pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well for what i tested today

sonic heroes-sound works,mcemu works everything works full compatibility
sonic adventure dx-black screen on boot
sonic adventure 2- sound works plays perfect, freezes while trying to save with mcemu ON

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can anyone confirm if Wave Racer, Star Wars games and Wario work with the new beta? I am stuck to SD for now.

Thank you

Pepois

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
This is my last post
Goodbye GBAtemp
but wait... seriously people were just busting your balls about the source code.. it wasn't that serious was it?

Dammit people, when will ya'll learn that the end result is more important than the licensing crap XD

WTF HAPPENED!??

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your linked site needs to have releases source code or a link to the source code. Ill give you some time to add them, but if those links dont show up, ill be forced to remove your links.
Wow, i thought AbdallahTerro would get more time than this..i think the mods jumped the gun too fast this time, especially because Overjoy already agreed to release the source within 3 days...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's more to this than we know I'm sure. Hope u come back bud.
Wow, i thought AbdallahTerro would get more time than this..i think the mods jumped the gun too fast this time, especially because Overjoy already agreed to release the source within 3 days...

they didnt even gave him 1 day , it was really harsh imo.

Don't call it harsh if you don't know the whole (short) story.

It had been brought to the attention of the moderating staff that the original post of this topic contained links to a website hosting this pack (presumably owned by AbdallahTerro) that was distributing Nintendont in a way that violated the GNU GPL v2 license it is distributed under (as well as other software included in it and also code that is copyrighted by Nintendo). I handled it as the moderating staff would handle any other report of illegal software and removed the links to the offending files from GBAtemp. I privately involved myself, AbdallahTerro and crediar in a PM in an attempt to discuss the issue and bring about an amicable resolution for both parties. AbdallahTerro said he would add a link to the source code though it may take a few days due to how large his project is, and that was that.

The following day crediar found that AbdallahTerro's signature also held a link to the website so we removed that as well for the time being, under the impression he would be adding the source code on his website.

In private, everything from all parties involved was presented and handled very maturely and professionally. No names were called, there was no bullying or pressuring or intimidation or anything of the sort. I don't know what of this caused him to up and leave when all that was needed was proper attribution, but that's not something I can answer.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Abdallah has been accused for releasing the stuff without permission from OverJoy.
It's very likely that he isn't having the sources 2 release. (Being a tester)
If, or if he didn't have permission to release the WIP (beta) is something we can only
speculate about. (Preferrable in a separate topic (Less work for the moderators to remove))
Overjoy said he will release the sources, and the google code page framework is already there...
So, maybe we should be patient and see how things work out.. What is 3 days in a lifetime?

Reactions: MassiveRican

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Abz, your Masterpiece Pack has always been excellently titled, and from someone who doesn't know what exactly happened, it just seems to me that you cocked up a bit, and got [perhaps too much] flak for it..
From a Wii homebrew point of view, your pack for the general less tech-savvy end user is without doubt one of the best things on gbatemp, and certainly the perfect thing to link to when we're helping out the newbies: if you've really had enough, could you perhaps pass on your pack to another member for them to keep up to date with? Be a shame to lose such a great package...;)

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't involved in this mess.. From my perspective as a user of GBATEMP I just saw a big package for WiiFlow and the links (adz site) was easy to locate. I saw a real potential in this package. I can understand some loved it.. i didn't thought at it was way to hrd to install/configure and had so many redundant things and folders i couldn't get it to working. And if i did it felt like it took over my Wii consisting of such enomours hhd size, and files.

I don't know if its to late. but I love if Abz could look into his package and make a 'diet' version with just the main stuff enabled , like gamecube, wiiware, some theme, and beable to play wii games and emulator games. Like displayed here: http://i.imgur.com/FRj49vO.jpg?w=640

The installation progress and instructions was way to hard to follow, imho ..

the WiiFlow Abz instructions are as followed :
First things first: For proper function of Wii games and Homebrew apps: Make sure your Wii is properly modded and use ModMii to make your IOS/cIOS up to date. IOS 58, D2x cIOS v10 rev52 or 10-alt rev53 are recommended. Original Hermes or Rodries cIOS mod are optional.
For Gamecube Games: DiosMios/DiosMios Lite latest wad should be installed into the Mios slot along with clean BC6. Devolution loader in \Wiiflow folder should be there for Devo to work.
Everything mentioned above is in the pack.
Install the wads from wad\IOS_DM(L) folder:
——————————————————-
BC-NUS-v6.wad on both real and Emunands
RVL-mios-v10.wad on Emunands
Real Nand IOS/cIOS:
IOS58-64-v6176.wad
cIOS202[60]-hermesrodries-v6.wad
cIOS222[38]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS223[57]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS224[37]-hermes-v5.1.wad
cIOS245[37]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS246[38]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS247[53]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS248[55]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v10-beta52.wad
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS251[58]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
cIOS252[56]-d2x-v10-beta53-alt.wad
Tip: d2x-v10-beta52 has higher compatibility for nand emulation and online stuff and less random crashes during gameplay that’s why it’s in slot 249
while d2x-v10-beta53 has 2 usb ports support and fully plug&play usb devices, meaning that you can connect them when the game asks for them
New: For WiiU/vWii use the D2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2 by Fix94, run it from Homebrew Channel to build v52 or v53 cIOS
One of the following on real nand:
DIOSMIOS_2.10.wad (GC games on USB) (New)
DIOSMIOSLite_2.10.wad (GC games on SD) (New)
DMLr59mod[MIOS-v10].wad (GC games on SD old way)
Quadforce_v4.wad (Triforce games on SD only) Quadforce_v4.1.wad (Triforce games on USB only)
Wiiflow 4.2 rev 974+ Can install Automatically the required mios on the fly I already placed and renamed the latest DM(L) and QF wads in Wiiflow\mios folder
Neek app files: In case di menu fails to launch GC/QF correctly i.e. wii shuts down replace 000000008.app file (i.e. Neek BC executable) with the one here – You can use just one at a time.
extract the rar file in Neek_app folder to your nands\plxxx\ (where plxxx is your Emunand folder name) and replace the existing file when prompted
DM2.10.rar is for Dios Mios where games are on USB device
DML2.10.rar is for Dios Mios Lite where games are on SD
QF0.1.rar and QF4.1.rar is for Quad-Force where games are on SD (used for Triiforce Mario Kart GP 1 & v3 also supports F-Zero AX)
To use Devolution extract Devo_200.rar as is into root folder. loader.bin is in WiiFlow folder
GC tools are included in GC_PC_Tools.rar
Use them to covert the GC games to the proper format and the savegame files to NMM format:
DiscEX-v0.9-cred >>> Convert GC games into DiscEx format
DMToolbox-v0.3-cred >>> Convert GC games into any required format (new for 2 disc games support)
gci2nmm-v0.1b-tueidj >>> convert GC saves into NMM compatible format
GCReEx-v0.3-tueidj >>> Convert GC games into extracted GCReEx format
YCbYCr2BMPv2 >>> covert GC screenshots into Bitmaps (BMP)
cmdpack-1.03-win32-i386.zip Contains many useful Dos tools for Disc type conversion, compression, etc… (Help file included)
More Tools inside the pack; check "_Handy PC Tools" folder
WiiFlow Setup
Extract/copy all files to SD or USB root (sneek folder on USB only)
Backup your “\WiiFlow\Settings\categories_v4.ini” and “\WiiFlow\Source_Menu\source_menu.ini” files in case you have made your favorites/categories and a custom plugin setup before or if you don’t want to use the ones provided here
Install wads with a wad manager: WiiFlow Forwarder and WiiFlow loader channel v2 to all nands, neek2o to real nand, back to nand to Emunands. P.S. As an alternative method you can get the Wiiflow channels installed using "WiiFlow Channel Installer v1.1" HBC application by Fix94 on both Wii and WiiU/vWii. This will install the default forwarder v14b by Spayrosam and not the clouds forwarder channel mentioned above.
Tip: When using the Channel installer v1.1 you can hit "uninstall channels" first then press the "install channels" button. This way will make sure that the channels will be installed smoothly without errors or conflicts.
New: For WiiU/vWii use the WiiFlow Channel Installer application then install "WiiFlow Channel – Clouds v15-vWii.wad" using a wad manager
Carbonik Abz will be available in settings > theme selection
For Neek2o you can use one of the included premade fresh emunands or make your own custom nand using Modmii; check the guides below for full info
Edit individual plugin ini files to change the default Rom/game path if needed or just rename your rom folders as shown here
Extract and replace Source_menu.ini from the zip file in case you want to switch from Advanced to Basic
Wiisx Folder can be on SD, USB(Fat) or USB(NTFS) partitions all roms should go into wiisx\isos folder
Tip 1: unecm.exe should be used on disc images with .ecm extention to uncompress them else they won’t work you’ll find it inside wiisx\isos folder also inside the cmdpack-1.03-win32-i386.zip file, just drag your ecm onto unecm.exe to get your uncompressed image
Also remember to change Bios from HLE to SD or USB for better compatibility
Tip 2: If Wiiflow hangs/or is stuck loading boot animation endlessly when going to Emumode (All Plugins selected), then you have too much games!!!​
So move some ini files to “unused” folder inside \WiiFlow\Plugins folder.​
Since many games are displayed twice or even more times you can move the ini files for emus that run same games/systems like vbanext&gambatte and keep the one you use i.e. vbagx for example.​
It might take some trial and error but when you’re below the memory limit all should work fine.​
The cover display limit is theoretically around 65,535 covers, but WF is currently unable to handle more than 11,000 covers due to memory overload​
Tip 3: Black screens when launching an Emu game are mainly due to wrong dol name or gamepath in the plugin ini file or mismatch of magic numbers between the source_menu and plugin.ini. But also you have to keep in mind that some emulators work better from SD, others from USB first active Fat[32] partition so make sure you look into this when you face problems.
Also don’t forget to delete your old \WiiFlow\Cache\lists folder and \Wiiflow\Settings\gameconfigXX filesand even sometimes \apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini file.
Tip 4: when facing problems going back to WiiFlow or to Emunand or when the HDD is not initialized on startup, make sure you have the latest v14b forwarder and v2 hidden loader wads installed, if you use your own custom forwarder make sure it has the default ID4 as the official forwarder.
You’ll need ~350 MB of SD or USB disk space.​
Big pack, but our love to WiiFlow is much bigger​
Prerequisites + WiiFlow Setup

Its way hard...

What stops me directly is this text '
——————————————————-
RVL-mios-v10.wad on Emunands'

What emunand? I never used emunand should i install emunand, how do I install emunand? ---

also this...
"Install wads with a wad manager: WiiFlow Forwarder and WiiFlow loader channel v2 to all nands, neek2o to real nand, back to nand to Emunands."What? i dont ... neek2o is that an wad file or what ? i don't know emunand and neek2o directly so that turns me off from contining. Also the mix of Wii and WiiU instructions , idk i find it very hard to follow. It was okey.. but some re-write should def be done imho .

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What stops me directly is this text '
——————————————————-
RVL-mios-v10.wad on Emunands'

What emunand? I never used emunand should i install emunand, how do I install emunand? ---

also this...
"Install wads with a wad manager: WiiFlow Forwarder and WiiFlow loader channel v2 to all nands, neek2o to real nand, back to nand to Emunands."What? i dont ... neek2o is that an wad file or what ? i don't know emunand and neek2o directly so that turns me off from contining. Also the mix of Wii and WiiU instructions , idk i find it very hard to follow. It was okey.. but some re-write should def be done imho .

Your Wii's system memory, which is quite small as you know, we shall a 'nand'
Now an emunand becomes a bit more self explanatory doesn't it: basically you're emulating your Wii's system memory (nand) on either an sd card, or external hdd. This allows for much more space so you can install more VC or Wiiware (the main advantages) than you can on the smaller memory.... Now if you have a Wii U, or simply go through the system menu (no Priiloader autobooting) you could always use the sd card menu instead, assuming you have a larger sd card, so you don't have much need for an emunand. Similar if you're not that fussed about VC or Wiiware ....in that case you can simply ignore this part of the instructions. ;)

'imho' no re-write is needed there - if you knew what the words emunand, and neek2o actually mean then these intructions are actually very useful! Sorry if that sounds harsh as it's not meant to be, but if you're not clued up on what the instructions are talking about in the first place, how can you say they're hard to follow :)

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
men become legends when they died. This is the last thing I want to abz.

You like the Masterpack, you are able to do it yourself.
This is a grouping of files, ready for poisoned.

Please stop funeral, its his choice..., no ?

Reactions: nibb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users