copy them back in after the install, but it may cause problems also) Then Take the Wiiflow 2.0 zip and open it, then drage the apps folder from that zip into your usb drive in the root. Let it extract and you are done. Hook your hard drive back up and boot wiiflow, exit the app once (so it saves the wiiflow.ini) and boot it agaon. Then get your covers back, and place them in the folder it created in usb:/apps/wiiflow, or download them from inside wiiflow.

Done.

Me and r-win have worked really hard to make this as noob proof as possible. Where the problems come in are totally because of ppl not following directions fully. Notice also that some fixes have been made since the 2.0 release, check out the google page and look at the commit notes.

There are already plans for a Wiiflow 2.0a xD And a list of things to implement to move towards a WiiFlow 2.1.

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, this is actually what i did
smile.gif

but it wont load from fat32, nor ntfs, tahst why i ask.

a normal wbfs hdd works great though ^^

damian666

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
It has worked for over 30 ppl (that ive personally spoken with) already, both fat32 and ntfs. Start by checking your drives and folders. Your forwarder is wrong if it is all set up right and does not work.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damian666 said:
smile.gif

damian666
@Damian, I had the same problem actually, when upgrading my version to 2.0. Seemed that I had to take two additional steps:

1. Remove wiiflow.ini from my SD card
2. Remove wiiflow.ini from my USB:/apps/wiiflow/ directory

Step 2 is mandotary, since it upgraded from the wiiflow.ini from your SD card. Therefor, all your paths and stuff are pointing to SD. For me, it meant that it also didn't show any games. After removing all ini files, it started working right away!

Alkis30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It seems that my problem had to do with the SD card I used (even I formated it) . I changed it with another one and download all covers without any stuck problem !!!

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two thinks:

Casually, in version 224 (base 57) it freezes when in new system menu or in page 7 of the config menu when i select partition.

If i run it in 224 base 60, it show me channel button, but if i click on it appear the "Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any games." windows. In config menu if i click on return to option to select channel it freezes.

Thank you for your beatifull work.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyway to put the box cover above the fanart? When I set it to show the box art the fanart images show over the cover.

Cheers.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mugotu said:
Dter ic said:
yay disc launching will be here soon
smile.gif
Possibly*, no guarantees, and noone said soon xD.
Not to be mean, you're doing a great job, and a much stable one too. But slowly, this is going in the direction of USBLoader-GX...I just want an USBLoader which looks nice (that's why I wanted Fanart) and plays games, I don't need it to load Channels, Discs, Trailers, Homebrew, etc. I just need games
smile.gif
. I also have to say that you do a great job in hiding these features, but still, that's not enough for me. If such big features continue to come, I'll probably have to start to strip down these features from the newest revs (more commits, for example after a feature would be done, would make this a lot easier for noobs like me, btw
tongue.gif
)...

Attention, again: I am thankful for the support of this loader (hell, it was dead for quite a while), I love it, and I love Version 2.0, r-win, mugoto and all the others did a great job, thank you so much, really
grog.gif
! I would love to donate 5 Bucks (sorry, I'm a bit poor on the PayPal-Account) to the Team, and not only WiiTDB, so thankful I am. Though, so "big" features are in my opinion not needed. I would prefer that music fades out while a Bannersound is being played, maybe integrate writing to the Playlog (it doesn't slows down the Booting-Process that much), such small things. Though, that is only my unworthy impression...I still use 2.0, I love it, but I wanted just to say a reminder that slowly it becomes bloated...

Damian666

Coder from Hell
Trophies
Website
damian666.16mb.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
r-win said:
Damian666 said:
smile.gif

damian666
@Damian, I had the same problem actually, when upgrading my version to 2.0. Seemed that I had to take two additional steps:

1. Remove wiiflow.ini from my SD card
2. Remove wiiflow.ini from my USB:/apps/wiiflow/ directory

Step 2 is mandotary, since it upgraded from the wiiflow.ini from your SD card. Therefor, all your paths and stuff are pointing to SD. For me, it meant that it also didn't show any games. After removing all ini files, it started working right away!

well, i now have deleted everything i can find wiiflow related, so ill just start anew
smile.gif

for the fuck of it, im gonna use my sd for now, and see if it will find my fat32 hdd ^^

Damian666

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dancemonkey said:
Is there anyway to put the box cover above the fanart? When I set it to show the box art the fanart images show over the cover.

Cheers.

Open the Fanart .ini file and put a # in front of the hidecover=true line. Setting this to false didn;t work in the beta's maybe r-win fixed it in the final release. So try setting it to false, if that fails # it out.

Plasma

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
.:Plasma:. said:
dancemonkey said:

Cheers.

Open the Fanart .ini file and put a # in front of the hidecover=true line. Setting this to false didn;t work in the beta's maybe r-win fixed it in the final release. So try setting it to false, if that fails # it out.

Plasma

Thanks Plasma, I can get it to show, just the fanart images that come in from the side or top or whatever are on top of the cover.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blue-K said:
Not to be mean, you're doing a great job, and a much stable one too. But slowly, this is going in the direction of USBLoader-GX...I just want an USBLoader which looks nice (that's why I wanted Fanart) and plays games, I don't need it to load Channels, Discs, Trailers, Homebrew, etc. I just need games
smile.gif
. I also have to say that you do a great job in hiding these features, but still, that's not enough for me. If such big features continue to come, I'll probably have to start to strip down these features from the newest revs (more commits, for example after a feature would be done, would make this a lot easier for noobs like me, btw
tongue.gif
)...
I disagree. The features that we add to wiiflow, don't slow the loader down, and do work (!). I think most people want a loader which is a full replacement for their System menu. That's the reason that things like channels have been implemented, while playlog hasn't. The playlog requires you to return to your system menu or it won't work, rendering either the returnto patch, or priiloader with a wiiflow forwarder useless.

Every new feature that we added, can be disabled. Therefor, it shouldn't bother you. Again, most users find it useful, and those who don't can easily either disable it or don't use it. Talking about useless: it's pretty useless to compile a stripped version of your own.

Just my 2 cents.

Btw, about the more commits comment: we choose to have a seperate SVN for all the commits which where leading up to v2.0. From now on, most commits shall be done in the regular wiiflow svn, either in a branch (which will be merged later) or in the trunk.

About the channels button: you can disable it by adding hidechannelsbutton=yes to wiiflow.ini, under the [ GENERAL] section.

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
edg0020 said:
I have a simple question. How can I add cover images for the channel section of wiiflow. There is no option to download so I am wondering if it is possible to manually add them. If it is possible, how can I go by doing so?
You can download them. Go into general settings while in channel view, and download all missing covers. It will download the channel covers. Also, when doing this manually, name the png files in the cover directory according to the channel id (yes, 4 letter id: .png)

Thank you. It worked nicely.

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

Great release, thanks. I still get the problem with it only playing one song even though there are a number of them in the music folder. They are in ogg format should they now be mp3? If I hear the Chipmunks singing Single Ladies one more time I'm going to scream
laugh.gif

Cheers.

I created a music folder under wiiflow and added a few .mp3 files. I noticed that wiiflow plays the .mp3 files in the same order. How can I make it so that wiiflow chooses a .mp3 file at random.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt