Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
And that is the main reason you are not allowed to push stuff into my google code and git, talking about completely wrong things which are just not true, the only reason I paused working on the project is because by now I have so many other wii and wiiu projects to work on and university on the side which also takes up a ton of time. I never said anywhere that I "quit" wiiflow did I?
I never asked to push stuff, and as you know I worked on wiiflow and nintendont for the fun of it and to learn some coding skills.
And good to know that you still look forward to update wiiflow one day, I thought you quit because it has been more than a year since the last update.
Thanks boss for all your hard work :)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it may take some doing, but I feel it is still worth looking into... May per-plugin settings be considered? Right now, the game settings in plugin mode are just "there" containing nothing that has any effect on the emulators that are launched. It would be nice to have settings pertaining to each of the emulators individually.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
And that is the main reason you are not allowed to push stuff into my google code and git, talking about completely wrong things which are just not true, the only reason I paused working on the project is because by now I have so many other wii and wiiu projects to work on and university on the side which also takes up a ton of time. I never said anywhere that I "quit" wiiflow did I?
Its good to know you did not quit to work with wiiflow
You know they are constantly updated, so you may try the link in my sig it has the latest dol and should work fine. I'm using 1054 mmod along with nintendont mmod with no problems since a very long time

P.S> FYI, As for the installation and cover issues it's a known problem for some users even when using the official dol since wiiflow has a memory bug that causes weird stuff. This is mainly what led the devs to quit updating it and adding new stuff
the true I've never had problems loading boxcovers with wiiflow, music, cheats and even games, just copying games to my hard disk and Nintendont

Last edited by Doux91,

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nice i just found out wiiubakcups are working... then i found out wiiflow is still worked on... cant wait to get my wii u again this time im sellin my old one..

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have info on emulator channels that work with a stealthed USB hard disk on the WiiU?

I know Fix94 has WiiFlow and Nintendont working on stealthed drives but I was wondering if any emulator channels like NES, SNES Sega etc can similarly work off of a stealthed HD.

Reactions: mike1

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
with changes of google and github, is there any site to download the official beta versions from Fix94?
R1076 was the latest one, but I cannot find a valid download anymore.

Btw. I still use the great wiki you created.
https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/home
Just awesome. It would be great if some could add nintendont to that wiki.

https://code.google.com/p/open-wiiflow-mod/ is the newer (but still shutting down) repository. The download link on the front page still works.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
never thought about it, but can I disable the homebrew portion? i just installed a Wii in the car and its not really needed.
you can remove the source_menu ini entry and disable it in the wiiflow.ini section iirc, also editing theme ini files might have an effect.

Reactions: VashTS

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi custom roms title with mame roms not working
i have try https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/changing-arcade-roms-titles
name is change but retroarch dont load roms
help me

704998Sanstitre.png

848379Sanstitre1.png

Last edited by pokemonster,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

jordash25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the differences between the latest stable version 4.2.1 and mod1076/1054? Ive had issues with mastermod and want to compile my own setup from scratch. Are there any features that I might miss out on?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Whats the differences between the latest stable version 4.2.1 and mod1076/1054? Ive had issues with mastermod and want to compile my own setup from scratch. Are there any features that I might miss out on?
mainly nintendont support and 1054 uses the older more stable memory manager

Waido

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, sorry for the bad english.
I have a question: can wiiflow start on an specific media source? I'm trying to start wiiflow directly to the snes covers... Thanks in advance.

AlmightyJoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I wanted to say, first off, that I really like Wiiflow, and thanks for creating and supporting it!

However, I do have a question. I have it set up and originally I just had two usb thumb drives with isos on them to run my backups - one had Gamecube isos on a FAT 32 format and the other had Wii isos on a WBFS partition. Both work great and also have the covers and banners. No issues whatsoever.

However, I just recently got 2 more usb thumb drives to hold more Gamecube backups and Wii backups. The first that has gamecube backups is exactly the same as the first usb drive I have with gamecube backups - FAT 32 and just the isos in the root. The second usb has the Wii backups, and instead of being WBFS, it's all isos in an NTFS format.

Here's the issue:

When I plug in these new usbs and load up wiiflow, they don't show up immediately like the other usb backups do, with covers and whatnot, and when I try to download covers or reload the cache to display them, nothing happens. However, I can go into File Explorer and load up the iso files themselves just fine and the games play perfectly as well.

I'm just wondering why only those first 2 usb devices seem to be the ones that wiiflow recognizes and allows me to download covers for, and not the new ones.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks so much. :)

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey you, yeah, some are left, still hanging out at the crib.
Also a happy new year...:toot:

Oh nice you're still around ;-)
Happy new year too man.
I've bought a Wii U to my son this christmas, so I may need some help on finding all that is needed to get Wiiflow to work on it lol
For the moment i'm trying to get at a low price one of these "golden" games to hack it.
See you soon !!

Reactions: Etheboss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY