Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds correct, that should work for sure... supported are .smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.zip|.7z, the longest filename I have is "usb1:/snes9xgx/roms/BS Zelda no Densetsu - Kodai no Sekiban - Dai-1-wa (Japan) (BS) [En+Fix by BSZHP v20090614] (~BS The Legend of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets - Week 1).zip", I dont think you have longer files ;)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Sounds correct, that should work for sure... supported are .smc|.fig|.sfc|.swc|.zip|.7z, the longest filename I have is "usb1:/snes9xgx/roms/BS Zelda no Densetsu - Kodai no Sekiban - Dai-1-wa (Japan) (BS) [En+Fix by BSZHP v20090614] (~BS The Legend of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets - Week 1).zip", I dont think you have longer files ;)
Can the freezing be due to duplicate games (i.e. one in zip file and smc format) or to some unsopperted formats?
I didn't have time to double check for duplicates since Snes9xGX is working fine for me.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have "usb1:/snes9xgx/roms/F-Zero (USA).sfc" and "usb1:/snes9xgx/roms/F-Zero (USA).zip" so that cant be the problem.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I scanned the sd & the sd/snes9xgx/roms folder was corrupted, so I did a scandisk and deleted it. I'll check now if this makes any difference...

same same :(
freezing at wiiflow loading screen after pressing dml button with the "Wii's blue led light on".
I'll check with just few roms now...

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok It works now. It seems to be a corrupted file, I'll have to figure it out later.
Thanks for adding this feature, R u planning to add the other emulators as well?
Maybe then you can add an Emulator mode and leave DML alone.
Thanks again

Do you have any plans on fixing the homebrew mode view (spacing problem)?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently working on making a new coverflow just for emulators, also with the default emulator box cover size, and the usage of cache and the full file name for covers because the ID is too short. NES and GBA will follow.

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'm currently working on making a new coverflow just for emulators, also with the default emulator box cover size, and the usage of cache and the full file name for covers because the ID is too short. NES and GBA will follow.
Did you look at this http://gbatemp.net/topic/204106-wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader/page__view__findpost__p__4155300
This can really be helpful in case you're not planning to make separate coverflow for Homebrew.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about support for us network users? all my roms are loaded from network shares, is that really complicated or is that a possibility?

i believe in you fix! j/k, that would be awesome if it could be added. i keep my roms on my pc so i can play either there or on the wii via network share so i don't waste space. no sense in having duplicates on my pc and wii hdd.

if you add the emulator support into Wiiflow it will be like Multiman for the ps3! that program is the shit too.

my suggestions is to have the normal section selection like it is now, with the option of having ALL sections combined for one massive flow. maybe incorporate an alphabet on the top or side for fast access.

and on the silly side, ADD KINECT SUPPORT YEAH! j/k lol

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, working on a good size currently, what do you guys think, thats ok?
Apr-06-2012-16h54m09s.png

Reactions: 3 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Size looks good. is the upper left corner out further than the lower because it was floating when you snapped?

since you're adding more views what do you think of replacing d-pad mode with pressing 'B' on the view switch icon to bring up a pop up window with a button for each view? and for the buttons in the pop up window we would just use the ones we use for the config menu's which means you would only have to make one new image - a transparent background overlay the goes behind the buttons. of course we would have to use some other button (like '+') to switch from real nand to emu nand. or just make a button for each in the pop up window. Sorry, my ideas are running wild again. :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just made mod3 ready:
http://www.mediafire.com/?51rq8m17tsas1j4
Changes are that it now got a own coverflow view and it loads covers, the covers need to have the same filename than the rom (with extension!), it will also write cover cache with the filename plus extension. In snes9xgx if you click back to wiiflow it also returns to wiiflow, to exaclty the same game which you selected last. That needs to be tested please ;)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mmm dont really see the need for a emu booter added to WiiFlow, we already have dedicated emulators for this that do there job better, just adds bloat to WiiFlow imho, kind of moves the loader from what it was coded to do, plus in the end it would mean we would have multiple apps which is really unneeded regardless if it can return to WiiFlow or not. keep the features simple and fix bugs, not add needless feature after feature while the bug list grows each time.

Just my 2 cents

Reactions: 2 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm split on this decision. On one hand I agree with pepxl and abdallahterro. on the other hand there's already apps that handle DML, NAND emulation, and Homebrew yet they were added to Wiiflow. and the trend seems to be to make a loader capable of playing everything - ie. Wiiflow, Postloader, USBLoader GX can all play the above. And eventually CFG Loader. It seems some people want the AIO (All In One) loader. Plus Mugotu even said he liked this idea and had plans on adding it to Wiiflow Advanced/Plus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up