XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I really think an outside player needs to discuss with both sides to mediate, and be unbiased. This means disregarding all of the hate spam that has gone around, from myself as well. Both sides also should respect the decision of the mediator.
Sounds like you're looking for an arbitrator, not a mediator, but no big deal, ppl get them confused all the time.

If this is the route both sides want to take, the only decision you need to agree on is who to select as your arbitrator. I'd offer my services, but again only if both sides are comfortable with me taking on that role. Quite honestly though, as much as I know about this situation, I don't think I know enough yet to make a fair decision, so I'd need to hear both sides of the story in full (privately so as to not inadvertently escalate the issue). TBH, I'm not even sure what decisions still need to be made (other than whether or not this thread should be closed) so only those involved can truly determine whether or not arbitration is really necessary.

On a side note, miigotu, I think you're showing a big improvement in terms of being less agressive. I didn't find your last post to be even the slightest bit harsh. Btw, do u prefer mugotu or miigotu?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a fair compromise would be to close this thread entirely and edit the first post with links to both projects. Then there should be no motivation for anyone to post info about WiiFlow Mod A in the WiiFlow Mod B thread and vice versa.
I agree with your fair solution at the end, but until something like that happens, or until the transition is common knowledge, I still think its necessary to keep everyone informed of progress. Huge/drastic changes like the swapping of projects like this take more than 1 day to transition. Its not really hijacking a thread considering it was the thread for the project I have been the sole developer on for over a year (since r-win left), and where I was co-lead dev for the year before that, and junior/second in command for the year before that.

That compromise was what I wanted to happen since this controversy started, disallow further commits to wiiflow.googlecode.com, close this thread with the first and last post having links to both of our threads, and we each set out on our own under our own names. ("The basic "Wiiflow" being retired/shelved). Then after 6 months or so maybe after both projects have matured on their own, and the heat between both camps has cooled, we could submit patches back to r-win and both projects, and maybe r-win if he has time, can review those changes before they are added. Hell maybe even one day the split can be rejoined and we can work together, it is just not an option at the current crossroads. "3 projects?" you might ask, but I do not mean for 3 projects, I mean to lock down the current main SVN and let it be both projects' base. There was a time when I wanted to work together with FIX94 to bring you all one project to use. I don't think its truly that both of us aren't able to work with others its simply that I'm a little too aggressive and he may be a little to sensitive for a good working relationship, or some other reason IDK, we just don't mesh.

I mean, if the plan was to turn the svn over to them why would they wait until I did so much work after I returned only to boot me from the project? Now I don't mean that in an attacking way, these are just the questions I ask myself. One of many that fuel my irritation with it.
I really think an outside player needs to discuss with both sides to mediate, and be unbiased. This means disregarding all of the hate spam that has gone around, from myself as well. Both sides also should respect the decision of the mediator.

This is indeed the only fully fair compromise/solution in my oppinion, but my feelings will not be hurt if noone agrees. I'm perfectly happy making a stand of my own as you all have seen.
While I am pleasantly surprised on your new tone I think the horse has left the barn already and too many bridges have been torched by your previous behavior. Plus I get the sense that you want a 'do-over' to try and get back what you think you lost but the real world rarely works that way. I think the current status of having 2 separate projects is the right one. I for one don't care if you post your accomplishments here but on the flip side if someone posts the cool things that FIX94 is doing on your side you shouldn't tell them to f-off or continue to disparage FIX or the mod branch of code on your thread or this one. I have a feeling you aren't quiet ready for that yet so I would recommend sticking to each others respective threads and editing the first post to describe the split.

Reactions: 1 person

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thrilled at the change of approach that this situation is taking, this is beyond my capability to assist but I do hope for what seems to be an amicable beginning to the future of both projects.

Whatever the outcome I do believe separate project threads and friendly competition are fair and exciting, where this thread would be closed and used to help people branch off to the project that interests them if not both as xFlak stated.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I am rather fond of this thread myself and am VERY HESITANT to actually say it should be left behind in wake of a new thread but IF it IS then I suggest it be locked so it doesn't end up like the original wiiflow 1.1 thread where the occasional poor lost noob wanders onto it still and starts posting (There are 4 such lost noob souls connected to it as guests as we speak.).

Another thing to take into consideration is that [member='zorglub07'] made the first post on this thread thereby limiting the development team's ability to make changes. It would be really important for the first AND last post to link to BOTH new threads but only a moderator would be able to take care of that so I guess that goes both ways.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
While I am pleasantly surprised on your new tone I think the horse has left the barn already and too many bridges have been torched by your previous behavior. Plus I get the sense that you want a 'do-over' to try and get back what you think you lost but the real world rarely works that way. I think the current status of having 2 separate projects is the right one. I for one don't care if you post your accomplishments here but on the flip side if someone posts the cool things that FIX94 is doing on your side you shouldn't tell them to f-off or continue to disparage FIX or the mod branch of code on your thread or this one. I have a feeling you aren't quiet ready for that yet so I would recommend sticking to each others respective threads and editing the first post to describe the split.
Definitely don't want a do-over. I'm happy to branch off on my own, and I'm not interested in getting anything back. I have no intention on adding to the bashing of FIX94 or others related to the -mod I have done in the heat of the moment before. In general, I assume people know that I'm usually pretty calm and cool about shit so this is not something new. But those same people know that when I'm furious or have a "bruised ego" I tend to go too far, say hurtful things (Usually not intending to hurt anyone's feelings, but a poor choice of words or a poor approach.), and definitely make my distaste known. I guess that in most parts of the world when you start cursing at people they start to get offended, and I understand that. All of us have areas where we need to improve on and I admit at times my reactions have been less than professional. But lets get over it now, and start some healing, so that maybe a potential will grow someday for passing code back and forth and helping each others' projects out .

Noone has even mentioned the fact that I own wiiiflowiki.com, and the Wiiflow team has no access to it. So, as a sign of good faith/intentions I will make this offer: If they wish to also use the wiki we can make the main page a general information page for both projects, with links for sub-pages related directly to each branch. I will give them a separate namespace as well so that their pages are easily grouped, categorized, etc. I will also continue to let them use update.wiiflow.org (with some changes in our sources so that we both can use the same update server), and the hosting for channels and forwarders. If they wish to do this, I will still not remove the adf.ly ads on the site, but I will share the payout every month (Which is about $30-$50 total a month, depending on traffic) with the other team, 50/50. This way it will still be enough left on my half to pay all of the hosting each year.
Now, you can flame this and take it the wrong way and say I'm trying to make up for being a dick or whatever, but that's not the case.. I would just like to see this all start to move forward, so that maybe one day some things like help/install/mod information, theme support, channels, and forwarders can be universal across both projects, which is totally beneficial to both projects. Why make our users work so hard to use a theme?

I am rather fond of this thread myself and am VERY HESITANT to actually say it should be left behind in wake of a new thread but IF it IS then I suggest it be locked so it doesn't end up like the original wiiflow 1.1 thread where the occasional poor lost noob wanders onto it still and starts posting (There are 4 such lost noob souls connected to it as guests as we speak.).

Another thing to take into consideration is that [member='zorglub07'] made the first post on this thread thereby limiting the development team's ability to make changes. It would be really important for the first AND last post to link to BOTH new threads but only a moderator would be able to take care of that so I guess that goes both ways.
The closing/locking of this thread should be preceeded by a final post and editted first post with links to both projects, and both irc channels, and possibly the wiki if we decide to share it. Hell its nice to have a nice clean new thread to work in anyways rather than 300+ pages. BTW: [member='zorglub07'] is lustar, for those of you who didn't know, so he could edit the first post but I assume a mod might have to do it when the leads of both projects come to an agreement on it. IMHO this particular decision should be made between only FIX94 and myself, as it directly effects both of our projects. And if an agreement can't be reached, an arbitrator could be asked to hear the sides and evaluate it then. I suggest someone mature and impartial like r-win.

@FIX94 if you would like to discuss this like adults and try and work out a plan that works for both camps, pm me here or on irc, later.

EDIT: I'm working on editting my ignorant posts, but it will take me some time since I'm in the process of moving.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX/Overjoy - With regards to the new r238 and the 'extended_list_check' option. If it is set to no does a forced refresh by pressing B on the options button bypass this and do the extended check? Thanks!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
What are your plan for Wiiflow Mod - Does it keep the name or will it be changed to Wiiflow? What googlecode page are you going to use from now on?

Thanks for a great loader...

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's just be patient. Right now things need to be worked out, planned and then executed. The devs are communicating to reach a solution suitable for hopefully everyone and we're finally seeing a level of maturity which can get things done promptly.

I for one can't wait until progress start on the projects unhindered by the past.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was looking at the Cover Mods for the emulators SNES9x-GX, VBA-GX and FCE Ultra-GX and I thought "Wouldn't this be cool it if had the same gui as wiiflow?"
Hey, I was looking into it today and created a first rev for snes9x-gx, basing on svn r238 ;)
http://www.mediafire...4g4dgbm7zj6eh1j (mirror)
Usage is pretty easy, copy both dols into "apps/wiiflow", in wiiflow enter DML view and you should see your snes games (it will load then from "snes9xgx/roms"), if you launch one it should automatically boot my modded snes9xgx rev and the game should boot. In the snes emulator, if you press home you should see a button back to wiiflow, if you use it wiiflow should open again. Lemme know what you think about it, if somebody else also wanna try it out feel free to :)
edit: Forgot to mention, choose the right partition, and the path of the wiiflow dol is hardcoded in snes9x-gx, "sd:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol" currently, for the snes games is only fat and fat32 supported.

nibb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes Fat32, but I get wiiflow freeze all the time when I go to DML mode,
I copied 1 game to sd removed usb but also didn't show/freeze.
It might be cool if it works, but I don't see WiiFlow in Homebrew/Emulator section in the future.

LOLOL no brain no game
AbdallahTerro try for once and make an real post or are you just to stupid to understand
(yep for sure AbdallahTerro is S*****)

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made a second snes test rev ;)
http://www.mediafire...5q2nvc28xt7ohmx
Wiiflow dol can also be on fat32 usb now, snes9xgx will be able to load it. Snes9xgx will also make a own "settings_snes9xgx.xml" file in apps/wiiflow from now on.

This is a pretty wicked feature Fix!! Just tried it out.

I wonder if would be possible to:

-Change the "title id" length exclusively for the snes roms? They're a lot of conflicts with titles (especially games that start with "super" LOL"
-Use the coversets that are out there right now for the Covermod of Snes9xGx? There are 3D(fake), 2D, and 2D & 3D cartridge Cover Collections already out there, and there all sized up at 316x224 .png's for SNES. It would be cool to have their actual style boxes! I actually JUST put together (Seriously, like an hour ago finished up!) new sets that have 961 Covers for each style (plus some "Alt" Covers). I can send 'em your way if you're interested..

Thanks for everything!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiiflow dol can also be on fat32 usb now, snes9xgx will be able to load it. Snes9xgx will also make a own "settings_snes9xgx.xml" file in apps/wiiflow from now on.

-Change the "title id" length exclusively for the snes roms? They're a lot of conflicts with titles (especially games that start with "super" LOL"
-Use the coversets that are out there right now for the Covermod of Snes9xGx? There are 3D(fake), 2D, and 2D & 3D cartridge Cover Collections already out there, and there all sized up at 316x224 .png's for SNES. It would be cool to have their actual style boxes! I actually JUST put together (Seriously, like an hour ago finished up!) new sets that have 961 Covers for each style (plus some "Alt" Covers). I can send 'em your way if you're interested..

Thanks for everything!
Hey Mastershoes so glad you caught onto this. I was gonna suggest to [member='Mugotu'] and [member='Fix94'] to take a look at possibly incorporating your coverset into their Wiiflow's. For one it's the most complete coverset I've seen out there, real, custom and cartridge. Two, it would just be freaking cool :ha: especially the vbagx one, it's like 4000+ covers or something, insane!!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Fat32, but I get wiiflow freeze all the time when I go to DML mode,
I copied 1 game to sd removed usb but also didn't show/freeze.
It might be cool if it works, but I don't see WiiFlow in Homebrew/Emulator section in the future.

LOLOL no brain no game
AbdallahTerro try for once and make an real post or are you just to stupid to understand
(yep for sure AbdallahTerro is S*****)

Reactions: 2 people

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Thanks for everything!
Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)
Yeah I have that problem with the ID too, that need to be changed to the original game name, I have 7 games with the same ID lol ;)
With the covers, that should be just easly resizable.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Here's my settings
Snes games on usb\snex9xgx\roms (fat32 - active)
DML games on usb\games (same partition)
wii wbfs folder on usb (ntfs partition)
snes9xgx\roms on Sd is empty
I launch mod1 or 2 and when I click DML mode I get a freeze at lauding screen
Tried to go to other modes using shortcuts all work fine

what rom format are supported (zip,smc,srm.bin...)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.