Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course there is, also here it always works and never made problems, it pisses me off I cant reproduce anything of the problems you guys have with it, otherwise that would be fixed. You may try out the theme folder for music I heard earlier that works.

Reactions: 1 person

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Of course there is, also here it always works and never made problems, it pisses me off I cant reproduce anything of the problems you guys have with it, otherwise that would be fixed. You may try out the theme folder for music I heard earlier that works.
Yeah, the music thing, it must be ...well.. per system maybe.. because when everyone else was having probs I didn't have any at all until recently. Musics not that big of a deal for me..
Also another odd thing that I notice is (this is kind of hard to explain) some of my VC nand games were injected with custom audio (bns files I think) now the banner looks just fine and the audio does play for about 3 seconds and then gets all static and demonic sounding. I'm sure that I can fix that pretty easily, it's just weird.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
static and demonic sounding.
ROFL that sounds epic. That should be fixed 100%. I know it sometimes can happen if you use emulated nand and d2x v9, you may try it with v8.
LOL! Actually it was pretty funny. That's what I get for using old sh*t.. haha I am using dx v9.. a beta i believe but I did keep v8 on the sd so I'll try that..

Hey after I switched both my real and emu nands back to d2x v8 music (from the /wiiflow/music folder) works again. My custom banner sound is still kind of there but no near as bad. Now with the looping banner sound it seems to be demonic and static in the same places LOL! funny. The looping banner repeating is kind of strange to me in megaman 9 and a few other games...

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I should read up and finally figure out how to compile neek2o so I can have r90+.
Or you can go to the neek2o IRC channel to download it. :D
I may just do that... it's been forever since i used IRC... Xchat?? wait no.. that's Linux... hmmm.. (maybe they'll name a computer induced psychatric disease after me :wacko: )
ok Colloquy! That was it :yay:

frostymm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this may just be my own fault or something but I can't get any kind of Ocarina codes to work with gamecube games. I'm using the latest wiiflow mod and dios mios 2.0+ and I set tales of symphonia to load ocarina, I downloaded the text, I made a new gct, I even tried using my old gct that I was using with neogamma but no codes will load. I tried changing the hooktype for the game in the gameconfig ini many times, I double... septuple checked the folders and all the settings. It just don't work, anybody know where I'm going wrong?

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Testing R27 - again I get Wii system files are corrupted...blablabla whenever I run wiiware from emulated nand (same settings as before) no matter what setting or IOS I use.
Any news about this problem?
I figured out the problem is caused by a missing cert.sys file from SYS folder.
Copying the file just fixed all nand emulation issues...
Just out of curiousity, why do you think this file was missing? How could that have happened?
ModMii has an emulated nand builder which does not create the cert.sys. If you however extract a copy of your nand with Giantpune's Wii NAND Tools, ShowMiiWads or Simple FS Dumper you should get the cert.sys file.
I'm glad that you guys posted this! this was my problem I stole the cert.sys from an old nand dump that I had and put it in the sys folder of my wiiflow nand and it worked B-) Thanks Alot guys! :D :yay:

The only real problem that I'm having in r643 is random lockups especially when I go into the settings.. These make me have to hard reset the wii too. Also some code dumps here and there but I'm not quick enough with the camera to catch it.

Oh wow, looping banner sounds work on the emuflow.. like sega!-sega!-sega!-sega!-sega! LOL I can annoy the dog with this :toot:

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, looping banner sounds work on the emuflow.. like sega!-sega!-sega!-sega!-sega! LOL I can annoy the dog with this :toot:
LMAO!! In all realness I don't know of looping banners is all that great of an idea. Some banners are going to get really annoying.. "Back to The Future" comes to mind and many many more lol. Although some of them will also sound really good as well :P

Edit: Bout to test both r639/642, crossing my fingers for the music, I mean I know it's not that big a deal but I really love the full WiiFlow experience, I spend a lot of time going through the interface and not just playing and love audio.

Reactions: 3 people

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL Back to the future! ha. But you're right. I went back to r642 and all of my problems in life are solved! (or at least with the wiiflow) nand emulation works again like expected. r643 ruined my life, it raped my wife and killed my kids.. nah just kidding.. I'm tired I need a nap.. but sometimes it's amazing how much change can happen in just four files

Modify /trunk/source/music/SoundDecoder.cpp diff
Modify /trunk/source/music/SoundDecoder.hpp diff
Modify /trunk/source/music/WavDecoder.cpp diff
Modify /trunk/source/music/WavDecoder.hpp diff

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just r643, change:
-added looping of banner wav sound files (its not 100% exact as you will hear but better than no looping at all)
Only tested it with wiiflows forwarder, may you try other banners with a silimar issue, also see if everything else plays fine still.
r643 works very nicely for me on my 250 game 500GB and 1159 game 2TB system.

System response seems much quicker... the Avatar banner works fine now too.

Banner sound looping is working on the ones I checked also.

Will test more games tomorrow but on plain (non NAND/neek etc) systems it appears to be working very well.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I have to agree that other than the nand issues r634 worked great with every Wii game that I tried.
Also exit to neek2o doesn't work for me anymore just code dumps says 5 seconds but doesn't reload. Not sure when that happened. Like I said I did redo my WiiFlow nand with Modmii earlier today while coffee buzzed. here's that code dump :

MlUCT.jpg

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMAO!! In all realness I don't know of looping banners is all that great of an idea. Some banners are going to get really annoying.. "Back to The Future" comes to mind and many many more lol. Although some of them will also sound really good as well :P

Yeah, these looping banners are super irritating! I'm about to remove my plugin .ogg's just to keep from being insanely annoyed! Would an .ini option "bannerloop=yes/no" be possible for this feature?

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, these looping banners are super irritating! I'm about to remove my plugin .ogg's just to keep from being insanely annoyed! Would an .ini option "bannerloop=yes/no" be possible for this feature?
LOL!! good idea. The looping is ok for some games but crazy and even creepy on others

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL Back to the future! ha. But you're right. I went back to r642 and all of my problems in life are solved! (or at least with the wiiflow) nand emulation works again like expected. r643 ruined my life, it raped my wife and killed my kids.. nah just kidding.. I'm tired I need a nap.. but sometimes it's amazing how much change can happen in just four files

Modify /trunk/source/music/SoundDecoder.cpp diff
Modify /trunk/source/music/SoundDecoder.hpp diff
Modify /trunk/source/music/WavDecoder.cpp diff
Modify /trunk/source/music/WavDecoder.hpp diff
LMFAO!! Oh man it ruined your fucking LIFE, oh for shame your wife AND kids! damn.. WiiFlow done did it again lol.

Ok took your advice [member='Mastershoes'] and set both DM dm_r2.1+=yes & dml_r52+=yes and indeed it corrected my GC game launching issue, unfortunately I have a Disc in the drive right now since DM 2.2 needs a disc in the drive for Splinter Cell, Metal Arms Glitch in the System, Beyond Good and Evil, and Ultimate Spider-Man (they freeze at certain parts or don't launch at all. I've done a lot of testing and I could not get these games to work properly with the no-disc patch) and WiiFlow launches the disc in the drive only, which is LoZ: Collector's Edition.

I went through the game settings and global settings and wasn't able to get it to stop launching the disc in the drive. Is there something in my .ini that I need to correct.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just r643, change:
-added looping of banner wav sound files (its not 100% exact as you will hear but better than no looping at all)
Only tested it with wiiflows forwarder, may you try other banners with a silimar issue, also see if everything else plays fine still.
I can report that Mario Kart Wii works with r637 which didn't work with r626. H.A.W.X.2 still doesn't, though both work fine in GX. I'm currently downloading r639. r641, r642 and r643 for eventual testing. We'll see of that "slight change in wii game booting" helps H.A.W.X.2 or not. The other changes sound pretty good, too.

A first I thought the repeating WAV sound would be a previously MISSING repeat requested by some banners but if it's a repeat that was not originally intended to go along with the banner image I second the idea of at least putting an INI option in to be able to turn it off.

Also, mentioning WAV format, are banner sounds always in WAV format? I know WAV format is not the most popular to use for background music but if the banners are also running MP3 format, that more stable code could always be unified with what's being used for background music.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Channels use wav format (PCM) or compressed Wav format (bns aka ADPCM) only
Concerning the loop function: this has to be done by editing the bns wav and should not be a usb-loader option.
If a loop is needed then one can edit the bns and make a decent one by selecting the loop starting point,
many channels sounds are not intended to loop anyways.
Abz
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii