Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
win32rcbot said:
Doest this usb loader work on Sneek ? I mean for launching backup on FSWB partition as it does on real patched nand (Wanin's CISO rev 19). I mean normal Sneek not +DI one.
The problem doesn't lie in the loader, it's in the cIOS (and a bit in SNEEK). So no, it doesn't work.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great work r-win!
wink.gif

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jodur said:
icpmattj said:
I noticed on some themes the individual game settings screen a few of the options overlap each other so there is no way to use them.

Like the download covers option for individual games is overlapped with something else so it can't be used.

(DarkWii is the theme I am using but other themes do it as well)

Is that a problem caused by the theme or wiiflow?I assume the themes need updated.

Also I'm using the R43 222 boot.dol version and if i go into the individual game settings and try to change the ios to start the game with i always get a message about disc set wbfs failed

Also no games seem to work unless i have the error 002 fix set to on.
I've always had it set to on but i read recently that it was only needed for old cios revisions and not the latest revisions.I'm using CiosR19 and Hermes v4

I noticed the same issue. Also tried to remove the old wiiflow.ini and replaced it with a new empty one. The game setting in the default theme still overlaps.
Only when i delete the wiiflow.ini (so no wiiflow.ini file exsist!) The menu in the game setting don't overlap.

SOLVED!

The themes shoud be updated for the overlapping settings. I was still using R25 with default theme! After i removed the default.ini from the theme folder no overlapping buttons anymore!!!

Nice work R-win!! you rock!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jodur said:
SOLVED!

The themes shoud be updated for the overlapping settings. I was still using R25 with default theme! After i removed the default.ini from the theme folder no overlapping buttons anymore!!!

Nice work R-win!! you rock!

So if i take my current theme(darkwii) and delete the default.ini file from the folder then nothing will overlap in R43? Or are you talking about just the default wiiflow theme?

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
icpmattj said:
So if i take my current theme(darkwii) and delete the default.ini file from the folder then nothing will overlap in R43? Or are you talking about just the default wiiflow theme?

I am just talking about the default theme. All other themes should be updated to work proper with this release!

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Thank you very much for the update. Now using r43 with my NTFS drive, storing covers on USB and able to download covers.

The download progress indicator could use a little work so that it doesnt jump back and forward, plus it seems to save a lot more images that are really needed, or at least displays messages about saving files.

Does it re-download an image for any game without a full cover, even if it already has the front cover?

Being able to play new Prince of Persia with a small ini edit is a nice bonus.

its

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its said:
I am very confused now with WiiFlow

1) Downloaded and tried R43 249 and 222 (don't know which to use)

2) Created a SD:/apps/wiiflow/ folder and put the boot.dol there

3) Ran it.. everytime i do so gives WBFS not found. I have to change it everytime to FAT1. Then it detects games

4) Then I run download covers.. and seems its downloading for 30+ games.. after 20 min it says 0/30 covers downloaded????????

5) There is no wiiflow.ini or folder created either in my FAT HDD partition or on my SD card.. what is it downloading and where is it saving it??

6) Again when I load WiiFlow.. it says WBFS not found.. and I have to choose FAT1.. also no covers of any games..

Have tried both versions.. don't know whats going on..

Any help on this guys!!!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its said:
its said:

3) Ran it.. everytime i do so gives WBFS not found. I have to change it everytime to FAT1. Then it detects games

4) Then I run download covers.. and seems its downloading for 30+ games.. after 20 min it says 0/30 covers downloaded????????

5) There is no wiiflow.ini or folder created either in my FAT HDD partition or on my SD card.. what is it downloading and where is it saving it??

6) Again when I load WiiFlow.. it says WBFS not found.. and I have to choose FAT1.. also no covers of any games..

Any help on this guys!!!

Your probably looking in the wrong place for the ini now.
With older versions the wiiflow.ini was created in sd:\wiiflow or usb:\wiiflow
Now with newer versions the wiiflow.ini is created in sd:\apps\wiiflow\ or usb:\apps\wiiflow
Also once you find your wiiflow.ini file add the following line to it to make it load the fat32 partition upon startup.

partition=FAT1

Also why are you using a sd card and the fat32 hard drive for wiiflow? I would only use the fat32 hard drive and just store all the
wiiflow folders there.It could be that wiiflow is confused because you have all the information on both sd and fat32 hard drive at the same time.

For the download covers issue your having i don't know what to say.I just used wiiflow R43 last night to download covers and it worked fine.
It did take forever to download them but it worked and didn't cause any issues.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
How to get Monster Hunter 3 working with R43 ?
Run it with an ios that uses 37 as a base.

Only you know what you installed as far as cios go so find out one that uses 37 as a base and then in the individual game settings change the ios used to start the game to the one that uses 37 as a base.(It's 222 if you followed xzxero guide from this board)

If you don't have one that uses 37 as a base then reinstall a cios that uses 37 as a base.

its

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
its said:
its said:

Any help on this guys!!!

Your probably looking in the wrong place for the ini now.
With older versions the wiiflow.ini was created in sd:\wiiflow or usb:\wiiflow
Now with newer versions the wiiflow.ini is created in sd:\apps\wiiflow\ or usb:\apps\wiiflow
Also once you find your wiiflow.ini file add the following line to it to make it load the fat32 partition upon startup.

partition=FAT1

Also why are you using a sd card and the fat32 hard drive for wiiflow? I would only use the fat32 hard drive and just store all the
wiiflow folders there.It could be that wiiflow is confused because you have all the information on both sd and fat32 hard drive at the same time.

For the download covers issue your having i don't know what to say.I just used wiiflow R43 last night to download covers and it worked fine.
It did take forever to download them but it worked and didn't cause any issues.

I ran R43 222 and 249

1) It does not create wiiflow.ini anywhere... All I have is SD:/apps/wiiflow folder with boot.dol

2) I manually created wiiflow.ini in that folder with partition=FAT1 but still same issue

3) SD card has the apps folder.. and fat32 hdd just have games.. no apps.. or no wiiflow folder..

4) Tried download cover again.. it says 0/1 file downloaded.. nothing saved anywhere.. looks like its downloading but going nowhere..

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the most up to date place for themes? Obviously with this new revision I have some broken ones. Also I am a big DarkWii fan anyone recommend any particular theme?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
BUG !

R43 222 --> Choose IOS 223 in game setting --> fail !!

They know about this bug already.I reported it last night to them and it was talked about in irc earlier today.
If you use R43 249 you can still change ios without any issues.

its

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
move sd:apps/wiiflow to your fat32 hard drive and then try it again without any sd card inserted into your wii.

Ok That worked.. Thanks
biggrin.gif

now this is what I did to solve my stupid unknown problem

1) Moved sd:/apps/wiiflow to USB:/apps/wiiflow

2) Removed SD card and ran the forwarder. It detects and load wiiflow from USB..

3) This creates the wiiflow.ini and all other folders needed for wiiflow

4) Downloaded 1 cover and it works and saves this time.

5) Moved usb:/apps/wiiflow back to sd:/apps/wiiflow

6) Edited wiiflow.ini and replaced all mention of usb: to sd:

7) Now its working off SD and saving covers as it should and working on partition=fat1

I don't know why I had this problem before..

biggrin.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hermes v5 is supported by wiiflow correct?

Since merging two ios files isn't available for v5 like it was with v4 what are the
suggested/recommended base ios files to install to 202,222,223,224

Right now i have v4 installed as follows

202(38+60)
222(37+38)
223(38)

wipy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Hermes v5 is supported by wiiflow correct?

Since merging two ios files isn't available for v5 like it was with v4 what are the
suggested/recommended base ios files to install to 202,222,223,224

Right now i have v4 installed as follows

202(38+60)
222(37+38)
223(38)

222 -->38
223 -->37
224 -->57
202 -->60

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears