Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay category ini update done. see r717

here's the link for the converter dol app - http://www.mediafire...om9to9n77h2stmf

if you are still on the old old categories.ini (before v4) then use this dol app(below) first to convert to v4 then the one above to finish the conversion.

http://www.mediafire...7fq7fmdbbrw0m49

of course you only need to use these if you are a heavy category user and don't want to lose all your hard work making categories. Otherwise just delete your cat ini file and let wiiflow make a new one.
Something didn't work right. I ran the dol from the 2nd link 1st since I hadn't converted before and then I ran the dol from the 1st one. Got the confirmation note each time.

Looking at the resulting categories_v4.ini file it has nothing on each line after the GameID. Here is a RAR of my original and converted file.

http://www.filedropper.com/categories

I am happy to help debug in any way. Thanks for all your hard work!
well the good news is you should still have the original categories.ini to try again. strangely on mediafire it says 0 downloads for the first dol. so are you sure you downloaded it?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
well the good news is you should still have the original categories.ini to try again. strangely on mediafire it says 0 downloads for the first dol. so are you sure you downloaded it?
That IS strange because I'm almost SURE I downloaded it the first time you posted it.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That IS strange because I'm almost SURE I downloaded it the first time you posted it.
Reply to everyone. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR categories_v4.ini before using the converters!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay category ini update done. see r717

here's the link for the converter dol app - http://www.mediafire...om9to9n77h2stmf

if you are still on the old old categories.ini (before v4) then use this dol app(below) first to convert to v4 then the one above to finish the conversion.

http://www.mediafire...7fq7fmdbbrw0m49

of course you only need to use these if you are a heavy category user and don't want to lose all your hard work making categories. Otherwise just delete your cat ini file and let wiiflow make a new one.
Something didn't work right. I ran the dol from the 2nd link 1st since I hadn't converted before and then I ran the dol from the 1st one. Got the confirmation note each time.

Looking at the resulting categories_v4.ini file it has nothing on each line after the GameID. Here is a RAR of my original and converted file.

http://www.filedropper.com/categories

I am happy to help debug in any way. Thanks for all your hard work!
Positive I downloaded it. Will try the new ones.

Edit:

I downloaded and ran this one first on my original categories.ini:

categories v3 to v4 converter - http://www.mediafire...oxx3a044vqbj4rd

It created the categories_v4.ini file with my game gameID's but they were all blank.

Here is a set of my original categories.ini and v4 file: http://www.filedropp...om/categories_1

After running the v4 to v4.1 converter it doesn't change the v4 file - all the entries are still blank.

Edit 2:

Tried is a second time.

Downloaded categories v3 to v4 converter - http://www.mediafire...oxx3a044vqbj4rd and ran my categories.in thru it and it created the v4 file but all the entries were blank.

The steps are v3 to v4 first and then v4 to v4.1 right?

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, can't we all just have/use a generic catagories file? I mean like pull genre form tdb or were ever, set up a cat file, and distribute to the masses. bam done? no?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, can't we all just have/use a generic catagories file? I mean like pull genre form tdb or were ever, set up a cat file, and distribute to the masses. bam done? no?
That's what my categories.ini was. I think I have the biggest collection of games and had uploaded a catagories.ini with all the categories as defined by gametdb.

Will do the same once I get a v4 version of it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Positive I downloaded it. Will try the new ones.

Edit:
I downloaded and ran this one first on my original categories.ini:
categories v3 to v4 converter - http://www.mediafire...oxx3a044vqbj4rd
It created the categories_v4.ini file with my game gameID's but they were all blank.
Here is a set of my original categories.ini and v4 file: http://www.filedropp...om/categories_1
After running the v4 to v4.1 converter it doesn't change the v4 file - all the entries are still blank.

Edit 2:
Tried is a second time.
Downloaded categories v3 to v4 converter - http://www.mediafire...oxx3a044vqbj4rd and ran my categories.in thru it and it created the v4 file but all the entries were blank.
The steps are v3 to v4 first and then v4 to v4.1 right?
Here, test the second v4 to v4.1 DOL with this file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?py4owot2l2o2xby
It's your original categories.ini file run through my app.
At least this way we have something to test the newer converter DOL with.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what my categories.ini was. I think I have the biggest collection of games and had uploaded a catagories.ini with all the categories as defined by gametdb.

i guess you didn't see that i edited my previous post. the link for v3 to v4 was wrong - i was tired and posted the same link twice. Fixed it last night before bed but guess you didn't see it. sorry for all the confusion.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

i guess you didn't see that i edited my previous post. the link for v3 to v4 was wrong - i was tired and posted the same link twice. Fixed it last night before bed but guess you didn't see it. sorry for all the confusion.
First thanks for the update.
Second can u guys test something
press b on favorites to go to categoriesthen press down >> codedump (I missed it - long time no see)
categories4 file is not created automatically here - I deleted all cat files from settings folder
using 717

:)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First thanks for the update.
Second can u guys test something
press b on favorites to go to categoriesthen press down >> codedump (I missed it - long time no see)
categories4 file is not created automatically here - I deleted all cat files from settings folder
using 717

:)
if you got a code dump then cat ini wouldn't have been created(saved). if you can go to cat menu and exit without code dump then it should be made

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
if you got a code dump then cat ini wouldn't have been created(saved). if you can go to cat menu and exit without code dump then it should be made
Thanks, I went to category then exit wiiflow and the file is there now but still pressing down in categories window is codedumping

here's my cat4:
I tried to hide cat1 but looks like a "!" down there

[GAMES]
asmb01=
ppne01=
r2se18=
blabla....

[GAMES/GENERAL]
cat1=Category 1
cat2=Category 2
cat3=Category 3
cat4=Category 4
cat5=Category 5
hidden_categories=!
numcategories=6
required_categories=
selected_categories=

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm sure some can argue that...lol.

what is so special about categories? i've never bothered with them but you guys seem to be going nuts over it. is there a vid of it in action or something?

its just sorting isn't it? why is alphabetical no good?

Reactions: 2 people

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what is so special about categories? i've never bothered with them but you guys seem to be going nuts over it. is there a vid of it in action or something?

When you have a very large collection it's nice to be able to see just a certain genre of games at a time so you don't have to scroll through all of them.

You can pick the health games and your wife can play the fitness ones she likes or if you have them categorized with the ESRB rating like me you can select just the age appropriate games for younger kids, or if it's sports day you can select and see just the sports games.

It kind of goes hand in hand with the favorites feature so you don't have to look at all of the games at once.

nibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

same as you, never really seen the point of the categories and btw never used it..
but as seam said it could be good for the mplayer plugin

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No worries, the new v3 to v4 is now showing 'categories.ini converted to categories_v4.ini' which it wasn't before.

I am still not getting the results I would expect. After passing it through the v3 to v4 converted I am getting this:

[GAMES]
asmb01=10000000000000000000
ckbe88=10000000000000000000
hbwe01=10000000000000000000

Every GameID is the same - it isn't picking up the individual game categories changes.

I thought the long string is replaced in v4 or is that only in v4.1?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

Well I don't have as big a collection as BostonBC, but here's a good example. The other day a friend of mine came over and we're looking for something new to play. We decided to play an FPS, then changed our minds to fighting, then again changed our minds to action/adventure, I love being able to scroll through specific categories of games since it helps you pick a game when you're in the mood for a specific genre.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi