Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
hey guys, can't we all just have/use a generic catagories file? I mean like pull genre form tdb or were ever, set up a cat file, and distribute to the masses. bam done? no?
That's what my categories.ini was. I think I have the biggest collection of games and had uploaded a catagories.ini with all the categories as defined by gametdb.

Will do the same once I get a v4 version of it.

I'm sure some can argue that...lol.

what is so special about categories? i've never bothered with them but you guys seem to be going nuts over it. is there a vid of it in action or something?

its just sorting isn't it? why is alphabetical no good?

same as you, never really seen the point of the categories and btw never used it..
but as seam said it could be good for the mplayer plugin
Well one thing worth mentioning in the category stuff is the very handy hide option I like it because I can easily hide the homebrew forwarders in Nand view and just display the games :)

Reactions: 2 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another thing also related to above mentioned issue,
While selecting a catogery for a game "right" and "left" used to go to next/previous game for fast categoring, now right/ left do nothing, up/down codedump.
ha :)
strange mine works fine. maybe you need to do a make clean first before compiling again

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, can't we all just have/use a generic catagories file? I mean like pull genre form tdb or were ever, set up a cat file, and distribute to the masses. bam done? no?
That's what my categories.ini was. I think I have the biggest collection of games and had uploaded a catagories.ini with all the categories as defined by gametdb.

Will do the same once I get a v4 version of it.
i guess you didn't see that i edited my previous post. the link for v3 to v4 was wrong - i was tired and posted the same link twice. Fixed it last night before bed but guess you didn't see it. sorry for all the confusion.
No worries, the new v3 to v4 is now showing 'categories.ini converted to categories_v4.ini' which it wasn't before.

I am still not getting the results I would expect. After passing it through the v3 to v4 converted I am getting this:

[GAMES]
asmb01=10000000000000000000
ckbe88=10000000000000000000
hbwe01=10000000000000000000

Every GameID is the same - it isn't picking up the individual game categories changes.

I thought the long string is replaced in v4 or is that only in v4.1?
the long string is replaced in v4.1. So every string is 10000000000000000000000? strange - back to checking the code. is anyone else having these issues? maybe you should use Maxternals app to convert from v3 to v4 then use my dol to convert that to v4.1 Hang in there buddy we'll get this straightened out some how.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Problem solved
smile.png
thanks
Cool, I think this week I'll make 4.0.2 to official google code, seems to work quite good for everyone.

Reactions: 1 person

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay found a really stupid error in cat3 to 4 converter. it was looking under [CATEGORIES] for the games.

here's the fixed versio (I hope) - http://www.mediafire...935t55qab3uazzw
Yeah! That worked, thank!

I understand about excluding certain categories (x).

What is the difference between the check and + sign?

And should all be checked as default? Or is that something I have to select?

Looks like when they are unchecked they are displayed like when they are checked or have a + sign.

And I believe the +/- buttons on the Wiimote used to switch between pages, now they do nothing and you have to click the left/right arrows buttons on the screen.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Problem solved
smile.png
thanks
Cool, I think this week I'll make 4.0.2 to official google code, seems to work quite good for everyone.
Sounds good, That way the latest on both SVN's will have the same categories version to avoid confusion in the future.

But how is a check mark different from the + sign?
two check marks includes everything that's JUST in one, JUST in the other, and in BOTH

two plus signs includes only those that are in BOTH

EDIT : color example ... game one is all red, game two is all white, game three is red and white striped.
categories: red, white
check both, they all show up.
plus sign both, only game three shows up.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem solved
smile.png
thanks
Sounds good, That way the latest on both SVN's will have the same categories version to avoid confusion in the future.

But how is a check mark different from the + sign?
two check marks includes everything that's JUST in one, JUST in the other, and in BOTH

two plus signs includes only those that are in BOTH

EDIT : color example ... game one is all red, game two is all white, game three is red and white striped.
categories: red, white
check both, they all show up.
plus sign both, only game three shows up.
Ah, I get it now a binary operation.

Thanks!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested 717. In addition to the category code dump bug, I also noticed that the offscreen A game launch is implemented incorrectly. I tried to flip a cover to look at the back but instead the game was launched.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tried r717, let it create the wiiflow.ini and after reboot it's only created a zero byte file (wiiflow.ini)
Going to try to backtrack revisions to see where this was introduced.
EDIT: Nevermind...went back to r713 which I'm sure created an ini before but it is not this time either (zero byte).
Must be something at this end - will do a complete clean install.
EDIT2: Well this gets weirder. So 704, 713 and 717 are creating zero byte wiiflow.ini files for me and also zero byte cache\list\*db files, and zero byte banners (for newly added games)
I went back to r672 and it is populating the inis, db and banner files ok. Is this just me, or should I dig further?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay found a really stupid error in cat3 to 4 converter. it was looking under [CATEGORIES] for the games.

Looks like when they are unchecked they are displayed like when they are checked or have a + sign.

And I believe the +/- buttons on the Wiimote used to switch between pages, now they do nothing and you have to click the left/right arrows buttons on the screen.
glad it worked finally! yeah! :)

right and left on the d-pad switches pages. if you are in game selected menu press 'b' on star to go to that game's categories and then you can use + and - on the wiimote to move to the next or previous game.

with all the check boxes unchecked all your games will show because you haven't selected any categories. when you get your genre categories ready please post it so I can use it.

one more thing in case you didn't know - you can now have as many categories as you want (well at least up to 50) per game types. i can easily edit wiiflow for more but i figured no one would really need more than 50.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

glad it worked finally! yeah! :)

right and left on the d-pad switches pages. if you are in game selected menu press 'b' on star to go to that game's categories and then you can use + and - on the wiimote to move to the next or previous game.

with all the check boxes unchecked all your games will show because you haven't selected any categories. when you get your genre categories ready please post it so I can use it.

one more thing in case you didn't know - you can now have as many categories as you want (well at least up to 50) per game types. i can easily edit wiiflow for more but i figured no one would really need more than 50.

Here is my v4 file:

http://www.filedropp...om/categoriesv4

It looks like I have 58 out of 1163 GameID's that are blank. I will look at them this weekend and upload a fixed one when I've cleaned up the missing categories on those 58.

It follows the older format where I setup the GameTDB categories and then added separate categories for the ESRB ratings. This is really useful if you have different age kids playing the Wii you can select just the age appropriate game in a flash.

cat1=Action
cat2=Adventure
cat3=Fighting
cat4=General
cat5=Health
cat6=Music
cat7=Racing
cat8=Role Playing
cat9=Simulation
cat10=Sports
cat11=Strategy
cat12=Traditional
cat13=Theme
cat14=ESRB: Early Childhood
cat15=ESRB: Everyone
cat16=ESRB: Everyone 10+
cat17=ESRB: Teen
cat18=ESRB: Mature
cat19=ESRB: Adults Only

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested 717. In addition to the category code dump bug, I also noticed that the offscreen A game launch is implemented incorrectly. I tried to flip a cover to look at the back but instead the game was launched.

what "category code dump bug" ??
the press up or down when in game categories and it code dumps bug. Does it on coverflow adjust too.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for the question, but I didn't follow the thread the last time.

Is it possible now to use multiple plugins?
Means can I use wiimednafen to create different source menu entries (or lets say wiiflow sections) for turbografx, virtual boy and gameboy advance?

I would like to sort not per emulator but per console. And it would be fantastic if I can assign an emulator to a dedicated source menu entry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1