WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by zorglub07, Jan 17, 2010.

1. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Italy
  2. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
  3. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Italy
    yes
    wiiflow.ini
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

sysCheck
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

4. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    I've set up source menu with my emulators.
    However I've got some problems:
    1- In the source menu when I enter GBA roms (I use the vba next plugin) and go back to source menu the GBA icon turns into a star. Pushing B on it turns it back to the GBA icon.
    It doesn't happen with the other plugins.
    2- After adding many emu covers, some of my wii covers are now missing (they were all present before). If I try to redownload 'em I get "out of memory". Could it be that I've them on the SD card? Or is Wiitdb related?
    3- I can't set different scales for emu cover boxes (ie. square boxes for Gb/Gbc, rectangular ones for Genesis and so on). When I ghange cover scales within an emulator, it affects covers on all the others except for Wii games.
    4- I use Retroarch plugins for Genesis, Snes, nes, Gb/Gbc. My roms are mostly in .zip extensions, but after I launch a game and return back to wiiflow I get two copies of that game (the zipped rom and the extracted one). Solution is to not use zips at all and to
    extract all of them, so not a big deal.
    5- I'd like to use the fba plugin instad of separate fb cps1, fb cps2 and fb neo, but I can't find it anywhere. I noticed that in the Source Menu reference table in Wiiflowiki 4 there is a magic number for fb_alpha but it is not present in my plugins (I downloaded the latest plugin pack)

5. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    can anyone tell me how i can add full homebrew covers? what do i name the jpg? i know it will go in boxcovers at least right?

BAAHHH, i should have just tried. it works fine, just in case someone wants to know.

just put the HQ file in the wiiflow/boxcovers folder with the exact name of the folder containing the app. if its for apps/savegame_manager_gx, then your file is savegame_manager_gx.png

OH CRAP and i found a bug. i updated my wiiflow to r883. it some issues so i deleted old ini and made it fresh. i booted wiiflow, changed the settings how i normally have them, went to PC, added nand emu paths and such. when i come back to wiiflow, i lost access to gamecube.

the nand emu was not working, and it would not even display real nand, just the bottom row had settings button and emulators button, everything else was blank. i pressed B on emulators and wiiflow asked to disable or select partition.

when i went back to PC with it, it seems the p in the path= was removed from my initial edit, then replaced by the wiiflow default path. once changed all is well. very weird. i can try to recreate if it helps, but this is the 2nd time it occurred, once on my bedroom wii and once on the main wii just now.

6. drakorex

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    It just doesn't make sense. I used the installer and keep getting the same result.

7. Dustinblack18

Dustinblack18 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    Can I use wiiflow to load super smash bros Melee with AR codes? If so, how do I do it?

8. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Italy
    ID game RMHP08
    I do not know what to say
    here the games work well
    Also in emunand
    only the latest versions does not return to wiiflow

9. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    Sounds like something is wrong with your installed IOS, may reinstall IOS58... oh yea and I changed the IOS patching system slighly, thats why it may doesnt work for you atm

10. drakorex

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I don't think it's the game region. When I install it the way I'm "supposed" to, NO games launch under either ios. Guess I'll have to make a vid, syscheck, etc...

11. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    Hi Fix94 - r883 does make it a lot better but I am still seeing he coverflow SD card loading image from time to time.

Here is the sequence to get it to fail every time...

Start WiiFlow, press B on star to show Categories. Select a Category, click Back. Press the right arrow on Wiimote to scroll over a few pages or press the B on the Wiimote and click the page right/left button a few times until the screen shows the SD card loading. System will hang when you go back to categories and change the category.

12. kineticUk

kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Earth
    I've a small request pls if its ok :)

Would it be possible to add an option to use "external" emulator cores as well as the custom ones that plug in? Those with (argument) support that are installed in /apps or elsewhere on sd/usb.

Could wiiflow also somehow support loading zipped files if kept in seperate folders and providing wiiflow the paths etc, so loading the appropriate core? (give wiiflow the paths to the retroarch core and/or folders of .zips associated with a specific core/system etc)

Hope something like this is possible for future..

13. iancer

iancer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    i had the same prob starting with rev 880, the source menu icon pngs are CASE sensitive now, so double check your source_menu.ini
    @ least thats how i fixt it 4 me ;)

14. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2008
    United States
    Small bug report, not a huge deal really. Using v10 of d2x, if set to force load cios 249 games that use a clock are not right. I threw animal crossing on, every boot it said it was February 1st 2000. Switching force load cios to off, letting wiiflow boot with 58 and reload to 249, the time was then correct. Just thought I'd share my findings

MassiveRican likes this.
  15. brendy03

brendy03 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2009
    Canada
    Since 4.1 I'm finding the video mode of Progressive not longer works. I have to set NTSC, then all plays OK, but of course I no longer get 480 video. With Progressive all I get is a black screen. Progressive mode has worked for the previous couple of years no problem. Any ideas anyone?

16. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 29, 2008
    Italy
    It worked for me too, thanks.
    Also, I fixed those other 2 issues:
    1- solved moving wiiflow From SD to USB partition.
    2- I didn't know that I could set different values of the emuflow string in source_menu.ini

17. matto21

matto21 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2011
    Italy
    r883 vWii
    to return to wiiflow with vWii remove from wiiflow.ini
    force_cios_load = yes
    force_cios_rev = 249
    ln
    force_cios_load = no
    force_cios_rev = 0
    excuse the quality, made ​​with mobile phone

18. Dustinblack18

Dustinblack18 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    Alright I think I should be more specific about my problem. At this point, I got Wiiflow to work perfectly loading Melee from the USB, but I can't get Action Replay codes to work with it at all. I made sure Ocarina was on in the settings, and converted my AR codes to ocarina and made them .gct. I'm not perfectly sure where to put them, so I put them in a bunch of places, including SD:/codes/GALE01.gct (GALE01 being the game ID for melee) USB:/codes/GALE01.gct, I put them in the USB folder I have Melee in, and I put them in the Wiiflow codes folder. None of them seemed to work however. I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious, or just doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

19. ToddofWar420

ToddofWar420 CoverFlow Artist

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    Did you change your hooktype to VBI?

20. Dustinblack18

Dustinblack18 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2013
    United States
    It turns out I've made less progress than I thought. Trying to load it off the USB was not working, it was getting to a certain point very slowly and then freezing. I decided to try to load it off the SD card, so I got DML up and running. I have the iso I want under sd:/games/Super Smash Bros Melee[GALE01]/game.iso, but when I got to Wiiflow and go to the gamecube thing, it says it hasn't found any games and it gives me the option to install a game. I'm not sure what to do right now. Also, ToddofWar, how do I change the hooktype? I definitely didn't do that.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted